Tomra Systems - nyheter

Rect Angel
TOM 29.12.2022 kl 00:30 63158

Slik jeg ser det, er Tomra Systems et fantastisk, grønt teknologiselskap. Globalt ledende og perfekt rigget for å betjene sterkt økende etterspørsel innen alle selskapets forretningsområder, i tiår fremover. Velger å starte denne tråden på forumet for 'Grønne aksjer'.

Har benyttet kursfallet den senere tid til å ta en posisjon i Tomra Systems. Dette fordi jeg er av den oppfatning at man skal lete lenge etter et mer opplagt langsiktig investeringsobjekt. Best mulig kurs er selvsagt å foretrekke, men er ikke så veldig opptatt av kortsiktige bevegelser i aksjekursen. Hensikten med denne trådstarten er primært å poste noen lenker av og til, til nyheter jeg måtte komme over som følge av at jeg er interessert i hva som skjer i og rundt selskapet (*). Bare hos Nordnet er det 7 819 aksjeieiere i Tomra Systems, ifølge megleren. Så selv om det er 'helt stille' rundt selskapet her på forumet, tenker jeg likevel at det kan være et visst 'marked' for litt nytt, en gang i blant.

Quick-change MRF

Santa Barbara County’s Resource Center sorts MSW and single-stream recyclables using the same circuit with Tomra Autosort units to reduce landfilling.

December 28, 2022
Rick Zettler

https://www.recyclingtoday.com/article/santa-barbara-county-resource-center-processes-msw-and-single-stream-recyclables/

* Hvis artikler er på et annet språk enn engelsk eller norsk, gjengis overskriftene oversatt til engelsk mens lenken er til artikkelen på originalspråk slik at man selv kan velge hvilket språk man eventuelt ønsker å oversette artikkelen til
Redigert 05.10.2023 kl 22:45 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
07.03.2023 kl 22:53 8118

Pant.

Som nevnt, den skotske regjeringen og systemoperatør BIFFA sier det blir oppstart av det skotske pantesystemet i august i år, som planlagt. Men som også nevnt, der finnes helt klart de som protesterer og vil utsette oppstarten.

Deposit return scheme will alter Scotland's competitive landscape

16 hrs ago
By Kristy Dorsey@KristyDorseyBusiness Correspondent

Recycling is good, and litter is bad – on this pretty much everyone can agree. Achieving more of the former and cutting down on the latter will come at a cost, and it will also reshape the competitive landscape for thousands of businesses throughout Scotland.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/23367218.deposit-return-scheme-will-alter-scotlands-competitive-landscape/

Sortering. Gruvedrift.

TOMRA’s latest XRT advances open up processing options for miners

Posted by Daniel Gleeson on 7th March 2023

When it comes to particle sorting, size is everything. Whether used as a primary sorting method in smaller operations where product purity is paramount to profits, or in a scavenger setup downstream to capture value once lost to tailings, particle sorters are becoming more and more commonplace across the mining world.

They have featured in flowsheets in the industrial minerals space for decades, but they are now finding their way into metal operations all over the world as miners look to boost recoveries, reduce their energy consumption and, in many instances, rationalise their water use.

This makes TOMRA Mining’s latest advances in sensor-based ore sorting all the more significant.

The company is now breaking ground with a new ejection module for its COM Tertiary XRT (X-ray Transmission) sensor-based sorter specifically developed for sorting small particle sizes.

https://im-mining.com/2023/03/07/tomras-latest-xrt-advances-open-up-processing-options-for-miners/
Redigert 07.03.2023 kl 22:54 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
08.03.2023 kl 11:37 8110

Pant. Polen.

Żabka is not waiting for the bail act. Recyclometers appeared in stores in Bydgoszcz

Source: MW08-03-2023, 10:27

Recyclometers from the TOMRA Collection stood in Żabka stores in Bydgoszcz. Pilotage is to encourage consumers to better manage waste.

* Over 45 billion a year - so many recyclable packaging goes to TOMRA Collection recyclates located in 60 countries around the world.

* This number will be joined by more cans and bottles from bottles in Żabka stores. The network has launched a pilot in Bydgoszcz to encourage consumers to better manage waste.

TOMRA recyclates in Żabka stores

TOMRA Collection recyclates have just stood in Żabka stores in Bydgoszcz. The network thus expands its portfolio of stores where consumers can return used recyclable packaging. This is another step of Żabka towards changing habits and building a circular economy.

Small stores choose innovation

– Żabka was the first network in Poland to introduce effective solutions that bring us closer to the circular economy. We decided on the next step, which is the „ Green Renewal ” project. Customers of our stores have the option of returning disposable beverage packaging in all, over 120 Żabki, located in Bydgoszcz. We choose experienced partners to implement our activities - one of them is TOMRA – says Joanna Kasowska, director of quality and food management standards in Żabka Polska.

Technologies support stores at various levels: collection, storage and logistics. At the collection stage, technological support is provided by recyclates, which stores often decide on due to their performance and a convenient and quick way to return packaging. Machines count and analyze containers, reject ineligible and, above all, pay a deposit, most often in the form of a voucher that the customer can use in the same store.

How to give bottles in Żabka?

Żabka customers will be able to use M1 devices - the smallest ( machine on the market, only 0.62 m2 ), which recognizes, sorts and stores glass, plastic and metal packaging. M1 has been properly designed to meet the current needs of the Żabka network. The machine receives two types of containers – PET bottles and cans and connects to the Żabki mobile application. Customers, instead of a paper voucher, will receive a digital payout in the form of japps. To start the session, they must scan the personal bar code from the application, insert bottles or cans into the recyclomat, and then the appropriate number of japps will be added to the account.

The vending machines also offer facilities for store employees. They contain a wizard on the screen with transparent cleaning instructions so as to minimize cleaning time. In addition, the Notify & Assist app helps sellers monitor machines in real time while notifying them of the baskets being filled.

https://www.dlahandlu.pl/detal-hurt/wiadomosci/zabka-nie-czeka-na-ustawe-kaucyjna-recyklomaty-pojawily-sie-w-sklepach-w-bydgoszczy,116532.html

Rect Angel
08.03.2023 kl 13:07 8177

Greit å vite. Fersk synliggjøring av short så her 'jobbes' det. Lykke til!

NO0005668905 TOMRA SYSTEMS 1 491 079 0.50% 06.03.2023

https://ssr.finanstilsynet.no/

Redigert 08.03.2023 kl 13:16 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
09.03.2023 kl 22:19 8105

I Skottland skapes nye, grønne arbeidsplasser som en direkte følge av pantesystemet som skal være oppe å gå i august i år. Noe som tas imot med jubel av lokal representant i det skotske parlamentet.

Tomra-ledelsen sa under Q4 2022 presentasjonen i februar at man allerede har inngått avtaler i Skottland.

Jobs boost at new North Lanarkshire recycling centre as a result of Deposit Return Scheme

The Motherwell site will play a key role as a regional collection and counting hub

By Michael Pringle
20:20, 8 MAR 2023

A Lanarkshire-based MSP has welcomed the announcement of 140 new jobs which are being created in Motherwell as part of Scotland’s Deposit Return Scheme (DRS).

Gillian Mackay says she is “delighted” at the news of the employment boost for North Lanarkshire.

From August 16 this year, people will pay a 20p deposit when they buy a drink in a bottle or can. The empty containers can be returned to one of the thousands of return points that will be available and claim 20p back for each of them.

Waste management company Biffa is investing more than £80m to develop the infrastructure needed to deliver DRS in Scotland and around 500 jobs will be created across Scotland. A former parcel depot at Eurocentral industrial park is being transformed into a state-of-the-art recycling centre.

Following the launch of the scheme, the Motherwell site will play a pivotal role and form part of a network of facilities across Scotland that will count, sort and bale the billions of plastic, glass and aluminium drinks containers collected through the DRS each year. The material will then be recycled back into brand new bottles and cans.

Around 140 jobs will be created at the new facility, including multi-skilled operatives, HGV drivers, weighbridge operators and managers.

Gillian Mackay, Scottish Green MSP for Central Scotland, said: “I am delighted that the Deposit Return Scheme is already creating so many high quality jobs in Motherwell.

“This scheme will be a turning point for Scotland’s relationship with recycling and litter, and I am very glad that Motherwell will be playing its part while securing vital investment in our community.

“We can all see the problem, with far too many of our streets and communities being blighted by cans and bottles.

“Despite all of the scaremongering and the misinformation we have seen from the Tories, I know that people in Motherwell value our local economy and environment, and that they will welcome this fantastic news.

“It will also set the model for how successful deposit return schemes can operate across the UK. I am proud that it is being delivered by a Green Minister.”

Circularity Scotland was was established in 2021, set up by drinks producers, trade associations and retailers and was approved by the Scottish Government as the single scheme administrator.

Gavin Money, Biffa’s DRS Operations Director, said: “We are working closely with Circularity Scotland and progressing well with the exciting and ambitious plans for the launch of DRS in Scotland, which will see new recycling infrastructure developed across the country.

The Motherwell site will play a key role as a regional collection and counting hub, handling some of the billions of plastic, glass and metal drinks containers collected each year from across Scotland.”

David Harris, Circularity Scotland Chief Executive, said: “This is another important milestone in preparing for the launch of the Deposit Return Scheme in August. The DRS will transform how Scotland recycles, preventing billions of bottles and cans each year from ending up as waste.

"This is a ground-breaking initiative that can act as a catalyst for the green economy in Scotland, creating jobs and supporting local economies while also helping protect our environment for generations to come.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/lanarkshire/jobs-boost-new-north-lanarkshire-29403983#

Stor stemning i New South Wales der Tomra er operatør for pantesystemet 'Return and Earn' som nå har nådd milepælen 9 billioner innsamlede panteenheter!

(Mer å lese hvis man åpner linken under)

NSW recycles 9 billion bottles/cans & refunds $900M

9 MAR 2023 1:16 PM AEDT

NSW has reached a new recycling milestone today with 9 billion bottles, cans and drink cartons returned by the community through the Return and Earn return point network.

Danielle Smalley, CEO of Exchange for Change, scheme coordinator for Return and Earn said the community’s tremendous support for the scheme is delivering huge benefits to the environment and the people of NSW.

“While today’s milestone means thousands of tonnes of plastic, glass and aluminium has avoided ending up in litter or landfill, it also represents $900 million in container refunds back into the hands of the community.

“These funds are helping offset people’s weekly shopping costs, providing pocket money for kids and have become an important avenue for fundraising across the state, with more than $42 million raised for charities,” said Danielle Smalley.

When you combine the 9 billion containers returned via the return point network together with kerbside recycled containers redeemed by local material recovery facilities, a staggering 11.73 billion bottles and cans have been collected since the scheme began in 2017. This equates to 837,000 tonnes of materials recycled and a reduction in CO2 emissions equivalent to taking more than 400,000 cars off the road for a year.

James Dorney, CEO of TOMRA Cleanaway, network operator said we can all be proud of what we have achieved working together for a cleaner and more sustainable state.

“It’s humbling to know Return and Earn is having a positive and measurable impact.

“We have a proven record of success with 100 per cent of glass and plastic containers collected through the network reprocessed into new containers and other food grade packaging right here in Australia,” said James Dorney.

https://www.miragenews.com/nsw-recycles-9-billion-bottlescans-refunds-900m-963050/
Rect Angel
11.03.2023 kl 17:11 8132

Artig liten historie fra Slovenia som forteller det meste, i forbindelse med nyåpnet, renovert SPAR butikk.

Skriften på veggen er tydelig og enkel å lese, for pant kommer overalt og private aktører går gjerne i forkant av myndigheter nå. Tomra er det soleklare førstevalget for de aller fleste.

Spar Slovenia in Jesenice

Donation to local associations during the renovation of the SPAR store

COUNCIL,   SATURDAY, MARCH 11, 2023   SPAR SLOVENIA TRADE COMPANY D.O.O
In addition, like most SPAR and INTERSPAR stores, it has arranged the collection of returnable packaging in Tomra vending machines, which is why SPAR Slovenia supports the circular economy. Spar Slovenija is always seeks to remain a responsible partner for society and the environment in which it operates, so the sustainable aspect has become, so to speak, a constant in any project or construction.

https://www.si21.com/Svet/spar-slovenija-na-jesenicah-/
Rect Angel
14.03.2023 kl 23:20 7980

Etter 3 års ufrivillig pause pga corona, ble den gigantiske messen EUROSHOP nylig igjen avholdt i tyske Düsseldorf og Tomra var som seg hør og bør seff sterkt tilstede 'As an undisputed leader in automatic emptying systems, the Norwegian manufacturer did not come to Düsseldorf empty-handed', for å bruke formuleringen til artikkelforfatter CHRISTOPHE SANCY.

EUROSHOP Tomra presents his concepts for the ( near ) future

TODAY 11:00•RETAIL•CHRISTOPHE SANCY

Three years after the coronapandemic, EuroShop again took place in Düsseldorf, one of the largest retail fairs in the world and therefore one of the agreements that we absolutely did not want to miss. Our editors made a selection of the most important innovations. Discover them in our series. Now it's your turn? Tomra who presents his concepts for the ( near ) future.

As an undisputed leader in automatic emptying systems, the Norwegian manufacturer did not come to Düsseldorf empty-handed. In addition to its extensive range of existing machines, Tomra took the opportunity to propose new devices that herald what is to come in the future, kind of like a car manufacturer that reveals a concept car. The first is an extremely compact bottle collection system, in vertical format to fit into the confined space of small convenience stores. The storage is done directly in a standard roll container.

Another first is the latest development of a ‘ multi-feed ’ processing machine for the collection of aluminum cans and PET bottles. Compared to the R1 machine that was released in 2020, this generation has a very minimalist design and maintains a very practical principle: the consumer does not have to import every empty packaging piece by piece, he can dump more than a hundred used packaging at the same time, which is roughly the contents of a pet bag. Of course Tomra has also followed with great interest the Belgian soap about the desirability of a process other than the Fost + collection, which has nevertheless proved its worth and continues to invest in improving the recycling rate. In Flanders in particular, the discussion is about the possibility of introducing a deposit on packaging to be recycled, as foreseen in the Dutch deposit system: regional minister Zuhal Demir has recently expressed support for this. Not surprising that Tomra is also in favor! Deposit means not only a collection point but also a refund, which is a very potential market that offers itself. However, we are not there yet: the idea is very controversial, not least among the shopkeepers.

The future concepts revealed in Düsseldorf demonstrate a sober, thoughtful and practical approach, both for the consumer and the retailer. For the customer there is the presence of a color screen with excellent resolution, and systematically the possibility to digitally deduct the amount of the returned empties from his customer account, without having to print a ticket to be scanned at checkout. At the same time, this also means that staff no longer have to replace printer rolls, which immediately saves time and frustration for the customer.

https://www.gondola.be/nl/news/tomra-presenteert-zijn-concepten-voor-de-nabije-toekomst

I Polen ser man frem til pantesystem, og Tomra er seff 'på ballen' også der slik man er overalt.

PORTALSAMORZĄDOWY.PL
COMMUNAL ECONOMY

There, the deposit system works perfectly. We are still waiting for the project

PAP / aw

March 14, 2023 - 07:30

The amount of the deposit is the main reason for returning empty bottles and cans in Slovakia, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands - according to the study. The survey showed that 93 percent people return at least 90 percent used packaging covered by the deposit system.

* The survey was attended by respondents from Slovakia, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.

* The study showed that among the four main factors, because of which consumers are involved in the deposit system, the most important is financial motivation, i.e. the amount of the deposit.

* Work on the project to implement the deposit system in Poland has been going on for over a year and has been changed several times.

A survey by the TOMRA Collection shows that the deposit system not only allows to achieve high levels of beverage packaging collection, but also raises high consumer involvement. "As many as 93% of respondents return at least 90 percent of those consumed, covered by the packaging system. They most often use the amount of the refunded deposit for purchases in the same store where they received it ( 87% ) "- it was informed.

Konrad Worm from TOMRA Collection Polska, commenting on the results of the study, emphasized that such a large percentage of consumers involved is the result of designed and implemented deposit systems, including educational campaigns.

"We see full awareness among consumers about the effects of their daily habits. In this way they give value to raw materials that can be processed many times "- he pointed out.
The Polish bail project is waiting for government approval

Work on the project to implement the deposit system in Poland has been going on for over a year and has been changed several times. In January, the Ministry of Climate and the Environment reported that the last change concerned the factions that will be covered by the deposit system. The system is to cover plastic packaging after beverages with a capacity of up to 3 liters, reusable glass packaging after beverages with a capacity of up to 1.5 liters, as well as metal cans with a capacity of up to 1 liter.

Jacek Ozdoba, deputy head of the Ministry of Culture and Education, recently announced that the ministry has already completed work on the relevant project and it was transferred to the NAP. He expressed the hope that the government would soon accept the project.

https://www.portalsamorzadowy.pl/gospodarka-komunalna/tam-system-kaucyjny-sie-doskonale-sprawdza-my-wciaz-czekamy-na-projekt,447152.html

Guy Milette with Courchesne Larose

“Distribution of produce has become more technical and complicated, requiring more investment”

Publication date: Mon 13 Mar 2023
Author: Marieke Hemmes
© FreshPlaza.com

Developing the business and growing sales was top priority. In 22 years, the whole team and myself helped Montreal-based Courchesne Larose grow by 10 times its revenues. How was this growth achieved? “In the past 20 years, we went through some very serious strategic planning sessions,” Milette said. “We sat down every five years to make a plan for the medium to long term and most importantly, we always sticked to the plans that were put together,” he added. As a result, Courchesne Larose grew into a group of nine companies with multiple locations. “We invested, we acquired and the strategic plan we put together in 2019/2020 was not only ambitious, it was also important for the future of our company.”
Service company

In general, the nature of the business has become more complicated over the years. In the past, distribution used to be simple. “Nowadays, customers all want different types of products, different quantities, different packaging,” shared Milette. “All of this means that we are no longer just buying and selling produce, we’ve become a service company.” Sister company Marcan Packaging used to be a citrus re-packing facility, handling millions of cases per year. However, with retailers increasingly shifting to packaged product, demand increased drastically. To meet demand, an investment was made in TOMRA equipment that gives Marcan twice the capacity.

https://www.freshplaza.com/asia/article/9511011/distribution-of-produce-has-become-more-technical-and-complicated-requiring-more-investment/

The redesigned Tommy hypermarket at the Joker opens on Wednesday

P. AND. | 13. 03rd. 2023. | 15:12h
They also highlight self-service (fast) cash registers and a built-in Tomra packaging waste purchase apparatus.

https://dalmatinskiportal.hr/vijesti/preuredeni-tommy-hipermarket-u-jokeru-otvara-se-u-srijedu/163022

Kingussie High School scoops first place for female investment challenge

By Rachel Smart 
- rachel.smart@hnmedia.co.uk
Published: 10:23, 14 March 2023|Updated: 10:25, 14 March 2023
The Senior Team, 16 -18 age group category (Gabi, Kirsty, Catrin, Zoe and Sasha) delivered a highly professional pitch on the sorting and recycling company TOMRA , whilst the Junior Team, 14-16 year category (Lucy, Tia and Jess) presented on renewable energy firm SolarEdge.
Georgiana Radulescu, vice president head of investor relations at TOMRA added: “We are very impressed with the work done by the team, congratulations! To address big challenges like resource scarcity and climate change, we need many ideas, perspectives, and diversity in both business and investing. It was great to see the girls’ take on our story, we are happy to have been chosen, and thank you for inspiring us back.”

https://www.strathspey-herald.co.uk/news/girls-from-kingussie-high-school-beat-teams-across-country-a-306739/
Rect Angel
15.03.2023 kl 22:41 7887

Poland pays PLN 1.7 billion in plastic tax annually. How much can the deposit-refund system reduce it?

Author: ed. J.S Date: 15-03-2023, 12:24

https://www.portalspozywczy.pl/technologie/wiadomosci/polska-placi-rocznie-1-7-mld-zl-podatku-od-plastiku-o-ile-system-kaucyjny-moze-to-obnizyc,220977.html
Rect Angel
16.03.2023 kl 22:14 7841

PRODUCE PLUS

Tomra readies for World Avocado Congress

By Liam O'Callaghan16 March 2023

New packing line solution on show as Tomra Food welcomes the world avocado industry to New Zealand in April

Tomra Food is set to share its latest advances in post-harvest technology and present an academic paper regarding measurement methods for improving product quality at the upcoming World Avocado Congress.

Supporting the Congress as a Gold Sponsor, Tomra will host a pre-congress networking event at its premises in Auckland and host an Innovation Breakfast, with a presentation on artificial intelligence, at the Aotea Centre when the global avocado trade meets in New Zealand on 2-5.

At the event, Tomra will demonstrate its new Adaptive Rate Controller (ARC). The ARC maintains consistent fruit volume on the packing line to optimise sorter input by continuously counting fruit on a roller elevator and autonomously adjusting infeed speed. This is made possible by an infeed-mounted camera and pre-trained AI models.

Artificial Intelligence will also be showcased at the Toma Food Innovation Breakfast in the Aotea Centre’s Waihorotiu Room on Wednesday 4 April.
Artificial Intelligence will also be showcased at the Toma Food Innovation Breakfast in the Aotea Centre’s Waihorotiu Room on Wednesday 4 April.

The company’s head of innovation, James French, will give a presentation that starts by asking, “What sort of impact will Artificial Intelligence have on the food industry?”.

French will review how AI is already making a positive difference in day-to-day operations at food packhouses and processors before discussing how AI will become increasingly important to the food industry in the near future.

Inspection science manager, Robert Valkenburg will also present an academic paper that compares methods for rapid non-destructive and destructive measurement of dry matter, firmness, and rot in Haas avocados.

https://www.fruitnet.com/produce-plus/tomra-readies-for-world-avocado-congress/248553.article
Rect Angel
19.03.2023 kl 21:36 7769

Tid19.03.2023, 18:00:05

MeldingsID 585616
Utsteder ID TOM
MarkedOslo Børs

TOMRA acquires 14% ownership stake in product traceability company Kezzler

TOMRA Systems ASA has acquired a 14% ownership stake in Kezzler AS, a product traceability company headquartered in Norway, for NOK 110 million. The investment is done through a combination of participation in the company's rights issue and buying secondary shares. Following the investment, TOMRA became the largest shareholder in Kezzler AS.

Kezzler AS was founded in 2003 in Norway and is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider that has developed a platform to enable traceability of products through their life cycles. The solution platform is scalable, flexible, and purpose-built to meet traceability challenges of large, complex organizations across various industries.

TOMRA and Kezzler have already collaborated in several strategic verticals and see a potential for mutual value creation working in closer collaboration going forward. TOMRA regards traceability and transparency to be important elements of circular business models. The investment in Kezzler enables TOMRA to explore and further develop opportunities in a strategic digital space.

"Through this investment, TOMRA will take a position with an important technology that can accelerate the required transition to circularity and resource optimization.", says Tove Andersen, TOMRA President and CEO.

"Already working with some of the largest brand names in the world, we very much welcome TOMRA as our largest shareholder. I am confident that we together can continue to scale our mutual solutions with the strong industrial support that TOMRA can facilitate", says Erik Langaker, chair of the board of Kezzler AS.

TOMRA Systems ASA Asker, 19 March 2023

For further inquiries, please contact: Eva Sagemo, CFO +47 934 39 911

https://newsweb.oslobors.no/message/585616
Rect Angel
20.03.2023 kl 22:09 7788

Legg spesielt merke til at store EU-midler kanaliseres inn i prosjekter som dette.

Waste management in Gdańsk is entering a higher level

2023-03-20 |  13:15

Full automation of the sorting process, recovery of twice as much raw materials from all waste going to the installation and guarantee that the stringent standards for recycling levels by municipalities – are met are just some of the effects of the modernization of the waste sorting plant just completed in Gdańsk Utilization. The general contractor used the AUTOSORT optical separators from TOMRA Sorting, which are responsible for the quantity and quality of material fractions intended for recycling.

– Works on the modernization of the sorting plant lasted over a year. Today we are after three months of testing the new installation. Already, after its start-up, we know that our city has a unique installation for sorting waste collected selectively and mixed. Our sorting plant has the highest capacity in Poland. With – optical separators – installed, we can produce 14 types of secondary raw materials – says Grzegorz Orzeszko, president of the Utilization Plant. – Our installation is very flexible, we can respond to the needs of our customers and quickly adapt to changes in the composition of waste that reach us. Thanks to this, raw materials remain in a closed circuit, thus saving natural resources and reducing CO2 emissions – adds Grzegorz Orzeszko.

In addition to the environmental benefits of preparing and directing more raw materials for recycling in recycling processes, instead of transferring them for incineration, there are also those related to finance. More specifically, – very significant reduction of potential costs and penalties that the municipality would incur if it did not meet the stringent recycling standards. In 2022, local governments were required to recover 25% of waste for reprocessing, and in two years, i.e. in 2025, it will be 55%.

– We are currently unable to achieve recycling targets that will continue to grow in the future. That is why a holistic approach to waste management is needed, which involves improving existing waste collection systems within various fractions and sorting them, and adding new elements such as the deposit system or sorting the entire mixed waste stream. Changes are needed not only in the waste infrastructure, but above all in the approach to raw materials, which we can recover and reuse better and better – says Anna Sapota, vice president of public affairs for North-East Europe in the TOMRA group.

The modernization of the installation is another element of the waste management system, thanks to which the Gdańsk Utilization Plant will be able to maintain the recycling levels required by law, and thus Gdańsk will meet legal requirements and avoid penalties.

What is the character of a modernized waste sorting plant?

– The project uses the latest generation of AUTOSORT optical separators using groundbreaking TOMRA Sorting technology - FLYING BEAM ®, which is characterized by increased sorting precision, while lower energy consumption. Thanks to this, as well as the technological solutions of the process used, it is possible to obtain the highest available quality of separated material fractions, which does not differ from that obtained on the most advanced sorting installations operating on other markets, e.g. in Norway or Sweden. 
The modernization of the sorting plant at the Utilization Plant in Gdańsk was possible thanks to co-financing from European Funds under measure 2.2. Municipal waste management, priority axis II Environmental Protection, including adaptation to climate change of the Operational Program Infrastructure and Environment 2014-2020. The total investment cost was PLN 68,880,000.00 gross, while the project received EU funding in the amount of PLN 38,080,000.00 net –, which is 85% of the amount of eligible expenditure.

https://biznes.newseria.pl/biuro-prasowe/ochrona_srodowiska/zagospodarowywanie,b1112750506
Rect Angel
21.03.2023 kl 22:34 7730

How end-to-end line solutions for cherry packhouses are improving efficiencies and profitability

March 20 , 2023
PRESS RELEASE

Even though cherries are pricier than other stone fruits, their sales are accelerating far more quickly. Global demand is rising, exports are booming, and new growers and packers are entering the market to profit from these opportunities.

The popularity of cherries is especially evident in their biggest market, China, during the nation’s New Year: to satisfy a seasonal feeding frenzy, packhouses have to work around the clock, while exporters rush the produce to market in ‘express’ boats and aircraft. This is emblematic of what’s happening throughout the year and around much of the world: these little red treasures simply can’t be grown or packed fast enough. 

There’s no end in sight to the growth in demand for cherries. In developed nations, there’s an increasing appetite for cherries for their natural healthiness. In developing nations, the growth in middle-income households is fuelling demand. And in almost all markets, cherries are increasingly wanted not only for consumption at home but also as an ingredient for commercial bakery products. Market researchers forecast that the global cherry market will continue to expand over the next five years at a compound annual growth rate of anything from 5% to 10%.
Consumers buy with their eyes, expecting cherries to have a consistent color; skins that are smooth, firm, and free from pitting; and long green stems indicative of freshness.

For packhouses, this is a challenge, because cherries are notoriously vulnerable to handling damage and exceptionally difficult to sort and grade. Careless packaging can bruise or cut the fruit and loosen or remove stems. But to reliably detect defects, it is necessary to inspect each piece of fruit in its entirety, through 360 degrees, something many packhouses have traditionally found impossible.

Understanding the challenges 

It is now possible, however, to achieve a complete 360-degree inspection of the fruit, thanks to state-of-the-art sorting and grading technologies. This technology also increases output, improves product quality, reduces the problems associated with recruiting and retaining labor, reduces food waste, and maximizes pack out.

The leading manufacturer of integrated post-harvest-to-pack solutions for cherries is TOMRA Food. 

Long renowned for setting the benchmark in optical sorting and grading technologies for the food industry, TOMRA broadened its offering to include solutions for cherry packhouses (and lines handling blueberries and other small fruits) by acquiring two innovative New Zealand-based companies, BBC Technologies and Compac. Today all the solutions originated by those two companies – as well as solutions introduced since their acquisitions – are manufactured, sold, serviced, and supported directly by TOMRA. This means cherry packhouses now benefit from TOMRA’s world-class technical expertise and global presence. The company operates in the United States, Europe, South America, Asia, Africa, and Australasia. 

Building on this international reach, TOMRA has taken measures in the last year to strengthen customer support and speed of response in cherry-growing regions. This included sending a team of experts to all major cherry regions around the world, to work closely with packhouses and share in experiencing their challenges. This detailed knowledge will help inform the refinement of TOMRA’s existing solutions and inspire the design and development of new ones. TOMRA’s mission with cherries, as with other food categories, is to lead the resource revolution in a world where every piece of food counts. 

Separating, sorting, and grading  

TOMRA’s cherry solutions are already unrivaled for their effectiveness in performing every important task on the line: infeed, sorting, grading, filling, packing, and product traceability. These solutions are unmatched in their throughput capabilities, handling gentleness, grading accuracy, and packing speed. And because they are modular and scalable, they can be tailored to businesses of all sizes. 
This, like so many other automated line solutions, contributes to reducing food waste and increasing profit. When packhouses decide to invest in such solutions, they quickly find it’s a wise move. And when the provider of those solutions is TOMRA - which combines global R&D power with a local presence and customer-centric mindset - packhouses can rest assured they will receive the operational training and technical support to ensure these machines achieve optimum performance with minimum downtime.

https://www.freshfruitportal.com/news/2023/03/20/how-end-to-end-line-solutions-for-cherry-packhouses-are-improving-efficiencies-and-profitability
Rect Angel
23.03.2023 kl 22:07 7724

Nordic experience with green economic development in Vietnam

Ha Huong
INTERNATIONAL 3/23/2023 21:27 

Representatives of Northern European countries shared green economic solutions with Vietnam

On the occasion of the Nordic Day 2023, March 23, Embassy of Northern European Countries in Vietnam ( Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden ) have collaborated with Ho Chi Minh National Political Academy to organize the talks "Green solution for circulating economy and waste management: Nordic experience and policy implications for Vietnam". The event aims to provide a panoramic view of the policies, initiatives and innovative solutions of Nordic countries in the process. convert green, which can be appropriate and applicable in Vietnam in waste removal and pollution reduction, product circulation and natural regeneration.

Nordic countries known for their strong environmental and cyclic commitments, are leading the way in green innovation, The talks facilitate Vietnamese organizations and companies operating in this area to learn from the Nordic model, promote growth and contribute to the 2030 Agenda, the Paris Agreement as well as achieve a green and comprehensive recovery after the Covid-19 pandemic.
Sharing the role of the private sector in promoting green innovation solutions, Norwegian Ambassador to Vietnam Hilde Solbakken said, in Northern Europe, Innovative private sector solutions can lead to significant improvements in waste management processes and plastic pollution reduction. "We believe when Goverment There are appropriate regulations and incentives, we can unleash the potential of the private sector to accelerate the green transition" - Norwegian ambassador to Vietnam information.
At the talks, representatives of a number of Nordic organizations and companies such as Re:source and Elextrolux ( Sweden ), Finnish Innovation Fund Sitra, Valmet ( Finland ), SINTEF, TOMRA ( Norway) and Gehl Architects ( Denmark), etc. discussed their circulating business model along with commitments to increase recycling, Minimize waste and carbon emissions during operation.

https://congthuong.vn/kinh-nghiem-cua-bac-au-voi-phat-trien-kinh-te-xanh-o-viet-nam-247522.html

TOMRA FOOD shares its expertise in the World Waterfall Congress

March 23, 2023

TOMRA Food will have a leading role in the World Waterfall Congress, an international event to be held next month in New Zealand ( The Aotea Center, Auckland, April 2-5 ). 

TOMRA Food, main sponsor of the Congress, will organize before the Congress an event of networking at its Auckland facility and an Innovation Breakfast, which will include a presentation on artificial intelligence at the Aotea Center. In addition, TOMRA will offer a demonstration of its latest developments in post-harvest technology and will present an academic article on measurement methods to improve product quality.

The tenth edition of the World Waterfall Congress revolves around the theme « Respectful: respect for people, respect for the environment and respect for our future ». These values are fully harmonized with TOMRA's vision of leading the resource revolution by making every resource count. 

Congress is expected to attract some 1,500 specialists ( farmers, packers, retailers, importers, academics, and representatives of industry associations ) from more than 30 countries. The four-day event will feature an exhibition, a trade fair and academic sessions in which knowledge on issues and trends affecting the sector will be shared. 

During the weekend before Congress, Participants will have the opportunity to visit part of North Island ( New Zealand ) to see how packaging plants work there and to speak to their owners and operators.

https://www.portalfruticola.com/noticias/2023/03/23/tomra-food-comparte-su-expertise-en-el-congreso-mundial-del-aguacate/

Waste Expo 2023: Why collaboration is key

LISA KORYCK
I7 hours ago

In the lead-up to Waste Expo Australia 2023, Victorian Waste Management Association Executive Officer Brett Lemin outlines why collaboration within waste and resource recovery is more important than ever. 
Caroline Nguyen, Tomra Marketing Executive, believes one of the keys to success at the expo is being able to demonstrate the technology on show and engage with the audience.

A leading provider of reverse vending machines for container deposit schemes, Tomra is a long-time advocate of the expo both as an exhibitor and participant in industry sessions.

In 2022, Tomra’s charity partnership manager and business development manager both attended the expo to share the successes of the New South Wales container deposit scheme and how that could be replicated within Victoria.

Caroline says allowing people to see the technology in use and try it themselves is important. 

https://wastemanagementreview.com.au/waste-expo-2023-why-collaboration-is-key/

Resources Top 5: Gold sentiment sparks fly and ‘exceptional’ cobalt finds in Norway

Here are the biggest small cap resources winners in morning trade, Thursday March 23.

Mining
9 hours ago | Jessica Cummins
SKY METALS (ASX:SKY)

(Up on no news)

This explorer is focused on the Tallebung and Doradilla projects in New South Wales with exposure to commodities such as gold, copper, and tin.

SKY revealed a maiden JORC Inferred mineral resource estimate for Tallebung on Wednesday estimated at 10.2Mt at 0.18% tin for 18.4kt of contained tin for a 0.10% cut-off grade.

An exploration target of roughly 16–21Mt at a grade ranging between 0.16–0.20% tin was also defined from drilling completed to date, demonstrating the opportunity for potential growth.

“This maiden mineral resource estimate and exploration target, in combination with the more than tripling of grade achieved with the upfront TOMRA XRT ore sorting, combine to show what an excellent opportunity SKY is developing at Tallebung,” SKY CEO Oliver Davies says.

“SKY has also shown the tin mineralisation is very amenable to simple and cost-effective gravity concentration to a saleable +60% tin concentrate.”

The company aims grow the resource even further with additional drilling over the coming months.

https://stockhead.com.au/resources/resources-top-5-gold-sentiment-sparks-fly-and-exceptional-cobalt-finds-in-norway/
Rect Angel
26.03.2023 kl 21:43 7691

Pantesystem Skottland. Mer å lese hvis man åpner linker.

Scotland’s DRS will mean cleaner streets and communities

Saturday March 25th 2023

Lorna Slater, Scottish Minister for Green Skills, Circular Economy and Biodiversity, Lothian MSP and Scottish Greens co-leader writes her monthly column for Midlothian View.

It has been 20 years since I first arrived in Scotland. I was instantly struck by the beauty of our landscapes and the character of our towns and cities.

I quickly fell in love with this fantastic country, the community I found here, and the incredible natural environments that make Scotland so special.

Yet, even the most iconic parks and beaches are so often blighted by waste and rubbish. Broken glass and plastic bottles are all too common, even in our most wonderful beauty spots.

It’s one reason why Scotland’s Deposit Return Scheme is so important to me, and why we are determined to deliver it.

This scheme will be good for Scotland, for the beauty of our communities, for our natural environments, and for our climate goals.

The Scheme, which will go live on August 16, is very simple. We will pay a 20p deposit when buying drinks in cans or bottles. We will then get the 20p back when we return them to one of the thousands of drop-off points that will be available.

That’s why, as we get closer to the launch date, I’ve been imagining the empty cans I see littered across our streets and parks are 20p pieces waiting to be picked up.

We know that deposit return systems are extremely effective at reducing waste and improving the quality of recycled materials. They have been tried many times already – with over 40 in operation today across Europe and beyond.

This is evidenced by successful schemes in place around the world which have boasted massive hikes in recycling rates, significant reductions in litter, and recycled materials that are actually safe for reuse.

https://www.midlothianview.com/news/scotlands-drs-will-mean-cleaner-streets-and-communities

Deposit return scheme Scotland: Irn-Bru maker AG Barr and Coca Cola urge next First Minister to make DRS 'top priority'

Soft drinks giants including Coca-Cola and the makers of Irn Bru have joined together to urge Scotland’s next first minister to make introducing deposit return a “top priority”.

By Katrine Bussey

Published 26th Mar 2023, 09:06 BST
Updated 26th Mar 2023, 09:06 BST

The British Soft Drinks Association (BSDA), whose members include Coca- Cola, AG Barr, PepsiCo and Britvic Soft Drinks amongst others, issued a statement ahead of Scotland’s new first minister coming into office.

The three candidates all hoping to succeed Nicola Sturgeon have already raised concerns about the initiative, with finance secretary Kate Forbes saying some firms feared “economic carnage” if the deposit return scheme (DRS) comes in in August as planned.

Meanwhile former Scottish Government minister Ash Regan has called for the scheme to be paused, while health secretary Humza Yousaf – the third candidate running for the post – has promised he would have a grace period for small firms.

However, Roger White, the chief executive of AG Barr – the makers of Irn-Bru – warned against delaying the introduction of the scheme. He said: “Scotland’s DRS delivers for the environment, society and industry and to delay it now would be to the detriment of all those things.”

The scheme will see shoppers charged a 20p deposit when buying drinks in a can or bottle from August 16, with this money refunded when the empty containers are returned.

https://www.scotsman.com/business/consumer/deposit-return-scheme-scotland-irn-bru-maker-ag-barr-and-coca-cola-urge-next-first-minister-to-make-drs-top-priority-4079727
Redigert 26.03.2023 kl 21:44 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
27.03.2023 kl 22:25 7578

Mer å lese i alle 3 artikler hvis man åoner linker og oversetter.

PROCESSED POTATOES, THE TOMRA SOLUTIONS FOR THE MARKET

Published on March 27, 2023

Reducing food waste is one of the most important goals of this generation. Processors, retailers and consumers are increasingly attentive to the origin of food and expect food companies to adopt sustainable commercial practices.

Fortunately, most of the product losses that occur during potato peeling are avoidable and this not only increases the use of the product, but it also allows processors to have higher quality processed potatoes.

Another important sustainability problem is the use of energy in production and related greenhouse gas emissions. By increasing the yield of each raw material that enters the production process, companies can operate in less time to obtain the same production required, thus saving on energy costs and on the use of water. The good news is that automated solutions are available to address these problems. Solutions that respect the environment and are at the same time commercially efficient improve the ecological credentials of the processing companies, while preventing waste from affecting profits.
The battle continues to reduce waste

Today about ’ 85% of the world's fries are processed with TOMRA equipment, helping companies save millions of dollars in waste. The path that led to this success has been built in 50 years of research, development and innovation.

http://www.corriereortofrutticolo.it/2023/03/27/patate-trasformate-le-soluzioni-di-tomra-per-il-mercato/

From this week you pay an extra fifteen cents for a can of ( but you get it back, if it is good )

Kick or press cans? It is better not to do that from now on. That is, if you want to receive a deposit. Because the copies you buy from April 1 can finally enter the machine. You get 15 cents in return.

Thomas van der Kolk, Arnoud Heins Mar 27. 2023 Last update: 13:10

If it were up to State Secretary for Infrastructure and Water Management Vivianne Heijnen, the system would have been introduced on January 1 this year. She has finished the increased number of cans that end up on the street as litter. However, due to technical difficulties and a lack of machines to squeeze the cans, the Council of State ruled that the introduction should be postponed to April 1.

On behalf of the can producers, the Waste Fund Packaging Foundation had objected to the original deadline of 1 January. Producers and importers are now also ready for it. "Those three months were really necessary to get it done ’ ’, says spokesperson Miranda Boer. ,,Partly due to the shortage of raw materials, lack of manpower and too little import from China by corona, we were unable to get the ICT systems ready in time. Now we are ready. ’ ’

Tin pressed together

Tomra Systems in Apeldoorn, supplier of deposit machines, responded at the time relieved at the delay. Like Boer, director René Hissink expects that it will all work now, although the system is not yet 100 percent effective.

,,All machines that were already there are in principle already suitable for also supplying cans. It is only necessary to ensure that the machine can read the barcodes. But to make the system efficient, the can behind the scenes must also be compressed. That does not work everywhere."

However, this is not going to cause major problems, Hissink expects. “It may provide some extra work for some supermarkets. But you always have that with a new system anyway, because companies will have to get used to it. ’’

https://www.tubantia.nl/binnenland/vanaf-deze-week-betaal-je-vijftien-cent-extra-voor-een-blikje-maar-je-krijgt-het-weer-terug-als-het-goed-is~a4fb12ae/?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.no%2F

Exceeds demand to the supply of recycled plastic: TOMRA

Mar 26, 2023  admin 
Industry, Plastics  

However, using new technologies in the collection, classification and recycling of reus plastics, this industry faces a major challenge: more investment is required to produce recycled resins, since there is a large amount of demand for the product. This diagnosis made by the Norwegian company TOMRA is accompanied by another reality: recycling rates and their quality are low .

MEXICO CITY ( 03/26/2023 ) .-The plastic recycling industry in the world has matured its infrastructures from collection, classification and recycling; still, the available capacity is not yet kept pace with the growing demand for recycled resins, so more investment is needed to produce the volumes and qualities required. The reality is that even though there is enough plastic on the market and supply is scarce, recycling rates and quality are low.

The Norwegian company reached this conclusion TOMRA Recycling Sorting after a rigorous diagnosis on the situation of resin production from recycled plastic. And warned that this manufacturing segment “ is in transition and faces a number of challenges, of which the most prominent is the availability of high-quality, high-quality, high-volume secondary raw materials large enough to meet the ever-growing demand ”.

TOMRA, founded on an innovation in 1972 that started with the design, manufacture and sale of packaging return machines ( RVM ) for automatic collection, He pointed out that in recent decades, plastic production rates “ have soared without precedent ”.

With the use of data from Plastics Europe, revealed that world plastic production reached the 390.7 million metric tons in 2021, of which 352.3 MT are virgin raw material ( 90.2% ) and only 32.5 MT ( 8.3% ) of recycled plastics post consumption.

He suggested adopting the latest technological advance in the classification of flakes ( material obtained from the recycling of plastic bottles ) to “ close the gap between supply and demand and provide recyclers a competitive advantage in efficiency and profitability. One of the important challenges for the industry is precisely meeting demand ”.

https://www.vanguardia-industrial.net/supera-la-demanda-a-la-oferta-de-plastico-reciclado-tomra/

Redigert 27.03.2023 kl 22:26 Du må logge inn for å svare
Slettet bruker
27.03.2023 kl 23:01 7628

https://www.nu.nl/economie/6255364/voor-je-statiegeld-mag-het-blikje-wel-gedeukt-zijn-maar-niet-geplet.html
Morsomt med alle kommentarer ( 1105).
De fleste liker det ikke ( selvom ordninger for plastflasker har eksistert en god stund).
Så skal man være klar over at nederlendere kjøper mye flaskeøl, og brus på plastflasker (1,5 milliard) det er mer enn vi gjør her ( i prosenter). Makthavere vil at 2 milliarder ( av 2,5 ) bokser skal resirkuleres.

Jeg vet ikke hvilken andel Tomra har i markedet, men i sør Nederland har jeg ikke sett mye Tomra.
Redigert 28.03.2023 kl 00:05 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
28.03.2023 kl 21:30 7483

Tomra reveals core confectionery sorting machinery for Interpack showcase

Posted: 28 March 2023

The Tomra equipment group has confirmed it is set to place a spotlight on a broad array of its sorting solutions at this year’s Interpack, including systems designed for the confectionery sector, reports Neill Barston.

As the business explained, this also includes applications handling dried fruit, which will play their part in the key industry event taking place between 4-10 May in Dusseldorf, Germany.

Moreover, as the company explained, meeting consumers demands for higher grades of food safety poses a number of challenges. There are a number o factors to consider, including foreign material can get into processing line’s product stream and product can be damaged by both external and internal defects, which can be almost impossible to detect. Yet, these threats must be eliminated to protect processors and retailers from product recalls and reputational damage.

To face the specific nuts & dried fruits challenges, Tomra Food will showcase its advanced optical sorting machines (TOMRA 5C, TOMRA 5B, TOMRA 5X and TOMRA 3C).

Furthermore, the company’s processors can also grade to specification, minimise false rejects, increase removal efficiency, reduce or eliminate the need for manual intervention, help solve the labor problems (scarcity, cost, effectiveness), reduce downtime, and provide data about the product being sorted.

Though its systems have been devised with a high level of technology, comparative ease of use for operators is of strong importance. Consequently, these machines are remotely controllable and easily networked, and some even possess self-learning abilities to continually refine their sorting accuracy. As a result, false rejection rates are low, yields are high, and nut processors are empowered to conquer even the most daunting of operational challenges.

Additionally, Tomra Food’s solution is meeting great success in the confectionary segment for its ability to provide advanced technology for the reliable sorting of sweets. Product colour and structure is checked by laser scanners.

In addition, the scanners identify contaminated products or foreign objects that are not visible to the naked eye. When augmented by an Advanced Foreign Material Detector (AFMD), sorting can be supplemented to include product-specific properties. TOMRA has developed special high-resolution cameras for optical food sorting on the basis of color and outline. A further module for shape recognition ensures that, through scanning, individual products comply with the desired dimensions and shapes.

https://www.confectioneryproduction.com/news/43514/tomra-reveals-core-confectionery-sorting-machinery-for-interpack-showcase/
Rect Angel
29.03.2023 kl 22:18 7270

The deposit system in Poland – a step towards a clean environment and an opportunity for retailers

Author: Editors
Mar 29, 2023

Poland is preparing to introduce a deposit system that is a response to the European Union directive – Single Use Plastic ( SUP ) „ plastic directive ”. Another version of the bill published in the Government Legislation Center indicates that the implementation of the solution is getting closer. The assumption is to introduce a deposit for plastic packaging. Shops over 200 sq m are to be covered, and the maximum deposit is to be up to PLN 2 per item. Ecologists and representatives of the beverage industry are also fighting for the adoption of the act on the deposit system as soon as possible. The project, developed by the Ministry of Climate and Environment, has been waiting for further proceedings in the Chancellery of the Prime Minister and referral to the Sejm for three months. Will the deposit system make customers return to stationary purchases on the same scale as before the pandemic collapse in trade? The advantages of the project are presented by Exorigo-Upos experts.

The most important assumptions

According to the draft act published in September 2022, plastic packaging after beverages, which is defined by the European Commission's recommendation to the SUP directive, issued on May 31, 2021, will be bailed. More specifically, it is about plastic bottles up to 3l, reusable glass bottles up to 1.5l and aluminum cans up to 1l. Shops from 200 sq m will be obliged to participate in the program. Other commercial entities will be required to at least collect a deposit. Its maximum amount according to the bill is to be PLN 2 for one bottle. In addition, the system provides for the lack of the need to have a receipt confirming the purchase of drinks in returnable packaging, which is confirmed by materials published by the Ministry of Climate and the Environment. Therefore, it can be expected that due to the guidelines for the area of branches, in large-scale stores such as discount stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets, appropriate vending machines for returning used packaging will appear.

https://managerplus.pl/system-kaucyjny-w-polsce-krok-w-kierunku-czystego-srodowiska-i-okazja-dla-retailerow-55009

Til nå kun kun pant på plastflasker i Nederland, men fra 1.april 2023 innlemmes også bokser i det nederlandske pantesystemet.

Deposit on coke can: 'Hey, there is 15 cents on the roadside'

Yesterday, 7:08 PM•2 minutes of reading time

APELDOORN - Are we going to find fewer cans on the roadside or on the street due to a change of deposit on a can? The future will tell. But we can now throw a can in the vending machines in the supermarket. And those machines are made in Apeldoorn, at Tomra Systems. 90 percent of Gelderland supermarkets will collect tinplate. Each can will soon be worth 15 cents.

Rene Hissink is director of Tomra. He says: “ We now have one and a half billion bottles with a deposit on them. 2.5 billion cans are added. 15 cents of deposit is levied on this and you can hand it in to the machines that the consumer knows. ”

Tin or PET bottle, the device is all fine with it. At least, if you want the 15 cents back, it is best to keep the can of cola, energy drink or cassis whole. The barcode must be legible. The machine spits out a dented can.

"The can is compressed and can be reused ”, says Hissink. "The cans consist of aluminum or steel. You can use both raw materials well in the circular economy. For 100 percent. ”

Circular economy: no more waste

In a circular economy, materials and products are reused for as long as possible. Waste no longer exists and raw materials are used again and again. “ The big advantage of the can by the machine ”, says Hissink, “ is that a can does not end up in the environment. This is very important, but so is the reuse of the material. ”

https://www.gld.nl/nieuws/7910235/statiegeld-op-colablikje-he-daar-ligt-15-cent-in-de-berm

CMX Gold & Silver : News Release re Ore-Sorting Completed - Assays Pending...

https://m.marketscreener.com/quote/stock/CMX-GOLD-SILVER-CORP-33624628/news/CMX-Gold-Silver-News-Release-re-Ore-Sorting-Completed-Assays-Pending-23MAR28-43361925/
Rect Angel
30.03.2023 kl 21:59 7169

Frozen vegetable producer Douyuan Food Co. increases capacity and product quality with TOMRA sorters

By Staff Reporter
March 30, 2023

Processing many different types of frozen vegetables, this Chinese business has doubled efficiency and increased productivity by adopting two optical sorters, including the laser-equipped TOMRA 5B.

Douyuan Food Co. is a successful vegetable processor whose operations integrate research, development, production, and sales. Established in 2000 and now a major player in the agriculture industry in ‘China’s Shandong Province, the company first switched from sorting processed vegetables manually to mechanically in 2014.

Appreciating the advanced capabilities of its automated optical sorting machine from TOMRA Food – and the operational advantages and economic benefits this brings – Douyuan Food Co. recently invested in a second TOMRA sorter to expand production capacity. Both Douyuan and TOMRA are committed to long-term cooperation.
Zhao Piyou, President Douyuan Food Co., commented: “TOMRA’s equipment has obvious advantages in vegetable sorting, achieving large output and clean removal of foreign materials. The TOMRA 5 B’s advanced design is also in line with food industry hygiene standards and is easy to clean.
Zhao Piyoui said: “TOMRA only provides us with sophisticated and consistent sorting solutions and fast and professional technical support – but more importantly, TOMRA values our demands and customizes solutions that address our current challenges while also meeting our future plans.”

https://farmersreviewafrica.com/frozen-vegetable-producer-douyuan-food-co-increases-capacity-and-product-quality-with-tomra-sorters/

Demand for aluminum and plastic will grow in industries in Querétaro

Stephanie Gonzalez | 03-29-2023

Julio Cesar Barrientos, sales director of the transnational TOMRA Recycling Sorting in Mexico and Latin America, declared that our country and regions such as the Bajío have evolved betting on new technologies that support the recycling of metals and other products.

He exemplified that the country has the largest recycling plant in the world for plastics in the State of Mexico , as well as various metal recyclers in the bajio and north of the country.

In terms of industrial parks in the Bajío region , he noted that the technologies and machinery must be very adaptable and even be advisors for the recovery of urban and industrial waste; both in the markets of plastics, metal, urban waste, etc.

"We have large clients in the shoal - for which names are not given due to industrial secrecy - there is a boom in plastic and its recycling, since it has a new value and is essential in the industry in sectors such as logistics and the medical sector."

He added that they have metal works in the lowlands, in the automotive and aeronautical sectors in regions such as Querétaro. "This reality allows double-digit growth in the placement of new technologies in this region of the country."

"In the case of Querétaro, we have to highlight that the need for aluminum and plastics treated based on recycling is growing a lot in its plants in the automotive sectors that demand these elements a lot and that a great investment and work is needed to be recycled" said the business manager.

It is worth mentioning that this company is a pioneer in applications and its technologies are derived from an investment of 8 percent of its profits in research and development.

According to INEGI, the percentage of circularity in its economy and recycled products in Mexico is 15.14 percent and, to increase this figure, the management of the 102,895 tons of solid urban waste that is generated daily must be a priority, given that only 83.93 percent is collected and of them, only 9.63 percent is recycled.

However, the national recycling market is worth more than 3 billion dollars and is made up, to date, of 4,528 recycling companies, 284 that reuse, 121 that recover and 71 that reduce and repair, which represents an encouraging outlook for the increase of a circular model in the country.

For this reason, the company TOMRA Recycling Sorting, said that it discloses the importance of using new technology for the recycling of metals and other items in large generation sites such as industrial parks.

He exemplified the Autosort technology case to show his multifunctional sorting system capable of recovering a wide spectrum of valuable fragments from different waste streams.

Autosort combines cutting-edge technologies to achieve unparalleled levels of performance and purity. It incorporates a future-proof solution that can be adapted to meet the changing needs of businesses and end markets with cutting-edge technologies such as deep learning, and lasers plus NIR and VIS technology to further enhance your sorting capabilities.

Among the elements to be recycled with great force are metals, such as aluminum, one of the recycling materials in Mexico that is reused. The 788,981 tons of electronic waste generated correspond to metals such as copper, iron, gold, and silver, whose recovery represents an economic potential of more than 1,300 million pesos.

The annual production of aluminum in Mexico is 1.5 million metric tons, which represents 1.6 percent of world manufacturing, which is estimated at 92 million metric tons each year, according to data from the United States Confederation of Industrial Chambers. Mexicans (Concamin).

https://amqueretaro.com/queretaro/2023/03/29/crece-demanda-de-uso-de-elementos-reciclados-en-el-bajio/
Rect Angel
02.04.2023 kl 21:45 6806

I går, 1.april, satte altså nederlenderne igang med også å pante bokser. Frem til nå har pantesystemet i Nederland kun omfattet plastflasker. Først store, så små og nå altså også bokser.

The Netherlands expands national deposit return system to include aluminium and steel beverage cans

31 MARCH 2023

From tomorrow, the Netherlands’ national deposit return system for the recycling of beverage containers will accept aluminium and steel cans in a bid to further stimulate a circular economy, TOMRA reports.

Since July 2022, the system has accepted small plastic bottles in an expansion of its original compatibility with large plastic bottles. Even so, Bright Vibes has estimated that 150 million beverage cans leak into the Dutch environment every year, with the pollution rates of aluminium cans said to have raised by 27% in 2020.

As such, the deposit return system, operated by Statiegeld Nederland, is expanding its capabilities to include all metal beverage containers of up to three litres in capacity from 1st April 2023. Consumers can pay an additional deposit of €0.15 when purchasing an eligible drink and will receive it as a refund when they return the packaging to a reverse vending machine at a collection point.

https://packagingeurope.com/the-netherlands-expands-national-deposit-return-system-to-include-aluminium-and-steel-beverage-cans/9618.article

IMPORTANT PHOTOSER. Lonely cans

Deposit on cans, from today. 

https://www.geenstijl.nl/5169861/belangrijke-fotoserie-eenzame-blikjes/

Sortering av tekstiler.

The challenge of sorting and recycling textiles

By Recycling Product News Staff
March 31, 2023
Automated sorting: the path to a textile circular economy 

STADLER is researching automated sensor-based solutions for textile sorting. In 2017, in partnership with TOMRA, it designed and built a small pilot project plant in Avesta, Sweden, in the second phase of the government-funded Swedish Innovation Platform for Textile Sorting (SIPTex) project, which aims to develop a sorting solution tailored to the needs of textile recyclers and the garment industry. This was followed in 2020 with the third phase of the project which is capable of achieving the purity and recovery required for recycling and reutilization. 

This facility, located in Malmö, processes pre-consumer waste from textile producers (clippings and rejects) and post-consumer waste, which consists of clothing and household textiles, and may contain non-textile parts such as buttons and zippers. The material is delivered in bales weighing from 350 to 500 kilograms and is sorted whole. The plant has the capacity to process up to 4.5 tonnes/hour in one line. 

The textile sorting process

The process developed by STADLER, with the cooperation of TOMRA in the SIPTex project, starts with the waste textiles entering the plant in batches, dosed, and fed by conveyor belts into four sensor-based TOMRA AUTOSORT units. 

"Because of the nature of the textile material fed into the plant, the feeding system and dosing are very important to the success of the sorting process," explains Dr. Bastian Küppers, engineer for digital business development at STADLER. "The STADLER dosing drum features mechanical components specially designed to handle the soft, flexible textile materials, of various shapes and unpredictable sizes, prone to tangling. Similarly, the design and layout of the conveyor belts, hoppers, and chutes need to be designed to avoid tangling of long pieces of fabric."

The TOMRA NIR (near infrared) sorting technology is also key to the process and capable of recognizing and differentiating various types of textiles in a first step. A second optical sorter is added for further cleaning of impurities. 

Towards a textile circular economy

As the textile industry is moving towards a circular economy, driven by public opinion and legislation, the demand for textile sorting equipment is set to grow at an accelerated pace. STADLER has already seen an increase in textile sorting plant interest and has been approached by companies in the recycling sector. "At STADLER we are seeing many interested parties who would like to visit the textile sorting plant we designed and built in Malmö," comments Annika Ludes.

STADLER brings its experience to the table in the design and construction of sorting plants it has acquired through the SIPTex project, as well as the expertise of its technology partners such as TOMRA. With its approach, it is able to develop solutions tailored to the requirements of individual recyclers.

https://www.recyclingproductnews.com/article/40106/the-challenge-of-sorting-and-recycling-textiles

Økende automatisering innen matvareproduksjonen. Betraktninger fra Tomra hvis man åpner link og leser artikkel.

Towards increasingly automated production

In times when the demand for healthy foods increases, produce fruits and vegetables facing labor shortages and their rising cost, in the most efficient way, is the challenge. The incorporation of technology and robotics at different points in the production chain, and its development towards solving new needs every time, become great allies to achieve it...

By Agrositio. 03/31/2023 | 10:03

https://www.agrositio.com.ar/noticia/228258-hacia-una-produccion-cada-vez-mas-automatizada

https://www.agrositio.com.ar/noticia/228258-hacia-una-produccion-cada-vez-mas-automatizada
Rect Angel
03.04.2023 kl 22:05 6767

TOMRA Talks Nuts

TOMRA and Borrell analyze in Alicante the situation of the almond and pistachio sector

04/03/2023

The first TOMRA Talks Nuts was held at the Hotel La Sella Golf Resort ( Denia, Alicante ) and brought together a wide representation of the nuts sector, mainly from almond and pistachio. The program hosted talks, presentations and demonstrations at the factory of Borrell, official agent of TOMRA Food for nuts in Spain and Portugal for 12 years.

“ For us, this TOMRA Talks has definitely been a round act. We have worked on it for more than 4 months and with Borrell's unbeatable help we have exceeded our expectations. The companies showed a lot of interest from the beginning and in total we have managed to gather more than 65 people together with 12 of our team ”, says Alejandro Palacios, Regional Director of Sales for Southern Europe at TOMRA Processed Food, part of TOMRA Food.

For his part, Charles Boddy, Director of Sales at Borrell, highlights the numerous added values of this type of event: “ There are many advantages that make these types of events worthwhile: they allow end customers, both TOMRA and Borrell, to feel closer to us; it is also a way of thanking you for your loyalty; it undoubtedly delves into the technical aspect and the comprehensive solutions we offer; and of course, It is a unique opportunity for all customers from the same sector to meet in the same place. All this enhances the union of TOMRA and Borrell. Together we put a quality seal ”.

“ The entire sector was represented in this act and we have large companies in the almond, pistachio, carob and tigernut sector that shared experiences and ways of working ”, says Alejandro Palacios.

https://www.interempresas.net/Horticola/Articulos/471725-TOMRA-y-Borrell-analizan-en-Alicante-la-situacion-del-sector-de-almendro-y-pistacho.html

News

April 3, 2023

Netherlands introduces deposit return system for beverage cans

Aluminum and steel drink cans’ collection points include supermarkets and staffed petrol stations.

Reverse vending machines provider TOMRA has announced the expansion of the Netherlands’ existing deposit return scheme.

https://www.packaging-gateway.com/news/netherlands-deposit-return-beverage-cans/
Rect Angel
04.04.2023 kl 22:56 6525

News, Technology

Tomra Mining streamlines data

TIMOTHY BOND 3 hours ago

Tomra Mining has released a new e-book detailing how mining companies can efficiently produce high-quality products with maximum control and minimum waste.  

The benefits of data-driven quality control, which is free to download, details how mining operations can benefit from using connected sorters such as Tomra Insight is a cloud-based platform which offers users a single secure, near real-time monitoring program for every sorting line wherever and whenever its needed.  

Tomra Insight is available to Tomra Mining machine users through a subscription-based service. 

Tomra Mining has designed and manufactured sensor-based sorting technologies for the global mineral processing and mining industries for over 50 years. According to the company, its book will help to guide mining operators in gathering and monitoring relevant data from connected devices to ensure output quality is maximised.  

Tomra Mining said that every sensor within the sorters is a valuable source of information about the products that pass through it.  

“Mining processors are able to continuously monitor and optimise the sorting line’s output quality,” the company said.  

“On-site observation, manual sampling and time-consuming reporting and communication become a thing of the past: the sorter itself provides a constant feed of information based on continuous product sampling on every object.” 

The collected data can be automatically recorded and remotely accessible on any electronic device. The information can also be streamlined and shared among various people on a site, making it easier for workers to collaborate on the work.  

“A modern sorting data platform can be a powerful quality-management tool by turning the data into actionable information by processing, enriching and visualising it in easy-to-read graphs, creating customised reports and comparisons that provide valuable insights,” Tomra Mining said. 

“All these features enable mineral processors to optimise their decision-making and efficiency, ultimately increasing the profitability of their operation.”  

https://www.australianmining.com.au/tomra-mining-streamlines-data/
Rect Angel
10.04.2023 kl 20:11 6448

Tomra-kunde innen resirkulering ekspanderer i Mexico og Brasil.

Central Mexico PET plant to add third line

Published: April 4, 2023
Updated: April 4, 2023
by Marissa Heffernan

https://resource-recycling.com/plastics/2023/04/04/central-mexico-pet-plant-to-add-third-line/

04/05/2023

Hyundai integrates circular economy hub in Brazil

São Paulo – Hyundai has joined Hub-EC, the Circular Economy Hub Brazil, the first in Latin America that seeks to unite companies from different segments and sizes committed to the circular transition. The company, headquartered in Piracicaba, SP, is the first in the automotive sector to be part of the hub, which has members such as Gerdau, Electrolux, Tomra, Covestro, Plastiweber and Wise Plástico.

https://www.autodata.com.br/curtas-algo-mais/2023/04/05/hyundai-integra-hub-de-economia-circular-no-brasil/53960/

POLLUTION SOLUTIONS

4 Smart Waste Management Solutions That Are Revolutionising the Industry

CRISIS - POLLUTION CRISES BY SUCHITA DEY GLOBAL COMMONS APR 6TH 2023
7 MINS
The Louisville, Colorado-based company Amp Robotics is creating gear and software that uses image analysis to sort recyclables with far higher accuracy and recovery rates than common for conventional systems. 

Similar efforts are being made by Bulk Handling Systems, Machinex, and Tomra as well as other businesses to automate recycling processes using AI and robots. There are currently hundreds of waste-sorting facilities using the technology all around the world. By preventing recyclables from ending up in landfills and making them easier to reprocess and reuse, expanding their use will reduce waste and benefit the environment.

https://earth.org/smart-waste-management/

Industry: EU targets for packaging recycling are „ major challenge “

From: Valentina Romano | EURACTIV.com | translated by Luka Krauss
April 6 2023
Waste collection and sorting is currently still inconsistent in the EU and significant investments are needed to expand the infrastructure, said Wolfgang Ringel of TOMRA, a Norwegian collection and recycling company.

„ We have some really large sorting systems, but we also have smaller ones that do not have the capacity to deliver the required result, so that's a big challenge “, says Ringel.

https://www.euractiv.de/section/energie-und-umwelt/news/industrie-eu-ziele-fuer-verpackungsrecycling-seien-grosse-herausforderung/

Til slutt i kveld, litt feelgood.

Bottle drive will support Honor Flight

by Jason Gabak
April 7, 2023

DESTINY USA is teaming up with TOMRA, one of the world’s most accomplished bottle and can recyclers, to launch a massive bottle and can drive the weekend of April 15 and 16, benefiting Honor Flight Syracuse and the veterans it proudly honors throughout Central New York.

The funds raised will support Honor Flight Syracuse and its ongoing mission to fly as many Central New York veterans as possible at no cost to Washington, DC to experience the war memorials built in honor of them and their service.

DESTINY USA is hosting the big bottle and can drop-off weekend, Saturday, April 15 and Sunday, April 16, from 9 to 5 p.m. each day, with easy access and drop off in their parking lot at the corner of Solar Street and Hiawatha Boulevard. All individuals donating bottles and cans on these days will receive a Destiny USA Passport of Savings, full of exclusive savings, deals and discounts to use at participating shopping, dining and entertainment venues.

“By the simple task collecting bottles and cans and bringing them to our collection site on drop-off day, you will help support Honor Flight Syracuse and veterans throughout our region,” said Stephen Nee, recently retired executive vice president, TOMRA. “We’re so incredibly grateful to all of our employees and our customers for helping us in these efforts, which remains very personal to me and is such an important endeavor on so many levels.”

“Nothing is more important than showing our deep appreciation for the service and sacrifice of the veterans we serve throughout Central New York,” said Kevin Bradley, president of Honor Flight Syracuse. “We are so honored and grateful to have TOMRA and Destiny USA support our efforts in raising awareness and donations for Honor Flight Syracuse and our veterans, as we  continue our mission of flying them to Washington, DC to receive the honor and recognition they so rightfully deserve.”

If you can’t make it to DESTINY USA to donate your bottles and cans, TOMRA will accept them  through Monday, April 17 at its various Bottle and Can Retrieval Centers in the Syracuse area, including those located at: 6222 Thompson Road, Syracuse, 2204 Brewerton Road, Syracuse, 6194 Route 31 Unit 2, Cicero, 224 Chapel Drive, Syracuse, 1833 Teal Ave., Syracuse and 202 W. Seneca, Manlius

https://eaglenewsonline.com/new/2023/04/07/bottle-drive-will-support-honor-flight/
Redigert 10.04.2023 kl 20:12 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
11.04.2023 kl 22:01 6408

Protofanousi chooses Icoel-Tomra technologies

A single plant to differentiate the kiwi offer

April 11, 2023

PROTOPHANOUSI FRUIT SA, better known as PROTO, is a leading historical reality in Greece and throughout Europe with the primacy for the largest European kiwi production that this year has chosen the combination ICOEL- TOMRA to renew its production line.

“ We found ourselves in the position where we needed to update our infrastructure to keep us in line with our customers' requests, offering them the best quality they are used to when choosing PROTO ” products.

So Nick Pardalis, Quality Ensurance Manager of Protofanousi Fruit SA commented on the choice to invest in a new fully automated kiwi plant, based on the latest technologies for calibrating and packaging fruit. He goes on to explain: “we decided to pack our fruits immediately, working live and having the possibility of pre-calibrating at the same time. ICOEL is TOMRA they gave us the opportunity to use this hybrid packaging system that allows us to satisfy the multiple requests of consumers and pre-calibrate the unsolicited product at that time ”.

The main objective of the project was to ensure a system as flexible as it is delicate, without however compromising the processing speed; therefore, the system was designed with 2 independent power supplies connected to a calibrator TOMRA 12 channels.

Taking advantage of SPECTRIM technology for the most specific classification of fruit and the versatility of the multipack packaging bench, the latest technology born in the ICOEL house, capable of adapting quickly to production changes, the season is being better addressed, achieving the goal of facilitating and speeding up packaging for an increasingly heterogeneous and demanding audience of customers.
Pardalis concluded by stressing that ICOEL and TOMRA made the difference, which gave PROTO technicians the opportunity to have full knowledge of the strengths of the new automation so as to make the most of its advantages.

Attention to customer needs was considered by the company as a great added value that opened the doors to new collaborations.

Source: PROTOPANOUSI FRUIT SA press office

https://www.italiafruit.net/protofanousi-sceglie-le-tecnologie-icoel-tomra
Rect Angel
12.04.2023 kl 22:10 6224

WASTE WOOD
ECONOMY & MARKETS

Tomra presents wood sorting solutions at Ligna

At LIGNA 2023, the provider of wood sorting solutions will be presenting its new sorting solutions for processing waste wood based on X-ray technology and deep learning.

April 12, 2023

In view of the efforts of the industry to increase the use of recycled material in the production of wood-based materials and to improve cost efficiency, the recycling of wood waste is becoming increasingly important. High-precision sorting processes provide access to recyclable materials and enable a circular economy for wood. Various cleaning steps are of crucial importance for the quality of the end product and the amount of recycled material that contains new wood products.

Tomra Recycling Sorting has been in the timber industry for more than a decade. In recent years, Tomra has introduced a new sorting solution based on deep learning and has continuously optimized its sorting machine based on X-ray transmission technology in order to best meet the needs of the market. At LIGNA, Tomra will present the advantages of its complete solution for wood sorting both at its stand and on stage.

https://www.recyclingmagazin.de/2023/04/12/tomra-praesentiert-holzsortierloesungen-auf-der-ligna/

Textile Recycling: The Sorting Challenge

April 11, 2023
TW Special Report
Automated sorting: the path to a textile circular economy

STADLER — a supplier of sorting plants for the recycling industry — is researching automated sensor-based solutions for textile sorting. In 2017, in partnership with TOMRA, it has designed and built a small pilot project plant in Avesta, Sweden, in the second phase of the government-funded Swedish Innovation Platform for Textile Sorting (SIPTex) project, which aims to develop a sorting solution tailored to the needs of textile recyclers and the garment industry. This was followed in 2020 with the third phase of the project: the first industrial-scale fully automated mixed textile waste plant in the world, which is capable of achieving the purity and recovery required for recycling and reutilization.

This facility, located in Malmö, processes preconsumer waste from textile producers (clippings and rejects) and post-consumer waste, which consists of clothing and household textiles, and may contain non-textile parts such as buttons and zippers. The material is delivered in bales weighting from 350 to 500 kg and is sorted whole. The plant has the capacity to process up to 4.5 metric tons per hour in one line.

The textile sorting process

The process developed by STADLER with the cooperation of TOMRA in the SIPTex project starts with the waste textiles entering the plant in batches, dosed, fed by conveyor belts into four sensor-based TOMRA AUTOSORT® units.

“Because of the nature of the textile material fed into the plant, the feeding system and dosing are very important to the success of the sorting process,” explains Dr. Bastian Küppers, Engineer for Digital Business Development at STADLER. “The STADLER dosing drum features mechanical components specially designed to handle the soft, flexible textile materials, of various shapes and unpredictable sizes, prone to tangling. Similarly, the design and layout of the conveyor belts, hoppers and chutes need to be designed to avoid tangling of long pieces of fabric.”

The TOMRA NIR (Near Infrared) sorting technology is also key to the process and capable of recognizing and differentiating various types of textiles in a first step. A second optical sorter is added for further cleaning of impurities.

Towards a textile circular economy

As the textile industry is moving towards a circular economy, driven by public opinion and legislation, the demand for textile sorting equipment is set to grow at an accelerated pace. STADLER has already seen an increase in interest for textile sorting plants and has been approached by companies in the recycling sector. “At STADLER we are seeing many interested parties who would like to visit the textile sorting plant we designed and built in Malmö,” comments Annika Ludes.

STADLER is uniquely well placed to meet this new demand, bringing to the table its extensive know-how in the design and construction of sorting plants and the specific experience it has acquired through the SIPTex project, as well as the expertise of its technological partners such as TOMRA. With its holistic approach, it is able to develop complete solutions tailored to the requirements of the individual customers.

https://www.textileworld.com/textile-world/2023/04/textile-recycling-the-sorting-challenge/
Rect Angel
13.04.2023 kl 21:47 6194

The deposit system in Poland is getting closer. An additional fee will include plastic and glass bottles as well as metal cans

April 13, 2023, 13:08

Bartłomiej Ciepielewski

The introduction of a deposit system in Poland is slowly becoming a fact. A fee of 50 groszy will be added to bottles made of glass or plastic, as well as metal cans. Who will be covered by the deposit system and what will it consist of?
What are the advantages of the deposit system?

Experts predict that the introduction of a deposit system will recover about 610,000 tons of own raw materials that can be sold or reused, which is extremely valuable in times of market volatility. As WWF points out, the proposed changes are also the only way to achieve the EU target, which assumes that by 2029 the level of collection and recycling of beverage packaging will be 90 percent.
Konrad Worm from TOMRA Collection Polska also emphasizes that the deposit system can make customers go shopping more often. In countries where this solution has been around for years, it has been observed that people returning packaging more in stores also spend.

– Data from other countries where the system operates show that it can increase the number of customer visits to the store. It turns out that 93 percent Swedish users of the deposit system were shopping when returning empty packaging, and 44 percent then made full weekly purchases. The research we conducted identified four countries where buyers and drinkers spent more money on purchases than those who did, who did not return – packaging was handed over by Konrad Robak in an interview with PAP.
The deposit system in Poland will be introduced in 2025. 

https://strefabiznesu.pl/system-kaucyjny-w-polsce-coraz-blizej-dodatkowa-oplata-obejmie-plastikowe-i-szklane-butelki-a-takze-metalowe-puszki/ar/c3-17454107
Rect Angel
14.04.2023 kl 11:34 6125

BREAKING NEWS! Nok en milepæl for dette svært fremtidsrettede selskapet som vi som nasjon bør være meget stolt av.

Pantesystemer vil komme på løpende bånd i stadig flere nasjoner i årevis fremover, med Tomra Collection Solutions i de store hovedrollene.

Med sitt inntoget også i delstaten Victoria, har Tomra Collection Solutions nå 'erobret' hele Australia.

Tid 14.04.2023, 06:32:00
MeldingsID 587591
UtstederID TOM
Marked Oslo Børs

TOMRA Cleanaway appointed Network Operator for Zones 1 and 4 in Victoria's Container Deposit Scheme

The Government of the state of Victoria, Australia, has today announced that TOMRA Cleanaway, a 50/50 joint venture between TOMRA and Cleanaway, has been appointed Network Operator for Zones 1 and 4 (Western Regional Victoria and Western Metropolitan Melbourne) in Victoria's Container Deposit Scheme which is scheduled to commence on 1 November 2023. The scope equates to approximately one third of the state of Victoria in geographic terms.

TOMRA will operate automated collection points, featuring over 400 reverse vending machines that scan and verify each container as it enters the deposit scheme. A range of consumer deposit refund options will be made available - including retail cash, digital transfers direct to bank account and donations to charities or community groups.

"We look forward to being part of the upcoming deposit return system in Victoria and working together with the Victorian community to build a circular economy for beverage containers," says Harald Henriksen, Head of TOMRA Collection. "TOMRA has a strong Australian organization and over 50 years of experience in delivering attractive and reliable return solutions that have been embraced by consumers worldwide."

TOMRA Systems ASA

Asker, 14 April 2023

For further inquiries, please contact:

Eva Sagemo, CFO +47 934 39 911 Daniel Sundahl, VP Head of IR +47 913 61 899

About TOMRA Collection:

TOMRA Collection is part of the TOMRA Group, which creates sensor-based solutions for optimal resource productivity, with a vision to lead the Resource Revolution towards a circular economy. The Group employs approximately 5,000 people globally and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange (OSE: TOM). Visit our global website: www.tomra.com

https://newsweb.oslobors.no/message/587591

Charitable recycling, Circular Economy, container deposit scheme, Glass recycling, News, Resource Recovery, Sustainability, Victoria

Visy, TOMRA Cleanaway, Return-It to operate VIC CDS

LISA KORYCKI
3 hours ago

https://wastemanagementreview.com.au/visy-tomra-cleanaway-return-it-to-operate-vic-cds/
Redigert 14.04.2023 kl 13:13 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
16.04.2023 kl 20:35 6065

Britisk avfallshåndteringselskap med fullt fokus på resirkulering, skal kopiere suksesshistorie i Cumbria ved hjelp av Tomra-teknologi i Middlesborough i Nord-Øst England.

Cumbria Waste Group are investing in the North East

The company wants to lead the way in supporting local businesses and authorities in the region to recycle more of their waste

14:47, 14 APR 2023

Cumbria Waste Group (CWG) has a strong reputation for customer service and partnership working, and wants to bring that level of service to the North East.

CWG provides a total waste management solution, with a focus on recycling. Their service is underpinned by knowledgeable, efficient and friendly staff.

Puddlers Road, Middlesbrough site

In 2022, Cumbria Waste Group expanded its operations to the North East by acquiring Ward Recycling, located at Puddlers Road, Middlesbrough.

After purchasing the material recycling facility, and after considerable investment improving the site, it is now fully commissioned and has been providing recycling services for a number of North East local authorities.

The refurbishment has enabled Cumbria Waste Group to upgrade the sorting technology, and the facility is now capable of processing dry mixed recycling or container mix - glass, cans and plastic - recyclate streams.

The upgrades don’t stop there. Due to further investment in April 2023, Cumbria Waste Group are installing the latest Tomra sorting technology. This will enhance the capability of the plant, help improve the quality of the processed materials and further enable CWG to lead the way in supporting local businesses and local authorities in the North East to recycle more materials from their waste.

Targeted materials for recycling include a wide range of plastics, paper, cardboard, glass and cans, with the material recycling facility capable of producing high-quality segregated materials for end markets.

More than 40 members of staff are employed by CWG at the Puddlers Road site, and most of the team live in the North East, thereby contributing to the local economy.

A CWG representative said: “ We are fully invested in the Puddlers Road site and want to replicate the service we have in Cumbria in the North East. We are proud of our team, our services and our ability to increase recycling rates, which in turn benefits the local community and the environment.”

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/special-features/cumbria-waste-group-investing-north-26628030

Tar med denne notisen om EU-høring vedrørende emballaje og emballasjeavfall for å illustrere Tomras strategiske posisjon.

News archive

Packaging and packaging waste: informal hearings in Commission 4a

April 14, 2023

On Tuesday 18 March at 10.00, the Bureau of the EU Policy Commission has hearings of representatives of Confapi, ACE (Alliance for the beverage carton and the Environment), Confindustria Unionplast, TOMRA, Federation of Paper and Graphics, COREPLA ( National Consortium for the collection, recycling and recovery of plastic packaging ) and European Bioplastics e.V. as part of the examination of the act COM ( 2022 ) 677 on packaging and packaging waste.

https://www.senato.it/attualita/archivio-notizie?nid=78741

Tomra antyder at den polske regjeringens foreslåtte pantesats muligens er satt for lavt.

DRINKS

Deposit system: 50-groszowa deposit for bottles may be too low

Author: PAP

Date: 15-04-2023, 08:07

The amount of the deposit is an argument for consumers to return bottles or cans. The deposit of 50 gr proposed in the draft regulation may not be sufficient - indicates the vice president in the group of Tomra Anna Sapota.

https://www.portalspozywczy.pl/napoje/wiadomosci/tomra-o-systemie-kaucyjnym-50-groszowa-kaucja-za-butelki-moze-byc-za-niska,222471.html
Rect Angel
17.04.2023 kl 22:05 5993

Kommentar egentlig unødvendig her, for sier jo seg selv at dette er meget positive nyheter for virksomhetene til Tomra Systems som handler om innsamling (pant) og sortering, innrettet mot resirkulering av plast. Dessuten er jeg jo som nevnt inne i aksjen i et svært langsiktig perspektiv så ambisjonene mine når det gjelder det jeg poster her, er primært å formidle nyheter til den som måtte være interessert og ser nytteverdi i disse.

Her drister jeg meg likevel til å dra et lite resonnement. Tenker nemlig det, i denne sammenheng, er på sin plass å sette søkelyset på en signifikant investeringsbeslutning Tomra har gjort og formidlet til markedet i en børsmelding så sent som 19.desember 2022.

At et samlet G7 etter helgens møter i Japan nå står bak intensivert kamp mot plastforurensning gjennom å innføre tiltak rettet mot mer resirkulering/sirkulær økonomi, vil nødvendigvis legge sterke politiske føringer på G20-konferansen i New Dehli 9. - 10.september 2023 og ikke minst på alle verdens nasjoner under FNs klimakonferanse COP28, 30.11.2023 - 12.12.2023 i Dubai.

Så i søkelyset satt på Tomras børsmelding datert 19.desember (se innledning og link til hele meldingen nederst i dette innlegget), tror jeg bestemt vi ser et selskap som for lengst har analysert markedet og er innforstått med hvilke politiske føringer som kommer og hva disse vil bety for etterspørselen etter de resirkulerte plastkvalitetene Tomras nye anlegg i Tyskland vil produsere. Altså at etterspørselen kommer til å være veldig stor, større enn tilbudssiden og så stor at man heller ikke trenger å frykte for 'kanibalisering' her selv om Tomra som global markedsleder innen forretningsområdet jo også selger teknologi og produkter til kunder som driver med resirkulering. Skal jeg tippe, tror jeg snarere vi kommer til å se flere Tomra-anlegg innen dette forretningsområdet, frem i tid. At man først satser i Tyskland/EU er selvsagt en konsekvens av det er nettopp her man er kommet klart lengst når det gjelder politiske føringer med henblikk på resirkulering/sirkulær økonomi. Politiske føringer som aktører involvert i emballasjeindustrien MÅ innrette seg etter.

Blir veldig spennende å følge utviklingen innen dette forretningsområdet både når det gjelder egen virksomhet og salg av teknologi og maskineri til parnere/kunder innen resirkulering!

FROM AFP NEWS

G7 Members Commit To Ending New Plastic Pollution By 2040

By AFP - Agence France Presse
April 16, 2023

G7 environment and climate ministers pledged to end new plastic pollution in their countries by 2040, they said in a statement released Sunday after talks in northern Japan.

"We are committed to end plastic pollution, with the ambition to reduce additional plastic pollution to zero by 2040," it said.

Germany, France, Canada, Britain and the EU are already part of a multi-national coalition that made the same pledge last year.

But this is the first time the remaining Group of Seven members -- Japan, the United States and Italy -- have made the 2040 commitment.

German Environment Minister Steffi Lemke hailed the bloc's new plastic pollution pledge as an "ambitious goal" at a press conference following the two-day talks in Sapporo.

The phase-out will be achieved by "promoting sustainable consumption and production of plastics, increasing their circularity in the economy, and environmentally sound management of waste", the statement said.

Plastic waste has doubled globally in 20 years and only nine percent is successfully recycled, according to the OECD group of developed countries.

https://www.barrons.com/news/g7-members-commit-to-ending-new-plastic-pollution-by-2040-ae396c98

Tid 19.12.2022, 08:00:09
MeldingsID 578520
UtstederID TOM
Marked Oslo Børs

TOMRA initiates EUR 50-60 million investment in plastic feedstock sorting

TOMRA announced today that the Board of Directors has made a positive investment decision for the construction of a sorting facility for post-consumer plastic material. TOMRA seeks to enable closing the quantity and quality gaps in plastic recycling by producing high quality plastic fractions out of plastic waste that is typically lost to incineration and landfill. The output material can be used by recyclers to produce flakes and pellets for applications such as packaging material.

https://newsweb.oslobors.no/message/578520
Redigert 17.04.2023 kl 22:12 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
18.04.2023 kl 22:07 5967

Som forventet når man har fulgt med på nyhetsbildet og debatten, utsetter Skottland åpningsdato for sitt pantesystem.

Pantesystemet var opprinnelig planlagt åpnet i 2021, men så kom pandemien og åpningen ble da utsatt på ubestemt tid. Planlagt åpningsdato p.t. var august 2023. I dag kom så altså den ganske så forventede nyheten om utsettelse av åpningen. Ny åpningsdato er 1.mars 2024.

Her kunne man 'fryktet' utsettelse helt til 2025 da pantesystem skal åpne i resten av/hele UK (England, Wales, Nord-Irland), men så drøy ble altså ikke utsettelsen.

Scotland delays Deposit Return Scheme until March 2024

Scottish First Minister Humza Yousaf has announced that the Deposit Return Scheme (DRS) for drinks packaging will no longer launch this August, with a seven-month delay confirmed.

CIRCULAR ECONOMY POLICY
Sarah George
Published 18th April 2023

Speaking at Holyrood this afternoon (18 April), Yousaf said: “A number of business organisations have expressed concern, in recent months, about the balance that the Scottish Government has been striking. In fact, they have called for a reset of the relationship between business and Government. And I’m happy to start that reset today.

“I remain committed to the [DRS] as a way to increase recycling, to reduce litter on our streets and our beaches, and to help achieve our net-zero ambitions. But we recongise the uncertainty that continues to be created as a result, of course, of the UK Government delaying [its] decision to exclude the Scheme from the Internal Market Act. Now, we had hoped for a decision this week, but it has not come.

“At the same time, myself and the Circular Economy Minister [Lorna Slater] have heard the concerns of businesses, particularly about the readiness of the scheme for launch this August. As a result, we will now delay the launch of the scheme until 1 March 2024.”

https://www.edie.net/scotland-delays-deposit-return-scheme-until-march-2024/

Så noen betraktninger om Tomra, fra henholdsvis Sverige og Frankrike. Og deretter litt til nytt.

Hernhag: Bolagen som är bäst i klassen

Publicerad 2023-04-17 07:11

Krönika

Över tid kommer det att löna sig rejält att lära sig hitta de bästa bolagen i varje bransch. Samtidigt är det lika viktigt att undvika de sämsta.

Inom miljöteknik finns det en bred flora riktigt bra bolag som värmepumparnas Nibe, som aldrig sänkt aktieutdelningen. Även Beijer Ref och Tomra tjänar pengar och vårdar sina trender.

https://www.privataaffarer.se/hernhag-bolagen-som-ar-bast-i-klassen/

The value of tomorrow

The business to follow: Tomra, at the heart of the circular economy

Thanks to its automata which recover glass, plastic and aluminum, this Norwegian company has become one of the world leaders in recycling in fifty years.

The value of tomorrow is realized in partnership with Zonebourse.com

Tomra operates in a little known market in France but its equipment is omnipresent in the world. This Norwegian company was born in 1972 with the installation of a first RVM system in a Oslo supermarket, in other words a sorting machine with gratification. These large machines, visible on the parking lots of large food surfaces, offer a small remuneration in exchange for the recycling of glass and plastic bottles, or aluminum cans. This model is widespread in several northern European countries. In France, it comes up against fears of financialization of recycling and shortfall for traditional sectors overseen by communities.

Tomra has built its model on its 80,000 machines dedicated today to individual collection, and on the economics of reverse automatic distribution, that is to say the recovery of recorded containers. The group highlights unstoppable statistics: in Europe, systems with instructions display much higher recycling rates than traditional systems. Until the start of the 21st century, Tomra generated all of his income from collection and recycling. From 2004, the "sorting solutions" activity appeared in turnover. As part of his own industrial needs, Tomra has indeed developed optical sorting technologies.

The objective was to better identify the materials recovered to make the most of them. These solutions were then offered to collection stakeholders, from household waste specialists to BTP giants, industry or textiles. A winning bet since in 2019, the collection and sorting solutions divisions generated as much income as the other. The success of sorting technologies has been extended to the food sector, to calibrate and classify several types of food, in particular fruit and vegetables.

Considerable market share

Tomra is now based on three pillars. The collection ( 51% of turnover in 2022 ) remains the core of activity, ahead of the food sorting ( 30% ) and the recycling sorting ( 19% ). With such a pedigree, the group can do without a cabinet specializing in greening to tell its story: its business is at the heart of the circular economy and the optimization of resources. All with considerable global market share, ranging from 25% for sorting fresh food to 70% for automated deposit. This strategy has guaranteed average sales growth of more than 10% per year over the past ten years, a sign of a well-oiled machine. The dynamics have been reinforced by regular and often relevant acquisitions, which have not unreasonably increased the balance sheet, since debt coverage by profits remains very correct. These external growth operations also did not degrade profitability, with an operating margin that remained around 13% over the same period.

In the last financial year, turnover reached 12.2 billion Norwegian kroner, or just over 1 billion euros. Tomra is therefore a medium-sized multinational, but its sectoral footprint is considerable. The valuation multiples are in tune with the quality of the assets. An investor who is now positioning himself pays around 30 times the results that are expected in 2024. The multiple is high although it is lower than the historical average ( close to 40 times ). It reflects the unique positioning of the company in a market naturally supported by a strengthening of environmental regulations and by the climate countdown: as things go, there could be more plastic than fish in the oceans by 2050.

https://www.lexpress.fr/argent/bourse/lentreprise-a-suivre-tomra-au-coeur-de-leconomie-circulaire-VXQVUJTSOJGUFOAORIW3ATOFO4/

TOMRA releases eBook highlighting the benefits of data-driven quality control

Published by Will Owen, Editor
Global Mining Review, Tuesday, 18 April 2023 13:00

A new, free-to-download publication from TOMRA Mining outlines the different ways today’s advanced digital sorting data services can help mining operations stay in control at all times, take quicker action when necessary, and build a stronger collaboration across teams and departments.

Sensor-based sorting machines inspect every single piece of material that passes through the processing line, collecting a wealth of data. The digitalisation of sorting-related services is opening up a world of new possibilities. The new e-book, titled ‘The Benefits of Data-driven Quality Control’, focuses on how to efficiently produce high-quality product with maximum control and minimum waste.

https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/18042023/tomra-releases-ebook-highlighting-the-benefits-of-data-driven-quality-control/

Jesús Cruz, TOMRA Food: « Today it is possible to offer quantity and quality in blueberries »

Efficiency is the engine that today leads companies to make the changes and investments they need to remain competitive; berry cultivation and, in this case, blueberry is no exception.

Fernando Perea 04/18/2023

The productive growth of this crop worldwide is forcing companies to be more productive and profitable than ever. In this scenario, Jesús Cruz Barrios, Sales Manager Area for Southern Europe and Africa in TOMRA Food, He explains that automation is necessary to be able to compete in a market where costs and quality are essential. It is about investing with the most tangible return for the company, helping to cope with labor costs and ensuring fruit handling.

https://revistamercados.com/jesus-cruz-tomra-food-hoy-es-posible-ofrecer-cantidad-y-calidad-en-arandanos/

400 thousand PLN per year - this is how the store can increase turnover in the deposit system

Author: PAP

Date: April 18, 2023, 13:49

A store that joins the deposit system and starts accepting returns of packaging can increase its turnover by 400,000 PLN per year - informed the Federation of Polish Entrepreneurs ( FPP ).

FPP data show that together stores with a point of receiving returns of packaging can count on an increase in turnover by approx. PLN 30 billion per year.

https://www.portalspozywczy.pl/handel/wiadomosci/400-tys-zl-rocznie-o-tyle-sklep-moze-zwiekszyc-obroty-w-systemie-kaucyjnym,222633.html
Redigert 18.04.2023 kl 22:08 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
19.04.2023 kl 11:29 5944

Drister meg til å påstå at dagens (sterkt negative) reaksjon på børsen på at Skottland utsetter innføringen av sitt pantesystem i 7 måneder, grenser til det komiske.

En utsettelse har ligget i kortene i månedsvis (se for eksempel innlegg om dette her på denne tråden, for en og en halv måned siden, 04.03.2023 kl 20:12), og man skulle nesten tro at Tomra var et 'enbent', lite selskap som var 'avhengig av' at denne åpningen fant sted i august i år. Slik forholder det seg selvsagt ikke. I dette tilfellet er det helt sikkert kun snakk om inntekter som forskyves noe frem i tid, for Tomras del. Og pantesystemer vil jo dessuten komme som 'perler på en snor' i årene fremover. Som kjent, garantert i EUs nasjoner som ennå ikke har innført pantesystem, og helt sikkert etterhvert i andre nasjoner, overalt på kloden. Er jo bare noen dager siden det fremkom at G7 nasjonene nå endelig står 100% samlet i forsterket kamp mot plastforurensningen på kloden. En kamp som selvfølgelig MÅ tas.

Med ny åpningsdato 1.mars 2024 i Skottland, får vi nå en samkjøring med resten av UK (England, Wales og Nord-Irland) som har vedtatt oppstart av pantesystem i 2025. Pantesystemet i Skottland vil dermed bli en slags 'pilot' eller mal om man vil, for pantesystemet i hele UK, og på den måten forhåpentligvis bidra positivt til mest mulig problemfri lansering av pantesystemet for hele/resten av UK i 2025.

Postet forøvrig om utsettelsen i Skottland i mitt innlegg her på tråden i går kveld. Så se der for info om utsettelsen (forrige innlegg på denne tråden).
Redigert 19.04.2023 kl 11:33 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
19.04.2023 kl 13:08 5914

For ordens skyld: Circularity Scotland er selskapet som skal fungere som operatør av det skotske pantesystemet.

Fersk artikkel, publisert for 1 time siden.

2024 date ‘ends DRS speculation’, claims Circularity Scotland

April 19, 2023
by Steve Eminton

The Scottish Government’s announcement yesterday about delaying the deposit return scheme until 1 March 2024 “puts an end to speculation about the timescales for the launch of the scheme”, according to Circularity Scotland.

https://www.letsrecycle.com/news/2024-date-ends-drs-speculation-claims-circularity-scotland/
Rect Angel
19.04.2023 kl 23:24 5930

Innovation in five numbers: overcoming a linear economic model

By Advisor Professional
19/04/2023

Worldwide consolidated value chains are constructed in a linear way, mainly thinking about cost containment and ease of consumption.

The difficulties of reaching a circular economy are therefore evident, however the emergence of new and encouraging areas of circularity is increasingly noticeable.
In 2022 the European Commission proposed that all Member States implement a deposit system for recycling ( deposit return system, DRS ) of metal and plastic beverage containers within the 2029, expanding the systems already implemented in countries such as Germany, Denmark and Sweden. Based on the available data, the European countries that implement DRS systems see their collection rates increase by up to 90%: the costs of the schemes are amortized by deposits not redeemed from unreturned containers. The 90% recovery level% it also constitutes a separate target for the collection of containers at EU level for 2029.

This measure will likely play for the benefit of the major participants in the recycling value chain, such as Tomra, the world's largest supplier of reverse vending machines and waste selection machines. Satisfactory progress has been made in plastic recycling in the EU, although there is still a long way to go: Tomra notes that 38 million tons of plastic are still lost by incineration, landfill or released in kind every year in the region.

https://professional.advisoronline.it/risparmio-gestito/69819-l-innovazione-in-cinque-numeri-superare-un-modello-economico-lineare.action

News

Agrícola Villena restarts its factory in Cádiz

Renovates facilities after an investment of four million euros

04/19/2023

infoRETAIL.- Agrícola Villena has put into operation its La Barca de la Florida plant ( Cádiz ) dedicated to carrot and leek processing. The facilities have returned to activity after the conversion of the factory into a modern industrial plant in which the company has invested more than four million euros.
Among the investments made in technological equipment, this plant currently has automatic tria machinery that allows the processing of 26 tons of carrots per hour, raw material reception chambers, incorporation of new weighers and baggers, automatic calibration, weight controller, cold chambers and new equipment for hydrocooling.

Also, among other advances and optimizations, The integration of Celox and Tomra optical calibrators and selectors that incorporate artificial vision has been carried out to achieve an effective improvement in factory productivity.

Located 20 kilometers from Jerez de La Frontera, The La Barca de La Florida delegation of Agrícola Villena offers employment to more than 80 families in a town with a population of over 4,000 inhabitants.

https://www.revistainforetail.com/noticiadet/agricola-villena-reinicia-su-fabrica-de-cadiz/c56241c42216f9a45fbc6fbd4695be86
Rect Angel
20.04.2023 kl 14:16 5804

Helt fersk nyhet. Taler for seg selv. Stort!

TOMRA Mining tech to be used for the world’s largest lithium sorting plant

Posted by Daniel Gleeson on 20th April 2023

TOMRA Mining says it is in the process of installing what will be the world’s largest lithium mineral ore sorting plant at Pilbara Minerals’ Pilgangoora project in Western Australia.

The installation has already started and is expected to reach completion in late 2023.

Pilbara Minerals says it owns the the world’s largest, independent hard-rock lithium mine, producing a spodumene and tantalite concentrate. Through its P680 Expansion Project, the company has plans to step-up its production run-rate at the operation to a total of circa-680,000 t/y of spodumene concentrate. The sorting plant is part of this project.

Dale Henderson, Managing Director and CEO, Pilbara Minerals, said: “This new facility to be constructed at our Pilgangoora Project will be the world’s largest lithium mineral ore sorting plant. TOMRA’s experience in large global sorting installations, innovative technology, and ability to provide local support were significant factors in our decision to work with them. From the start, the TOMRA team has been working side by side with us and our engineering partner DRA Global to deliver this important project.”

As part of this expansion project, Pilbara Minerals turned to TOMRA Mining for assistance to address the key industry challenge in the processing of spodumene feed ore contaminated with barren host rock.

TOMRA has 50 years’ experience in sensor-based sorting technologies and has designed and built 90% of the world’s large-scale mining sorting plants with a capacity above 300t/h, it says. These include plants such as the Ma’aden Umm Wu’al project, which is operating at 1,850 t/h and the Lucara diamond operation which runs 15 sorters.

Specifically for the Pilbara Minerals project, TOMRA Mining highlighted that it offered effective ore sorting solutions with high sensor resolution and ejection accuracy that ensure high lithium recovery and waste removal with a stable and consistent performance at high capacity.

The TOMRA Mining team conducted a geological assessment of sample ores supplied by Pilbara Minerals. It revealed the pegmatite deposit did have non-lithium bearing host rock intrusions. Some of these minerals have a high density like that of spodumene, which means that it is also concentrated when using heavy media separation (HMS). This reduces the efficiency of the downstream flotation and contaminates the final product. Sensor-based sorting technologies, on the other hand, can measure the colour, density and mineralogical variations in individual particles, enabling the accurate detection and removal of this barren material, the company explained.

Working closely with the Pilbara Minerals metallurgical team, TOMRA conducted extensive test work at the TOMRA Test Center in Sydney, Australia, to check all the options and answer any questions arising during the tests.

The samples were run at capacity on production sorters and included repeatability and variation testing. The test work benchmarked the expected performance of the sorters and was used to establish the sort quality on each of the ore types that will be fed through the plant.

Primero Group, which was awarded the contract for construction of the project, has now started bulk earthworks for the sorting plant.

The TOMRA team was involved not only in the testing and supply of equipment, but also provided assistance with the plant layout and understanding of the implications of sorting on the upstream mining and downstream process of the ore. This involvement throughout the development process will add to efficient operational ramp-up and technical optimisation.

TOMRA’s capability to support the project with a dedicated Australia-based team and a global support structure has been a significant factor and is an important part of de-risking the installation of this new technology. The team is working closely with Pilbara Minerals through the installation process, commissioning and start-up, and will continue to provide on-site support once the sorting plant is up and running.

https://im-mining.com/2023/04/20/tomra-mining-tech-to-be-used-for-the-worlds-largest-lithium-sorting-plant/
Redigert 20.04.2023 kl 14:24 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
20.04.2023 kl 22:07 5747

Som jeg antydet i innlegg her på tråden i går, virker det som om regjeringen i Westminster nå ønsker at det skotske pantesystemet ska fungere som en slags 'pilot'/mal for hele UK når det kommer opp og går på sin nye dato for oppstart, 1.mars 2024.

Det sier iallefall SNPs skotske 'Net Zero Minister' Mairi McAllan til The Herald i dag.

I seg selv ingen dum ide som bør kunne bidra til en vellykket oppstart for pantesystemet for hele/resten av UK (England, Wales og Nord-Irland), som det altså allerede er bestemt skal være oppe og gå i 2025.

EXCLUSIVE

SNP Net Zero Secretary claims UK wants Scotland to test water on DRS

8 hrs ago

The SNP cabinet secretary overseeing the under-fire deposit return scheme (DRS) has insisted the policy will launch as envisaged – as she claimed UK officials would like to see Scotland “cut its teeth” first with the scheme.
SNP Net Zero Secretary, Mairi McAllan, who has ultimate responsibility for the policy above circular economy minister Lorna Slater, has welcomed the delay and has told The Herald that the UK Government would like to see a Scotland-only scheme launched first to “troubleshoot” some of the inevitable teething problems.

Asked by The Herald if she would like to see the DRS up and running as quickly as possible, Ms McAllan said: “Of course.”

She added: “But I want to see it up and running in a way that businesses can manage, which is exactly what the First Minister's announcement was about.
Pointing to calls for UK-wide scheme, the cabinet secretary told The Herald that “Defra (UK department for environment, food and rural affairs) are quite keen for Scotland to lead the way because we are troubleshooting a lot of this.

“Generally, you know, we'll have these discussions where it's quite clear that we have a shared policy objective. If we're going first we will cut our teeth on it.”

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/23468931.snp-net-zero-secretary-claims-uk-wants-scotland-test-water-drs/

Messe pågår i Kina. Toppsjefen i Tomra Foods Michel Picandet forteller her om sterk satsing i Kina fra Tomras side. Picandet sier at Kina er et hurtig voksende marked og innehar en nøkkelposisjon i Tomras strategi.

2023 The 16th China Roasted Nuts Exhibition Hefei kicks off with more than 1,500 exhibitors

April 20, 2023 17:16 | Source: People's Daily Online - Anhui Channel

People's Daily Online, Hefei, April 20th (Zhao Yue) The exhibition area is nearly 70,000 square meters, with 6 exhibition halls and 12 themed exhibition areas. For the first time, a new product tasting and selection area and a plant spices and condiments exhibition area have been newly added. There are more than 1,500 exhibitors. New products, high-quality products, and hot-selling products are competing to debut... From April 19th to 22nd, the 16th China Roasted Nuts Exhibition was held in Hefei, Anhui.
In the industrial chain equipment exhibition area, TOMRA, a global food sorting company, brought the AI ​​sorting machine TOMRA 5C. Michel Picandet, executive vice president of TOMRA Group and global head of TOMRA Foods, said: "China is a fast-growing emerging market and a key position in TOMRA's global strategy. Roasted Nuts and Nuts Exhibition is a microcosm of China's economic prosperity and opening up, and it is also a part of our cooperation with An opportunity for in-depth market dialogue. In the future, TOMRA will continue to increase business support and investment in China to better serve local customers and help the industry develop.”

http://ah.people.com.cn/BIG5/n2/2023/0420/c227131-40385010.html

PRSE 2023

Plastics Recycling Show Europe: Full Conference Programme now online

Apr 20, 2023

The organisers of Plastics Recycling Show Europe, which takes place on 10-11 May 2023 at the RAI Amsterdam, the Netherlands, have released the event's full conference programme, featuring over 60 speakers.
Increasing efficiency in flake-sorting applications by Alberto Piovesan, Segment Manager Plastics at TOMRA Recycling

https://waste-management-world.com/recycling/plastics-recycling-show-europe-full-conference-programme-now-online/

White Paper: 2040 vision for a sustainable future requires radical rethink on EU materials and waste policy

Published
20 APR 2023

Rewiring our relationship with resources through the Waste Framework Directive (WFD) is vital for the EU to continue to innovate and lead the world in reaching a circular economy by 2040. 

These are the findings of a White Paper published today by Handelens Miljøfond, Minderoo Foundation, TOMRA, and Zero Waste Europe, which outlines the urgent steps required to ensure the union remains on track to creating a sustainable future for its citizens.

The White Paper, developed by Eunomia Research & Consulting, sets out a vision for 2040 where society will use materials and products more efficiently in an economy that is well on its way to circularity.

The upcoming revision of the Waste Framework Directive, which has guided EU policy in this area since 1975, offers the opportunity to design a coherent and consistent policy framework for a circular economy – however the scope of the revision is not currently sufficient to set the EU on the right course. 

Cecilie Lind, CEO of Handelens Miljøfond said: “This White Paper demonstrates the urgency of rethinking our approach to materials and waste policy in order to build a sustainable and circular economy by 2040, and the revision of the Waste Framework Directive is a critical step in achieving that goal.”

A genuinely circular economy would mean much reduced extraction and use of virgin resources, with a focus on a service economy that keeps products and materials in circulation for as long as possible, making full use of digital technology, systems, and data to manage our use of materials and products.

The White Paper also presents an accompanying blueprint for a policy framework that will drive these changes effectively and at scale, harnessing the power of the single market to give businesses confidence to invest in the new business models necessary to deliver prosperity and profitability while reducing material consumption. 

Joan Marc Simon, Director-Founder of Zero Waste Europe, added: “It’s imperative that the EU makes it easier and cheaper for citizens, businesses, and organisations to make the right choices. Unless we make EU policies fit for purpose we can’t shift away from current inefficient linear take-make-waste economic models.”

The White Paper proposes a short-term revision of the WFD (by 2026) to provide: 

* Softer regulation for the reuse, repair, and remanufacturing of products as well as clarity for industry on the environmental performance required of reuse systems. 

* Greater consistency in the scope and application of extended producer responsibility (EPR) and a more granular recycling hierarchy that characterises ‘high quality’ recycling.

* A supportive environment for rapidly decarbonising the treatment and disposal of waste.

Ultimately the WFD would need to be transformed into a Resources Framework Directive by 2029 which would extend the scope and remit of the framework to include the reduction of resource consumption, introducing a materials application hierarchy to steer the use of different types of materials to maximise decarbonisation.

Dr Marcus Gover, who leads a team of scientists and policy experts at Minderoo Foundation, said: “In a circular economy, consumers will reap the benefits of higher-quality products that last longer while at the same time reducing the harmful impacts materials like plastics, especially microplastics in clothing and tyres, have on our environment.” 

Wolfgang Ringel, Senior Vice President Group Public Affairs at TOMRA commented: “More needs to be done to encourage the proper collection, sorting, and recycling of valuable material that is simply thrown away. Implementing legally defined (in other words, mandatory) obligations covering the use of resources, and their responsible handling, is the way forward to ensure a sustainable future for society and our planet.”

Dr Chris Sherrington, Head of Policy at Eunomia Research & Consulting concluded: “We are looking forward to engaging with stakeholders over the next six months on our ideas to help design a regulatory framework which can spur innovation and give businesses the confidence to invest, innovate and deliver the transition to a circular economy. We know these changes need to happen, it’s best to act now and work together in an open, transparent, and collaborative fashion to determine the best way to do so.”

https://zerowasteeurope.eu/press-release/white-paper-2040-vision-for-a-sustainable-future-requires-radical-rethink-on-eu-materials-and-waste-policy/
Rect Angel
21.04.2023 kl 23:40 5632

Det ramler inn så mye Tomra-nytt fra alle kanter at jeg slipper en dose allerede nå på fredagskvelden. Ikke noe poeng å samle opp til et nær tosifret antall nyheter i en post søndag kveld.

Resirkuleringsanlegg i Tyrkia, her beskrevet som et blant få så avanserte i sitt slag i verden, nærmer seg oppstart. Resirkuleringsanlegget er bygget med og driftes av Tomras sensor-baserte sorteringsmaskiner.

The countdown has begun on Bakcycle

Newspaper

Bakcycle Recycling AŞ, the fifth company of Bakioğlu Holding Packaging Group Companies that has completed its vertical integration structure, has started the countdown to go into operation. Bakcycle, which will ensure the recycling of polyethylene flexible packaging waste, which has completed its final use, so that it can be used as raw material in the flexible packaging industry, will take its place among the few facilities in the world. In the facility, which is equipped with the latest technologies, TOMRA sensor-based sorting machines will enable the sorting of mixed flexible packaging wastes with high accuracy rates from color, density and even bond structures.

https://www.yeniasir.com.tr/ekonomi/2023/04/21/bakcycleda-geri-sayim-basladi

Ukrainernes standhaftighet er virkelig imponerende. Og til tross for de enorme problemene landet befinner seg i, satser man nå på at et avfallshåndteringsanlegg drevet med Tomras sorteringsteknologi og - maskineri skal komme opp å gå så raskt som mulig i Kharkiv. Ettersom krigshandlingene gjør det umulig for Tomras folk å reise inn til Kharkiv og bidra til installering, reiser nå ukrainerne istedet til Krosno i Polen hvor der finnes et avfallshåndteringsanlegg i full drift, identisk utstyrt av Tomra. Her får ukrainerne så opplæring slik at man kan selv kan gjennomføre installeringen hjemme i Kharkiv.

CITY LIFE

Employees of the Kharkiv waste disposal plant were trained at the Regional Waste Recovery Center

April 21, 2023

Krośnieński Holding Komunalny provided technical facilities for the mechanical waste processing installation so that Tomra, a manufacturer of optical separators, could train employees of the waste sorting installation that is being built in Kharkov, Ukraine.

Despite the military operations that have been taking place in Ukraine for over a year, the construction of a municipal waste processing and sorting plant continues in Kharkiv. This installation is to be equipped with automatic waste sorting devices, and the two optical separators used in our plant for mechanical sorting of waste are exactly the same as those purchased by the Municipal Solid Waste Utilization Plant in Kharkiv.

The plant in Kharkov purchased our separators a few years ago and now, despite the difficulties resulting from the war, it is making efforts to complete the construction of the plant and launch it - says Mateusz Brzeziński from Tomra Sorting. - Due to the fact that the trip of our company's employees to the area affected by military operations is excluded, we were asked to conduct a training on the installation of separators outside the territory of Ukraine. The choice fell on the Krosno installation, because we want to show the employees from Kharkiv in the most faithful way how the machines are to be installed, and those from the Regional Waste Recovery Center in Krosno are ideal for this - adds the representative of the manufacturer of optical separators.

Both the investor and the contractors of the waste management plant in Kharkov are determined to complete the investment and put it into operation as soon as possible. The Ukrainian delegation that came to Krosno did not conceal that running such a large investment - in the war situation in Ukraine - is complicated and very difficult.

https://www.krosno.pl/aktualnosci/pracownicy-zakladu-utylizacji-odpadow-z-charkowa-szkolili-sie-w-regionalnym-centrum-odzysku-odpadow,17595

Multi-thematic investment: buoyant sectors

21 Apr 2023 - 07:00

Dries Dury, DPAM

A multi-thematic configuration makes it possible to allocate its assets according to opportunities. This has proven useful during the pandemic, where many of the trends have been accelerated.

Interest in thematic investments seems to be growing, thanks in particular to their long-term performance and their diversification. Artificial intelligence (AI), ecology, health and biotechnologies are among the main themes and promising disruptive sectors.

We have reached the critical point where artificial intelligence (AI) is entering our daily lives, without us necessarily noticing it. But, there are already many areas where the use of AI makes it possible to be more productive. Today it already acts as a kind of assistant for developers or designers, one of the sectors with real shortages and where labor is very expensive. Increasing the productivity of code developers by 20% results in huge cost savings
SELECTIVE ON ECOLOGY

Within the “ecology” theme, where valuations are high, stock selection can make a difference. Thus, in Europe, there are very interesting medium-sized companies providing sustainable solutions. Examples include winners Nibe in heat pumps, Tomra in recycling and Spirax-Sarco in steam technologies.

https://www.allnews.ch/content/points-de-vue/investissement-multith%C3%A9matique-les-secteurs-porteurs

Tomra study highlights bottle deposit recycling behaviors

The report, which surveyed 7,000 European consumers, reveals consumers’ main motivations for participating in deposit-return systems

POSTED BY MEGAN SMALLEY | APRIL 20, 2023

The Tomra Collection Solutions business unit of Norway-based Tomra Group has released a report on consumers’ shopping preferences and attitudes around drink container recycling.

For the report, “How recycling habits impact shopping behavior,” Tomra conducted online survey panels in seven countries (Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and Slovakia) in November 2022, surveying 1,000 consumers in each market ages 18 to 70 who returned drink containers for recycling at least every other month.

“Globally, over 1.4 trillion drink containers are sold each year, and 1 million plastic bottles are bought every minute,” says Charles Riegle, senior vice president of public affairs at Tomra Collection in the U.S. “Plastic drink containers are highly recyclable, but only 2 percent of the world’s plastic packaging gets recycled in a closed loop, so it’s vital that we look at what motivates recycling behavior and what consumers are seeking from the recycling experience.”

https://www.recyclingtoday.com/news/tomra-study-highlights-consumer-recycling-behavior-europe/
Rect Angel
23.04.2023 kl 19:00 5568

Forvaltere som velger seg Tomra Systems og grunngir hvorfor de mener Tomra er en vinner.

M&G: Large spread between winners and losers

April 21, 2023, 2:07 p.m.
Editor: sw

The switch to decarbonization creates completely new industries and value chains. « But an increasing tide does not lift all boats - the spread between winners and losers is considerable », says Michael Rae, fund manager of M&G ( Lux ) Climate Solutions Fund
Tomra: plastic recycling

The prospect of an end to the use of plastics is still a long way off. As a material, plastic is still unsurpassed in terms of cost, weight and versatility of use. The good news is that thanks to continuous innovation, more and more types of plastic can be recycled through chemical processes and the original fossil molecules can thus be reused. However, only 9 percent of plastic waste worldwide is currently recycled, while 22 percent is disposed of incorrectly. All parties involved, from the petrochemical companies to the packaging manufacturers to the sellers of consumer goods and the end consumer himself, would have to play a role in pursuing the concept of « reducing, reusing, recycling ».

Nowhere is this becoming clearer than in the EU, which is already a leader in the circular economy of plastics and further increases the pressure for political changes. In November 2022, the European Commission proposed that all EU member states by 1. January 2029 introduced a deposit return system for metal and plastic beverage packaging and should therefore expand the systems already introduced in Germany, Denmark and Sweden. Studies show that the collection rate in countries with DRS is consistently increasing to 90 percent. The economic aspects are also very good, since the unused deposit funds from the non-returned containers contribute to or even cover the costs of the system.

« From our point of view, the Norwegian company Tomra is the outstanding beneficiary of this development », writes Michael Rae, fund manager of M&G ( Lux ) Climate Solutions Fund. It is the world leader in the manufacture of empties take-back machines that collect recyclable waste and waste sorting machines that are installed in recycling centers. Tomra can look back on a long history of innovation in this niche area. The founders of the company invented the world's first empties take-back machines in the early 1970s. Tomra's business is at the heart of the waste sorting problem, because even if all materials have landed in the right bin, they still have to be sorted by type and color of plastic and examined for the presence of labels and lids before they can be fed into the chemical recycling process. Advanced scanning technologies such as Tomra's are taking more and more work from consumers and increasing the likelihood that DRS will be introduced. In 2022, the avoided CO2 emissions made possible by the Tomra products used by customers amounted to just over 21.1 million tons of CO2 equivalents, which corresponds to an increase of 8.7 percent compared to 2021. The total emissions avoided correspond to about 35 percent of Norway's greenhouse gas emissions in 2021. Tomra machines collected more than 45 billion containers in 2022.

https://investrends.ch/aktuell/opinion/m-g-grosse-streuung-zwischen-gewinnern-und-verlierern/

How to protect the ocean from plastic catastrophe

by Adam Hussain, investment manager, Aegon Asset Management
21 Apr 2023

Aegon AM's Adam Hussain looks at three companies working towards this goal
After more than a decade of talks and negotiations, member states of the United Nations have agreed a High Seas Treaty that should lead to the protection and sustainable use of marine biodiversity in areas beyond national jurisdictions. For the first time in history, rules will be in place to effectively manage and govern oceans and seas in their entirety.
So, which are some of the companies addressing this sustainability problem and in turn helping to protect our seas?

Tomra Systems 

Tomra Systems is the leading provider of advanced sensor-based collection and sorting solutions and is a key enabler of the effective recovery and recycling of used materials, including plastic.

The company’s approximately 80,000 automated reverse vending machines (RVMs) represent more than 70% of the global RVM market.

It is responsible for collecting, recognising and processing more than 44 billion used beverage containers annually. However, this represents only around 9% of all beverage containers currently sold globally each year.

The EU Single Use Plastic (SUP) Directive should bring further improvements to collection rates – it has a target for all EU member states to collect 77% of SUP beverage bottles by 2025 and 90% by 2029. Tomra itself has been aiming to increase plastics recycled within a closed-loop system to 30% of total used material by 2030.
The High Seas Treaty is a landmark agreement – however, the work to translate this into action has only just begun. Ocean ecosystems are critical to marine life, biodiversity and livelihoods.

It is crucial that we act on both land and sea to protect this natural resource – and as investors we can buy into companies that are helping to support this goal.

https://esgclarity.com/how-to-protect-the-ocean-from-plastic-catastrophe/

CRYPTO NEWS

McKinsey Shows Explosive Growth in Carbon Credits as Ecoterra Raises $2.1 Million in Green Crypto Presale

Trent Rhode
Last updated: April 22, 2023

As the eco-conscious movement gains traction in the investment world, ecoterra, a blockchain-powered recycle2earn app, raised $2.1 million in the first 3 weeks of its crypto presale, garnering attention from both environmentally conscious investors and cryptocurrency enthusiasts.

But what makes this project so appealing to green investors, and what opportunities does it present?

The global market for voluntary carbon credits, currently valued at over $2 billion, is projected to grow exponentially as businesses seek to offset their emissions while transitioning to greener practices.

By 2030, consulting firm McKinsey & Co. estimates the market could reach a staggering $50 billion. In response to this surging demand, ecoterra presents a solution that combines environmental responsibility with the advantages of blockchain technology.
Reverse vending machines (RVMs) are a crucial component of ecoterra’s circular economy-aligned recycling system. These machines accept recyclable materials and issue rewards in return.

To achieve its ambitious goals, ecoterra has forged strategic partnerships with a diverse range of businesses and organizations, including supermarket giant Delhaize (Lion) and recycling technology firm TOMRA.

https://www.business2community.com/crypto-news/crypto-presale-ecoterra-flourishes-in-green-investment-boom-raises-2-1-million-as-mckinsey-data-sheds-light-on-industry-growth-02679148

Så litt siste produktnytt fra Tomra Recycling når det gjelder 'magien' som er grunn til at forvaltere rundt om i verden peker på Tomra Systems som lysende stjerne på aksjehimmelen.

INDUSTRY NEWS

TOMRA to display revamped sorting technology at WasteExpo 2023

By Recycling Product News Staff

At WasteExpo 2023, TOMRA will display a revamped AUTOSORT demonstration unit and the company's latest sorting advancements. In addition, the exhibit will highlight its deep-learning-based GAIN technology and Insight add-on technologies for AUTOSORT. 

GAIN technology leverages artificial intelligence (AI) to make it possible to sort objects based on their form and texture which could not be separated with conventional technology. The AI's deep learning technology analyzes images and data to enable the sorting unit to perform tasks more effectively over time and offers advantages for the waste management and recycling industries. 

TOMRA has pioneered deep learning with GAIN for wood sorting applications, creating clean wood chip fractions and differentiating between non-processed wood (wood A) and processed wood (wood B) and recovering MDF. Used in combination with AUTOSORT, GAIN also has the capability to purify post-consumer polyethylene (PE) streams by removing PE-silicone cartridges and non-PE objects. Team members will also give insight into more applications to follow. 

With TOMRA Insight, AUTOSORT is turned into a connected source of information. Insight securely collects near-real-time processing data in the cloud and turns it into actionable information through a web interface. By providing digital metrics such as throughput, material, and size distribution; acceptance and rejection rates; and other data metrics, TOMRA Insight gives equipment recyclers operating information necessary to optimize sorting performance. 

AUTOSORT works best across a range of material sorting applications, including single stream, municipal solid waste (MSW), and commercial and industrial waste. AUTOSORT brings together multiple different sensors to deliver ideal sorting accuracy across all target fractions.

TOMRA will be at booth #5428 during WasteExpo 2023.

https://www.recyclingproductnews.com/article/40196/tomra-to-display-revamped-sorting-technology-at-wasteexpo-2023
April 21, 2023
Rect Angel
26.04.2023 kl 21:57 5506

BREAKING NEWS. Times of India.

At Tomra, ifølge Times of India, er i samtaler med såvel sentral- som delstatsmyndigheter i India om innføring av pantesystem, vil jeg tro er en nyhet som er egnet til å ta pusten fra noen og enhver.

At Times of Indias kilde her er Norges generalkonsul i Mumbai Arne Jan Flølo, må kunne sies å tale for at en seriøs prosess er satt i gang og nå pågår mellom Tomra og indiske myndigheter. Ja, Flølo sier jo faktisk at samtalene mellom Tomra og indiske myndigheter allerede har kommet så langt at man er fremme ved nyansene/detaljene som må være på plass for å bygge et velfungerende pantesystem.

At India i 2023 har et estimert antall innbyggere på 1.426 milliarder gir en pekepinn når det gjelder dimensjoner og skala man står overfor her. Ja, bare delstaten Maharashtra hvor Mumbai er hovedstaden og Arne Jan Flølo altså er norsk generalkonsul, har i 2023 et estimert antall innbyggere på 126.3 millioner. Ca. 40 millioner flere enn det bor i Tyskland.

Norway MNC eyeing reverse vending machine biz in India

SHISHIR ARYA & ABHISHEK CHOUDHARI / Apr 26, 2023, 08:25 IST

Nagpur: TOMRA, a Norwegian MNC, is in talks with the Centre and state governments about recycling policy. The idea is to have reverse vending machines installed which can take in bottles or any other containers that can be put to reuse.

However, certain finer points need to be sorted out. The containers cannot be valued simply in terms of weight. There has to be a value printed on each of the bottles that would be returned through the vending machines. TOMRA is in talks with the authorities on such nuances, the consul general of Norway Arne Jan Flolo told TOI. He was in the city for a two-day visit and was addressing businessmen at the Vidarbha Industries Association (VIA). Flolo said the machines can take in any type of container.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/nagpur/norway-mnc-eyeing-reverse-vending-machine-biz-in-india/articleshow/99774404.cms?from=mdr
Redigert 26.04.2023 kl 23:42 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
28.04.2023 kl 14:24 5527

Som langsiktig her, er jeg (selvsagt) meget godt fornøyd med dagens Q1 2023 presentasjon. Har også nettopp sett webcasten. Investeringene man som globalt markedsledende gjør med henblikk på å ta del i den sterke veksten som venter innen selskapets forretningsområder fremover, samt etablering av en potensiell ny divisjon innen selskspsvirksomheten (Tomra Horizon), har jeg ingen problemer med. Når det gjelder lønnsomheten innen pantesystemer/Collection Solutions, rapporterer man at man i løpet av 2023 vil ha jobbet seg gjennom og ut av alle rammeavtaler som var inngått før de store problemene innen forsyningskjedene globalt og den sterke inflasjonen, også globalt, inntraff. Utsiktene innen pant/Collection Solutions peker således mot sukssesivt økt lønnsomhet.

Konklusjon: Stor optimist. Her blir det ikke mindre moro å følge nyhetsstrømmen fremover. Tvert imot. God helg ønskes for de som følger det som postes her på tråden.

TOMRA: Strong growth across all divisions in the first quarter 2023

FRI, APR 28, 2023 07:00 CETReport this content

TOMRA, the global leader in resource productivity solutions, has announced its financial results for the first quarter of 2023. The company continued to deliver strong growth, with revenues of 3,239 MNOK, representing a 29% increase from the same period last year. When adjusting for currency, revenues were up 17% for TOMRA Group, with strong growth across all divisions: Collection, Recycling, and Food.

Highlights 1Q 2023:

(all growth figures are adjusted for currency)

Revenues amounted to 3,239 MNOK, up 17% from the first quarter last year

Revenue growth of 18% in Collection, 15% in Recycling, and 15% in Food

Gross margin was 40%, in line with the margin in the first quarter 2022

Operating expenses amounted to 1,027 MNOK, in line with the previous quarter when adjusted for currency

EBITA was 277 MNOK, down 8% compared to last year, mainly as a result of business expansion

Strong cash flow from operations of 509 MNOK, compared to 166 MNOK in the first quarter 2022

Significant increase in Recycling’s order backlog of 30%

Tove Andersen, President and CEO of TOMRA Systems ASA commented:

“I am very pleased with the progress we are making on our strategic ambitions in TOMRA in the first quarter. We have a plan to accelerate growth and continue to see strong revenue growth materializing across all our divisions: Collection, Recycling, and Food. Our efforts to mitigate the effects of inflation and supply chain disruptions in order to improve gross margins are paying off. We have recuperated margins in Recycling and Food and see continued improvement in Collection.”

“We deliver an EBITA of 277 MNOK, up 17% from the first quarter 2022. However, as we have been scaling up our business over the past year to capture growth opportunities that lie ahead of us, EBITA has fallen 8% compared to the first quarter 2022 when adjusting for currency movements. Profitability is a priority for us, and we are confident that the organization we now have built will deliver on our profitability target as the business continues to grow.”

“Looking ahead, we are optimistic about the long-term demand for better resource productivity, which is driven by megatrends such as population increase, a growing middle-class consumer base, greater urbanization, and hence the need for increased focus on sustainability and climate change. With the technology we provide, TOMRA is well-positioned to help society meet the challenges that follow by transforming how we obtain, use and reuse our world’s resources.”

Webcast:

President & CEO Tove Andersen and CFO Eva Sagemo will present the results today at 08:00 CEST. The presentation will be sent via live webcast. Questions to the speakers can be directed using the Q&A-tool embedded in the webcast and will be addressed towards the end of the presentation. A recorded version of the webcast will be available shortly after the webcast has concluded. Link to the webcast: https://channel.royalcast.com/landingpage/hegnarmedia/20230428_9/

Asker, 28 April 2023

TOMRA Systems ASA

For further information, please contact:

Eva Sagemo, CFO
Tel: +47 934 39 911

Daniel Sundahl, Head of Investor Relations
Tel: +47 913 61 899

TOMRA was founded on an innovation in 1972 that began with the design, manufacturing and sale of reverse vending machines for automated collection of used beverage containers. Today TOMRA provides technology-led solutions that optimize resource use and recovery in the food, recycling, and ore sorting industries.

TOMRA has more than 100,000 installations in over 80 markets worldwide and had total revenues of NOK 12.2 billion in 2022. The Group employs 5,000 people globally and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange. (OSE: TOM). For further information about TOMRA, please visit www.TOMRA.com

This information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant to section 5-12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act.

https://news.cision.com/tomra-systems-asa/r/tomra-strong-growth-across-all-divisions-in-the-first-quarter-2023,c3760363

TOMRA: Strong growth across all divisions in the first quarter 2023

28.4.2023 07:01 • Oslo Børs •

https://newsweb.oslobors.no/message/588897
Redigert 29.04.2023 kl 02:49 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
03.05.2023 kl 21:47 5354

Gjennombrudd når det gjelder industriell resirkulering av sammensatt plastemballasje!

Melding fra BASF.

Prosjektpartnerne er BASF, Krones, Südpack og Tomra. At vi her snakker gedigent potensial, er neppe noen overdrivelse.

TRADE PRESS  |  3rd. May 2023

Joint press information:

Cooperation project shows: Multi-layer packaging can be separated and recycled on an industrial scale

* Cooperation project provides Proof of Concept for closed recycling cycle PET-based multi-layer packaging

* Recycling process can be implemented directly in existing plant infrastructure

* Requirements for recyclability of packaging according to the Packaging and Packaging Waste Regulation (PPWR ) can also be met for multi-layer packaging

Multi-layer films are used for a wide variety of packaging materials, especially in the food sector. According to the requirements of the European Green Deal, packaging must be recycled to a large extent by 2030. The details will be regulated in the Packaging and Packaging Waste Regulation ( PPWR ), the draft of which was presented in November 2022. However, recycling multi-layer films has so far been difficult due to the use of different materials.

As part of a cooperation project, the companies BASF, Krones, SÜDPACK and TOMRA have now shown that PET / PE multilayer packaging can be separated into individual substances and fed back into the material cycle as raw materials. Already during the first industrial experiment, the partners in a pilot plant near Krones in Flensburg managed to completely separate 69 percent of the PET / PE components and partially separate them by twelve percent. The special thing about the approach is that recycling of the multi-layer packaging in the existing infrastructure is possible.

Basis of success: partnership of everyone involved in the value chain

The decisive factor for the success of the project team was the interaction of the partners BASF, Krones, SÜDPACK and TOMRA, who bundled their know-how to close the cycle.

The project started in early 2021 when TOMRA carried out the first sorting tests on PET / PE trays. These trays were previously manufactured by SÜDPACK using BASF's „ Debonding adhesive “. SÜDPACK's leading manufacturer of high-tech packaging films for the food, non-food and medical goods industries aims to become a zero-waste company. „ As part of the joint project, we bring in our many years of expertise in the field of lamination. Thanks to our special know-how in water-based lamination, we are able to produce multilayer films that can be separated by basic hot washing processes “, says Carolin Grimbacher, who is responsible for R&D at SÜDPACK as managing partner.

In order to enable a closed material cycle, the multilayer films to be recycled had to be sorted out from the remaining waste stream beforehand. The central success factor for this is the ability of AUTOSORTTM-Technology from TOMRA to separate the recyclable PET / PE trays from non-recyclable trays. „ We succeeded with our NIR technology. This enables PET multilayer trays containing the BASF adhesive to be recognized so that we can then pull them out of the waste stream and recycle them “, says David Rüßmann, Manager Special Projects.

In July 2022, Krones, as a provider of plastic recycling systems, came on board the project team. Experiments were carried out on a company pilot plant to separate PET and PE from the composite films on an industrial scale. A hot washing process common for PET recycling was used. The materials could be successfully separated. This means that PET and PE can be recycled in a single variety. „ In our system we have demonstrated that the delamination of multilayer films works, whereby the separation of the foils can be increased by optimizing individual process parameters and, for example, the particle size of the flakes “, explains Thore Lucks, Head of Technology Recycling Solutions at Krones.

The basis for the separability of the film components PET / PE are specially developed adhesives that are used when laminating multilayer films in order to combine different functional materials. It is important that the lamination adhesive adheres very well if necessary, but allows the two foils to be separated as easily as possible during recycling. „ With our water-based epotal®-Foods have already achieved very good results in the laboratory when cutting multi-layer packaging. We consider it a great success that we were able to completely separate 69 percent of the packaging on the first industrial experiment. This can certainly be further expanded by optimizing our debonding adhesive system “, explains Kresimir Cule, Commercial Marketing Industrial Adhesives, BASF SE.

Outlook: Further development of the lamination adhesive used

The project is currently being continued. By adapting various process parameters in the recycling process and by further developing the laminating adhesive used, the project participants see opportunities to further increase the recycling rate of plastics. There is also a special focus on the quality of the recyclate. The aim is to use the PET again for the production of food packaging. The PE fraction is also to be used as a raw material for new packaging in the non-food sector. Studies on this will follow shortly.

https://www.basf.com/global/de/media/news-releases/2023/05/p-23-202.html

https://m.marketscreener.com/quote/stock/BASF-SE-6443227/news/Joint-News-Release-Collaboration-project-shows-multi-layer-packaging-can-be-separated-and-recycle-43725212/

EQUIPMENT SPOTLIGHT | MAY 2023 SORTING SYSTEMS

Published in the May 2023 Edition of American Recycler News
The TOMRA Autosort™ features an ultra-compact design with a versatile sensor-based configuration that can be used across a vast range of material sorting applications – including single stream, municipal solid waste, and commercial & industrial waste. “Compact, highly flexible and upgradable, Autosort brings together the industry’s broadest range of sensors, which can help mitigate feedstock supply and quality challenges. Using data to classify objects, the machine is capable of separating materials which are difficult, or even impossible to separate using conventional technologies,” said Ty Rhoad, regional director, Americas.

TOMRA’s Sharp Eye technology increases the light efficiency while maintaining the same energy consumption to enhance sorting sharpness and improves the separation of difficult to target fractions. Autosort also features TOMRA’s unique and patented advanced flying beam technology, which delivers enhanced light signal efficiency for improved detection at low operating costs. The integration of sharp eye and flying beam technology allows Autosort to consistently deliver high performance in terms of sorting accuracy across all target fractions – even in the most complex of applications.

Optional technologies include deep laiser, noted for its compactness and flexible range of uses. Its object recognition enables a deeper sorting sharpness to significantly improve the performance of the sorting process. It detects previously undetectable objects like black polymers and glass. Also available, GAIN uses a deep, learning-based sensor to classify objects and sort previously hard-to-sort objects. It resolves complex sorting tasks and achieves high purity levels without compromising throughput speed.

TOMRA Recycling designs and manufactures sensor-based sorting technologies for the global recycling and waste management industry. Over 8,200 systems have been installed in more than 100 countries worldwide.

https://americanrecycler.com/8568759/index.php/news/107-feature-articles/equipment-spotlight/5671-equipment-spotlight-may-2023-sorting-systems

TOMRA Food shares its specialized knowledge at WAC 2023 ( World Waterfall Congress )

EDITOR  PRODUCTS  
MAY 03, 2023

https://www.foodnewslatam.com/productos/65-agricultura/13590-omra-food-comparte-sus-conocimientos-especializados-en-el-wac-2023-congreso-mundial-del-aguacate.html

This technology predicts how the tomato you will eat in your salad will grow

Smart horticulture is here to stay, as it combines technology and human experience for higher quality crops with less environmental impact.

May 02, 2023 | 18:01 pm hrs

GreenTech Americas is the most important international protected horticulture event in the sector and this year it was held in Mexico, specifically in the city of Querétaro.

At the event we were able to learn about a range of technological solutions to increase the production and value of crops but always focused on sustainability.

GreenTech Americas brought together 5,207 professionals from the sector, exhibited more than 200 national and international companies dedicated to protected horticulture, including the New Zealand company WayBeyond, as well as TOMRA Food and Bluelab through their distributors in Mexico; Bumpercrop participated as a visitor in this event.

https://www.elfinanciero.com.mx/opinion/tecnologia-desde-el-otro-lado-del-mundo/2023/05/02/esta-tecnologia-predice-como-crecera-el-tomate-que-comeras-en-tu-ensalada/
Redigert 03.05.2023 kl 22:48 Du må logge inn for å svare
Rect Angel
04.05.2023 kl 23:01 5257

Dette er hva jeg vil kalle 'top pick' når det gjelder nyheter om et selskap man er investert i.

Nestlé er jo ingen hvem som helst, og Nestlé valgte altså Tomra etter også å ha testet ut hva Tomras konkurrenter hadde å tilby. Les bare selv her hva Nestle sier om Tomra Foods teknologi og support. Enjoy.

TOMRA Food’s smart sort technology is best for protecting food safety

By Staff Reporter
May 4, 2023
The goal – continuous improvement

In 2014 at their Nonnweiler, Germany pizza factory, Nestlé dedicated space for a temporary installation and invited a handful of sorting companies to prove their machines’ capabilities – allowing them to run product samples for a couple of weeks.

After extensive testing, research, and validation, Nestlé decided the TOMRA sorter met their needs best and cited the Smart Sort technology as the deciding factor.

“TOMRA Food stood out here with their ability to identify good products and not only remove the defects. The other machines had a longer material setup process but could only identify defects. With the Nimbus, we could train the machine which imperfections to reject while also teaching the machine what desirable products looked like”. Will Hutson, Quality Manager Nestlé R&D.

Optical sorting is vital for product safety

In layman’s terms, the quality check process involves taking the raw material out of totes or cases, putting it through a series of inspections, and then putting it back in totes after it has been determined it is safe and desirable.

The first two examinations see the toppings pass through a bulk X-ray machine and then over a magnet to remove any remaining metals. The final check sees the remaining good materials travel through the TOMRA optical sorter before finally returning to the totes.

“One of the key strategic advantages of this technology is the ability to segregate material defects across an entire batch, and use this data as an input to supplier performance. The ability to partner with your suppliers and provide this type of feedback drives the continuous improvement cycle, ultimately increasing overall consumer satisfaction.” Adam Weber, Senior Expert Supplier Quality Management, Nestlé R&D.

Food trends continually change and stress the importance of an operation’s capacity to adapt quickly. Being agile and evolving to meet the customers’ desires for higher-quality products makes a world of difference. Employing TOMRA sorters has positively impacted Nestlé’s procedure, adding an invaluable point in the process to reduce the risk of foreign matter ending up in the final product for higher quality products makes a world of difference. Employing TOMRA sorters has positively impacted Nestlé’s procedure, adding an invaluable point in the process to reduce the risk of foreign matter ending up in the final product.

95,000 lbs in a one-shift operation

With their TOMRA Nimbus, Nestlé processes around 15 million pounds of raw material here at the Solon, Ohio facility in a year, where they distribute toppings to three other production locations around the United States. The machine’s robust capabilities allow production lines to continue running the highest volumes while also rendering data that allows them to notify suppliers of product quality trends earlier in the supply chain. “Based on our previous equipment testing and the growing relationship, Nestlé trusted TOMRA’s experience and equipment and remains confident in our partnership. The equipment’s quality and reliability minimized the need for support or interaction. After the initial commissioning and training by TOMRA, the local team has been able to operate the unit independently. They’ve barely had to interact with it, except to change a program or recipe to accommodate the different incoming frozen veggies being screened, and that speaks volumes.” Will Hutson, Quality Manager, Nestlé R&D .

Who wants another slice?

Nestlé utilizes TOMRA optical sorters for their Frozen Food operations at Solon (United States) and at their Nonnweiler facility in Germany. A corporate recommendation and Nestlé’s commitment to food quality & safety led to the discovery and implementation of TOMRA sorters. Their dedication to continuous process improvement and offering their customers the highest quality product keeps bringing them back for more. .

https://farmersreviewafrica.com/nestles-pizza-brands-find-that-tomra-foods-smart-sort-technology-is-best-for-protecting-food-safety/
Redigert 05.05.2023 kl 11:18 Du må logge inn for å svare