Powell; Inflasjonen skal bekjempes, koste hva det koste vil!

gepard1
USA 13.05.2022 kl 03:21 707

Powell Sees More "Pain" Ahead, Admits 'Soft Landing' Is 'Out Of Fed's Control'

Speaking on MarketPlace Radio this evening, Powell said the central bank has both the tools and resolve to bring down rapid inflation — though he acknowledged that the path to lower price increases could be a painful one.

Powell; So I would say that we fully understand and appreciate how painful inflation is, and that we have the tools and the resolve to get it down to 2%, and that we’re going to do that. I will also say that the process of getting inflation down to 2% will also include some pain, but ultimately the most painful thing would be if we were to fail to deal with it and inflation were to get entrenched in the economy at high levels, and we know what that’s like. And that’s just people losing the value of their paycheck to high inflation and, ultimately, we’d have to go through a much deeper downturn. And so we really need to avoid that.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/powell-sees-more-pain-ahead-admits-soft-landing-out-feds-control
gepard1
16.05.2022 kl 16:16 541

With inflation running rampant, unemployment falling, and wages soaring, the Jerome Powell-led Federal Reserve waited too long to reverse its ultra-low interest rate policies and a massive bond-buying program. This delay has now been called a "mistake" by former Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke.

Bernanke spoke with CNBC's Andrew Ross Sorkin in an interview during Monday's "Squawk Box" show. He told Sorkin, "The question is why did they delay that. ... Why did they delay their response? I think in retrospect, yes, it was a mistake."
gepard1
18.05.2022 kl 08:38 431

9% inflasjon i Storbritania???

Rentene maa settes kraftig opp!