Verdens 4. største tankrederi. Verdens beste eier.

bankerott
FRO 03.11.2022 kl 19:55 1388

Shortet,
bankerott
03.11.2022 kl 20:05 1352

og undervurdert. Men nå er det kanskje tid for revansje? Forholdene ligger i alle fall til rette for oppgang. Teknisk er aksjen et klart kjøp og med markedet med seg kan det bli en fin periode for Frontline og Fredriksen fans. Vi kan se frem til hyggelige utbytter i noen kvartaler. Tror jeg. 0,5 $ i utbyttekapasitet etter Q3 tror jeg er realistisk. Shorterne hjelper til og driver kursen.
Hellboy
03.11.2022 kl 20:14 1328

Juster overskriften til verdens nest beste eier så er jeg passe enig. Eieren av OET er bedre ;)
bankerott
03.11.2022 kl 20:34 1292

Haha 😊. Vi får se når utbytte er klart.
Ulogisk
03.11.2022 kl 20:56 1235

Hva mener folket om rater og kursstigning for stortank etter en fin kursstigning de siste ukene?
Er det steget for mye mht videre kursstigning?
Hellboy
03.11.2022 kl 21:15 1181

Haha. Det var et merkelig spørsmål. Uansett om man har Okeanis som meg (ren stortank) med litt ekstra i Hafnia ( produkttank) eller Frontline som har både stortank og produkt, så blir de kommende årene vanvittig bra, og det er ikke i nærheten av toppen. Sett deg inn i de nye reglene fra nyttår, så ser du at tonnasjen går ned. Det er heller ikke noe nybygg på vei til å øke tilgjengelig tonnasje, tvert om. Og på toppen så kommer krigen og enda lenger fraktruter.

Så er du ikke godt lastet i tank før de neste årene er det synd for deg. God inntjening alt, og supersyklusen som kommer til å vare i flere år er på vei :D
Flipper
03.11.2022 kl 21:18 1163

Bra for FRO med moderne flåte Legger ansvar over på befrakterne, presser ut gamle holker som bla. ikke har forsikring engang:

BIMCO Drafts Emissions Trading Scheme Allowances Clause for Time Charter Parties

By Ira Breskin –

BIMCO, which provides most standard ship charter parties or leasing contracts, recently drafted a clause that makes charterers responsible to pay for vessel emissions allowances or credits.

The Baltic and International Maritime Council’s “ETS – Emissions Trading Scheme Allowance Clause for Time Charter Parties 2022” also assigns administration of the allowances to the ship owner or ship manager.

Fundamentally, the clause requires both shipping contract parties to cooperate and collaborate, BIMCO says.

Specifically, the clause spells out how a carrier should rebate credits when a ship is off-hire.

BIMCO offers the clause to provide clarity in anticipation of the European Union’s mandatory ship emissions trading scheme becoming effective shortly, likely early next year.

Emissions Trading Systems (ETS) are “cap and trade” schemes that permit carriers to emit greenhouse gases in exchange for allowances.

The draft clause assigning financial responsibility for vessel emissions adheres to the “polluter-pays” principle by ensuring the pass-through of ETS costs to the commercial operators of vessels – in this case, time charterers, BIMCO says.

Emissions trading exchanges will determine the price of the allowances.

To encourage carriers to reduce carbon and greenhouse gas emissions, the ETS program will reduce the number of allowances available, over time, Copenhagen-based BIMCO reports.

Carriers can cut emissions by slow steaming or using alternative fuels.

The EU’s ETS program likely will become effective in 2023, with financial settlement for that year’s emissions due in the early 2024, said Lars Robert Pedersen, BIMCO’s deputy secretary general, technical, during a recent BIMCO webcast.

Enactment of the new emissions policy will follow the EU’s expected release later this year of the final ETS shipping industry rules, Pedersen said.

“There are still a lot of unknowns here,” he added.

The EU, which operates the world’s largest ETS, mandated earlier this year that the shipping industry join its larger emissions reduction program, the “Fit for 55” package. Ships that call at EU ports must participate.

In the absence of a “global” emissions reduction scheme, non-EU nations could develop discrete ETS’, Pedersen said.

Separately, the International Maritime Organization (IMO) is expected to introduce updated emissions regulations at the next scheduled meeting this spring of the Marine Environment Protection Committee.

New IMO regulations could include a large-scale mandatory emissions trading scheme.

To date, IMO has announced broad industry emission-reduction goals for 2030 and 2050.

Finally, BIMCO also expects to soon release a second, new clause for time charter parties following the IMO’s recent introduction of a carbon emissions reduction initiative.

That clause will address liability should the operator of a large commercial vessel fail to begin drafting an IMO-mandated vessel-specific carbon emissions reduction plan beginning on January 1, 2023.

The plan is part of the Carbon Intensity Indicator initiative.

Ira Breskin is a senior lecturer at State University of New York Maritime College in the Bronx, NY and author of The Business of Shipping (9th edition, 2018), a primer that explains shipping economics, operations and regulations