NOM/Keliber- positiv utvikling og samarbeid med Freyr

Limetree
NOM 13.09.2021 kl 16:53 1786

Det blir spennende å følge utviklingen i samarbeidet mellom Keliber i Vaasa og Freyr i Mo i Rana. Ikke tilfeldig at Freyr vil legge batteri fabrikken sin i Mo i Rana når en ser på logistikk ruta fra Vaasa i Finland til Mo i Rana. En kort båttur til Umeå i Sverige, og så straks vegen på E12 til Mo i Rana.

Sannsynligvis ikke lenge før det kommer flere positive meldinger fra den kanten :-)

https://www.mineralsgroup.fi/news-jobs/news/finnish-minerals-group-and-freyr-to-work-together-to-establish-battery-cell-production-in-finland.html

Finnish Minerals Group and FREYR Battery have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to pursue co-operation in implementing a battery cell investment in Finland. The parties will be identifying co-operation and business models, and technological implementation options for the plant, as well as evaluating the possibility of establishing the plant in the city of Vaasa.

“One of Finnish Minerals Group’s strategic objectives is to create a sustainable battery value chain in Finland. As part of this, our objective of introducing precursor and cathode active material production investments is already well progressed. Now our disclosed strategic partnership with FREYR marks the next logical step in our work to put Finland to the map of European cell plant projects. FREYR has the right ambitions of speed and scale, and we share the same commitment to ESG as fundamental value drivers,“ said Matti Hietanen, CEO of Finnish Minerals Group.

“Developing strong regional value chains for the supply of sustainable, low-carbon battery materials to our planned factories in Norway and the potential factories in the Nordic region with short-travelled materials is a key element of FREYR’s ambition of providing battery cells produced with the industry’s lowest CO2-footprint and high ESG standards for all our customers,” said Torstein Dale Sjøtveit, the founder and Executive Chairman of FREYR. “We look forward to exploring the potential industrial scaling of battery cell technology including development of both traditional and next-generation production capacity together with Finnish Minerals Group.”
Redigert 13.09.2021 kl 17:07 Du må logge inn for å svare
Limetree
13.09.2021 kl 17:00 1767

Og borgermesteren i Vaasa er "helt på" når det gjelder å legge til rette for batteri industrien, inkludert mineralutvinning i sin region.
Bærekraft og miljø er selvfølgelig svært vesentlige elementer i denne utviklingen.
Noe å lære her for norske politikere?

https://www.mineralsgroup.fi/news-jobs/blog/finland-can-make-battery-production-greener.html
fxstc
28.04.2022 kl 16:24 1115

logo
Keliber Has Been Granted the Building Permit for its Lithium Chemical Plant
The City of Kokkola granted Keliber the building permit for the company’s lithium chemical plant on 27 April 2022.

The lithium chemical plant will be built in the Kokkola Industrial Park (KIP) in Finland. At the chemical plant, Keliber’s spodumene concentrate is converted to battery-grade lithium hydroxide monohydrate, used in electric vehicles batteries, among other things.

Keliber's goal is to start construction this summer and production in 2024.

For further information, please contact:

Hannu Hautala, CEO, Keliber, +358 40 712 2432, hannu.hautala@keliber.fi

Keliber in Brief

Keliber is a Finnish mining and battery chemical company that aims to start the sustainable production of battery-grade lithium hydroxide, utilising its own ore, in 2024.

www.keliber.fi/en

This release was sent by Keliber

https://news.cision.com/keliber/r/keliber-has-been-granted-the-building-permit-for-its-lithium-chemical-plant,c3556180