OLJA til 100 USD

citius
OLJE 22.12.2021 kl 11:08 25118

Alt ligger nå tilrette for en Oljepris på 100 USD inn i vinteren
Energimarkedet er på bristepunktet

Porteføljen bør nå handle mye om Olje / Gass i de neste måneder
shipnrig
16.01.2022 kl 18:14 7365

Med russiske prosenter så tenker jeg mangegangeren på et år. Usikkert om bwe er en såkalt russerkandidat. Men de skal helt klart over 30 før sommeren. Shlf er også mitt soleklare førstevalg. Hvis shlf smeller opp, tror jeg også borr smeller opp (eller omvendt). Dvd om du har tålmodighet (den vil minst dobles med en kontrakt/salg seg ila året).
Mikkol
16.01.2022 kl 23:43 7105

Blir spennende å se oljens utvikling den kommende uken! Ser vi 87/88$ kanskje?
Jopaul
17.01.2022 kl 15:10 6869

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/International/wireStory/drone-attack-abu-dhabi-tanker-explosion-fire-82304054
Mer uroligheter i Midtøsten, høyere oljepris, dette lover bra for 100$ fatet. Jeg tipper vi ser 100 inn mot sommeren i år
Slettet bruker
17.01.2022 kl 15:32 6809

3 drept og greier , gir f… vi så lenge kursen går oppover😂😂
Kappa3278
18.01.2022 kl 01:15 6952

Morgan Stanley predicts that Brent crude will hit $90 a barrel in the third quarter of this year, while JPMorgan has forecast oil to hit $125 a barrel this year and $150 in 2023. Meanwhile, Rystad Energy's senior vice-president of analysis, Claudio Galimberti, says if OPEC was disciplined and wanted to keep the market tight, it could boost prices to $100.
rytter
18.01.2022 kl 16:59 6775

Med forstyrrelsene i verdikjedene og inflasjonspresset tror jeg vi skal se $148 fat.. Bare teknisk ser jo brent ut til å skulle dit..
https://twitter.com/mpskar/status/1483467552936321024
Slettet bruker
18.01.2022 kl 18:55 6769

Hvordan vil en eventuell krig i Ukraina påvirke oljeprisen?
Mikkol
18.01.2022 kl 21:00 6633

Olja sterk ikveld! Oppe å lukter på 88$ fatet nå. API tall slippes senere ikveld. Forventes kanskje trekk nok en gang?;) Angående krig i Ukraina vil nok dette være en trigger for oljeprisen da det kan hindre forsyning. Men vi får håpe for alles beste at dette ungås.
Slettet bruker
18.01.2022 kl 21:35 6549

Olja ligger nok nå å vaker opp mot 88 på forventninger til lagertrekk, selv om de eksakte tallene kommer imorra.
Noe geopolitisk også selvfølgelig.
Men hadde vært litt action å bikket 90 i løpet av uka
velkjent
18.01.2022 kl 21:43 6538

Jeg synes det fokuseres altfor mye på lagertallene i USA.
Slettet bruker
18.01.2022 kl 21:55 6515

Er jo bare en indikasjon på forbruk, helheten som teller
Stokk Dum
18.01.2022 kl 22:42 6581

Både API- og EIA-tallene kommer en dag senere enn normalt pga helligdag i US i går.

https://www.api.org/products-and-services/statistics/api-weekly-statistical-bulletin#tab-release-schedule

https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/supply/weekly/

mvh
Redigert 18.01.2022 kl 22:43 Du må logge inn for å svare
undrende
18.01.2022 kl 22:48 6563

Rundt $88.50 nå. Begynner å bli heavy
F16
18.01.2022 kl 23:56 6392

Eksplosiv stemning på en del av seismikk - trådene 💤💤
oddone
19.01.2022 kl 00:00 6383

Eksplosjon stopper oljeledning fra Irak til Med, 450 tusen bpd. Bl. a. DNO: https://twitter.com/javierblas/status/1483566903176146950?s=21
Kappa3278
28.01.2022 kl 07:28 5496

That OPEC’s spare oil production capacity was a problem that was only going to get worse with time became clear last year when the first reports began to emerge that the cartel and its partners led by Russia are not adding as much oil to their monthly output as agreed. Now, the gap between commitment and output has deepened, adding fuel to an already strong price rally.

In December, OPEC+ added 253,000 barrels daily to its combined production falling well short of its 400,000-bpd target for yet another month in a growing row. Naturally, this fueled concern about the security of global supply amid forecasts from the International Energy Agency that oil demand is going to exceed pre-pandemic levels later this year.

This latest forecast could be confusing to many who follow the agency’s output. In December, the IEA said that oil demand growth was going to slow down this year. It also forecasted a possible oversupply on the oil market for the current quarter, citing the effect of the Omicron variant on fuel consumption and rising non-OPEC production.

To be fair, the agency noted the oversupply would materialize if several things happen, among them, Saudi Arabia and Russia pumping at record rates as “remaining OPEC+ cuts are fully unwound.” Yet it appears to have greatly underestimated the resilience and strength of demand. No wonder a lot of other forecasters are talking about oil reaching and topping $100 per barrel.

“These monthly [OPEC] additions are increasingly nominal,” Bill Farren-Price, director of intelligence at consultancy Enverus, told the Wall Street Journal this week. “They are not fully backed by real barrels.”

“Oil has been on a remarkable run in recent weeks, driven by very bullish fundamentals as disrupted supply struggled to keep up with strong demand,” OANDA senior analyst Craig Erlam told City A.M.

“OPEC and the IEA have referenced the resilience of demand since the emergence of omicron in recent weeks and the inability of OPEC+ to hit their production targets, or even come close, has led to the kind of one-way price action we’ve been witnessing,” Erlam added.

Morgan Stanley’s Martijn Rats said in a note to clients that Brent crude could hit $100 this year during the second quarter, as global stocks of crude decline and investment in new production remain constrained. He added that high prices could persist through next year as well.

Not everyone believes oil will reach $100, regardless of all the bullish factors currently at play. Saxo Bank’s Ole Hansen, for instance, told City A.M. that the momentum behind the oil price rally was slowing down, and we could see a correction soon. As for the Ukraine tensions, which have also been named among the factors driving oil higher, Hansen noted these were more likely to affect natural gas prices in case of an escalation rather than oil prices.

Whatever the immediate future moves of oil prices, the fact remains that OPEC and Russia and their Central Asian partners don’t seem to be able to stick to their production quotas for reasons varying from political trouble in Libya to technical problems in Nigeria and dwindling spare capacity in Russia and most of OPEC.

The strength of oil demand appears to have been consistently underestimated by some forecasters, and this could add more upward potential for prices—and not only over the immediate term. More upward potential will come from the other looming problem in the oil industry: not enough investment.

Saudi Arabia and OPEC’s former secretary-general warned that underinvestment would come to bite last year. At the time, most forecasts bet on a consistent decline in oil demand as low-carbon energy took the spotlight, but reality has proved different, and it is only a matter of time before the spotlight is shined on the world’s increasingly limited oil production capacity.

Morgan Stanley is projecting that global spare oil production capacity will shrink from 6.5 million bpd at the moment to just 2 million barrels daily by the middle of the year. This would be the result of OPEC and its partners ramping up production as per their agreement to return to pre-pandemic production levels. And this decline in spare capacity, according to the investment bank, would push Brent to $100 and beyond.

Yet the problem with underinvestment is a more serious one because it effectively means that there is a shrinking pool of opportunities to expand this shrinking spare production capacity. Just as a few years ago, the market got worried about Big Oil’s reserve replacement ratio, now it is beginning to get worried about the whole industry’s ability to produce as much oil as the world still needs in spite of the energy transition drive.

OPEC doesn’t want oil at $100. Some officials from the cartel have said as much. Excessively expensive oil is not good for exporters because it dampens demand. But this time, there seems to be little OPEC can do about it except hope that demand doesn’t grow too fast too soon so that prices remain relatively unchanged from where they are now.

By Irina Slav for Oilprice.com

More Top Reads From Oilprice.com:

It’s Full Speed Ahead For The World’s Most Exciting Oil Play
Tight Physical Crude Market Points To Higher Oil Prices
Oil Prices Stable After API Reports Small Crude Draw
omans
31.01.2022 kl 00:10 5263

Tenke seg et oljeprissjokk.
Vi har fått et strømprissjokk.

Ikke utenkelig at oljepris, og dermed drivstoff priser kan lide samme sjebne?

Noen tar til orde for 200dollar.
Det er snart 15 år siden olja nådde 140. Nå er den under 90.
Et sjokk kan sende den til ath test igjen.

Doug King, head of the Merchant Commodity Fund, enjoyed record returns last year, gaining 74 percent in 2021 and beating its previous record of 59 percent set in 2014—another boom year for oil right before the bust. But now, King is expecting further gains in the price of oil, saying it could even reach $200 per barrel over the next five years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/oilprice.com/Energy/Oil-Prices/Could-Oil-Really-Reach-200.amp.html

Redigert 31.01.2022 kl 00:12 Du må logge inn for å svare
Kappa3278
31.01.2022 kl 01:55 5203

Brent crude touched $90 per barrel briefly this week for the first time in years. This latest jump was attributed to tensions around Ukraine, but this is the most transitory reason for oil price rises. The bigger reasons all have to do with fundamentals. And $90 per barrel of Brent may be only the beginning.

A lot has been written recently about OPEC's spare capacity and the not too rosy outlook for it. That spare capacity is in decline for several reasons, but chief among them appears to be underinvestment. As a result, JP Morgan earlier this month warned that Brent could rise to $125 per barrel as OPEC's spare production capacity falls to 4 percent of total capacity by the fourth quarter of 2022.

The International Energy Agency has gone even further, warning OPEC spare capacity could fall by half to just 2.6 million bpd in the second half of the year. The agency then went on to say that, "If demand continues to grow strongly or supply disappoints, the low level of stocks and shrinking spare capacity means that oil markets could be in for another volatile year in 2022."

It is not just OPEC, however. The biggest non-OPEC producer of oil—and biggest oil producer globally—is pumping less than it can. Pressure from shareholders on public oil majors in the United States has increased, as has an insistence that companies focus on greening up their operations instead of looking for more oil and gas to extract. As a result, the U.S. is pumping less oil than it could and, many would argue, should.

As a result, the stage seems set for another expensive year in oil, which happens to coincide with an expensive year overall as central banks begin tightening monetary policies in response to stubborn inflation that, like the IEA's oil demand forecasts from the early days of the pandemic, proved to be far from the transitory glitch the Fed said it was last year.

"The oil market is heading for simultaneously low inventories, low spare capacity and still low investment," Morgan Stanley analysts wrote in a note cited by the Wall Street Journal this week, summing up the situation quite nicely. In this situation, $90 for a barrel of Brent may be just the beginning.

Related: Shell’s Gas Trading Booms While Oil Trading Slows

Indeed, the Wall Street consensus seems to be that Brent will reach $100 by the summer because of all the reasons listed by Morgan Stanley and also because breakeven costs are also on the rise, thanks to inflation trends and labor shortages, at least in the United States. Yet the biggest driver of prices will remain physical demand.

The International Energy Agency admitted physical oil demand has proven stronger than previously expected in its latest Oil Market Report. Based on this surprising turn of events, the IEA revised up its 2022 oil demand forecast by 200,000 bpd. And based on its track record, it might well turn out it has once again underestimated demand robustness. Even with this estimate, oil demand will not only return to pre-pandemic levels but exceed them, reaching 99.7 million bpd by the end of the year.

In such a situation, higher prices for oil are all but certain since there is precious little—bar another round of lockdowns which is highly unlikely—anyone can do about them. The question, then, becomes how high oil can go before it begins to go down?

The answer is tricky. U.S. public oil companies are still beholden to their shareholders, who seem to be taking to heart forecasts that oil has no long-term future. They have limited space for doing what they want. Private companies will be drilling as WTI continues climbing higher. And OPEC will be drilling as well, but it may choose to keep controls on production rather than switching to "pump at will," mostly because only a few OPEC members actually have the capacity to pump at will.

Excessively high prices tend to discourage consumption, regardless of the commodity whose prices are getting excessively high. However, there is a caveat, and it is that the commodity must have a viable alternative to discourage consumption when prices rise too high. Judging from Europe's nightmare autumn and winter this year, alternatives to fossil fuels are not yet up to par. This basically means that the impact of high oil prices on demand will be slow to manifest and slow to push prices down.

Where does this leave the world? The short answer is "Not in a good place." Higher oil prices will lift the prices of everything else, and this is the last thing you want—if you're a government—when you're already struggling with inflation. It may well be that the pandemic will end for good this year, but the real fallout from it may only be starting to show.

By Irina Slav for Oilprice.com

More Top Reads From Oilprice.com:

5 Energy Dividend Stocks To Consider In 2022
Nigeria Is Losing Major Investors As Oil Theft Runs Rampant
Canada Still Sees Future As Oil Exporter Despite Climate Ambitions
KeesB
02.02.2022 kl 09:11 4794

Finansavisen idag:
– Da vil oljeprisen sannsynligvis falle. Oljeprisen holder seg stabil i forkant av dagens møte i Opec+. ???

Forstår jeg ikke norsk, leser ingeting i artikkelen hvorfor prisen skulle ned? Eller...?
Mikkol
02.02.2022 kl 09:21 4768

Dersom Russland eller Saudi bestemmer seg for å fylle på der andre ikke klarer oppnå ønsket nivå, så kan prisen falle.
Tullete å ta med i artikkelen. Virker som han bare nevner noe for å ha en motpol i artikkelen. Russland er mest sannsynlig ikke i stand til å øke egen produksjon. Og Saudi ønsker høy oljepris;)
Slettet bruker
02.02.2022 kl 10:03 4715

Stemmer Mikkol.
Russland klarer ikke øke, Saudi tyner ikke sin siste spare capacity når olja er på ca 90.
Slettet bruker
04.02.2022 kl 19:50 4300

Oljen er vel nå på all time high målt i norske kroner ? 819 kr. pr. fat. 93,41 x 8,77 = 819.
Slettet bruker
04.02.2022 kl 20:00 4268

Det er korrekt. Når olja stod i 140 så var 1 USD 5 nok og noe.
Stokk Dum
04.02.2022 kl 20:03 4253

Er hårklipp koster mer enn et fat olje.

mvh
Haussegutten
04.02.2022 kl 20:19 4210

Eller så kan du bytte inn 2 fat med olje mot 0.75l med KRUG 😂🥂🍾
Slettet bruker
07.02.2022 kl 23:06 3651

It could last for a decade, lets hope
Mikkol
09.02.2022 kl 17:15 3320

Oljelagrene fortsetter å krympe. Lagrene falt med 4,8mil fat forrige uke, mot en ventet oppgang på 0,4mil fat. API lagrene falt 2,025 mil fat viste rapporten igår. Analytikerne er stadig på etterskudd i sine forventninger. Når skal man innse at man er voldsomt på etterskudd på investeringsfronten på oljesiden? Gir god grobunn mot 100$ dette.
https://finansavisen.no/nyheter/olje/2022/02/09/7816433/oljelagrene-i-usa-faller?internal_source=sistenytt
Stokk Dum
09.02.2022 kl 22:49 3129

Countries participating in the Opec+ deal raised output by 260,000 b/d to 37.94mn b/d in January, 800,000 below target for the month, according to Argus' survey. The group is finding it increasingly difficult to keep pace with its monthly 400,000 b/d hike in quotas as spare capacity tightens. Argus estimates that the coalition's spare capacity could drop as low as 3.8mn b/d by the end of March.
https://www.argusmedia.com/en/news/2300201-opec-crude-output-800000-bd-short-of-jan-target?backToResults=true

mvh
danmark1
11.02.2022 kl 11:42 2869

https://e24.no/olje-og-energi/i/v5d7Xw/iea-manglende-opec-produksjon-kan-presse-oljeprisen-videre-opp
SaudiArabien og Rusland kan selv bestemme olieprisen, på grund af manglende investering og vedligehold af oliefelter globalt.
citius
11.02.2022 kl 19:36 2823

Det ser dessverre ut til at det går til 120 USD

trodlet
11.02.2022 kl 19:44 2809

Hva skjer? Olja brått opp og US børs rett ned??
citius
11.02.2022 kl 19:56 2793

Putin på vei over grensen....visst nok
Fakevenues
11.02.2022 kl 19:59 2789

USSR Bearmarket
EvenHigher
11.02.2022 kl 20:00 2783

Ukraina. Flere vestlige stater ber sine innbyggere forlate landet. Spisser seg til. OL snart over..Olja opp, børsen ned. Med unntak av oljeselskapene da. De peker rett opp i kveld.
citius
11.02.2022 kl 20:02 2783

Pressebrief i det hvite hus nå

"Når som helst"