QEC - Bjorn Inge Tonnessen it might happen!

MC Axel
QEC 10.02.2023 kl 02:29 111384

This deserves its own thread and is possibly the explanation for the increased share volume lately

This is interesting! Watch it!

Quotes: "There's an opening"; "There are signs" ; "The Quebec government.... it could actually happen"

Canada should provide LNG to Europe: expert explains why | Power Play with Vassy Kapelos

CTV News

10. feb.

Bjorn Inge Tonnessen with Questerre Energy says that Canada could play a vital role in providing natural gas resources to Europe.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m8i6fvy1EhQ
TrumpGold
03.04.2023 kl 14:19 5888

Dumpes nå
minsin
03.04.2023 kl 14:29 5808

The Canadian Chamber of Commerces rapport fra 4 okt
https://chamber.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Net-zero-Report_102022-1.pdf

Rapporten som er ventet i dag blir en konkretisering i forhold til LNG utbygging -
Finner det naturlig de foreslår Eksport av LNG over Øst kysten til Europa.
Vi får se om rapporten er så oppdatert mht kostnadene med transport fra west , i såfall vil den highlighte at Gassen hentes opp i Øst Canada - vil iallefall være mindre inngripen i naturen , samt ha en bedre miljø fokus
googleearth11
03.04.2023 kl 14:44 5707

TrumpGold skrev Dumpes nå
Nei, dette er ikke dump
MC Axel
03.04.2023 kl 14:53 5624

👍 fast-track!

Canadian LNG should power low carbon revolution, report says

By The Canadian Press  

Monday, April 3, 2023, 6:22 AM MDT

The report, to be released Monday by the Canadian Chamber of Commerce, urges the federal government to finally get serious about building the infrastructure necessary to fast-track the extraction and export of liquid natural gas.

https://www.jwnenergy.com/article/2023/4/3/canadian-lng-should-power-low-carbon-revolution-re/
minsin
03.04.2023 kl 15:05 5549

hmmm en ting til

En mulig handelskrig mellom USA og Canada ang ‘carbon subsidy war’ vil nok presse Canada til å eksportere bla LNG direkte ut i markedene fremfor å sende gassen til USA.
Slik som kloden er blitt, blir det mer og mer "nasjonalisering" , globaliseringen og samarbeid på tvers av grensene stopper noe opp.
Hvert enkelt land vil da ferdigstille eksport produktene uten innblanding fra andre land - før de leveres direkte til slutt-kunden

Da er det desto viktigere at Canada får anlagt eksport havner på begge sider av landet.
https://www.ft.com/content/4b102da2-5f3e-4046-8d12-ab9e3ca89332

tuja
03.04.2023 kl 15:24 5517

This report makes several key recommendations, including:
1. Recognize natural gas as an essential component of a lower carbon energy mix.
2. Advance the idea that natural gas produced under a carbon price is a superior and more
marketable product.
3. Promote the understanding of the engineering and economics around an eventual transition from
natural gas infrastructure to hydrogen.
4. Build infrastructure to transport Canadian gas across Canada and to global markets.
5. Align and develop more efficient regulatory processes to increase Canadian competitiveness.
6. Work with First Nations across the country to expand their participation in natural gas projects.
7. Pursue a comprehensive initiative to support the conversion from coal- to gas-fired power plants
abroad.
8. Operationalize Article 6 of the Paris Climate Agreement in a manner that will see it become a key
driver of the Canadian natural gas sector’s growth.
Regardless of whether Canada “leaves its resources in the ground,” other countries will not produce or
consume less energy. Doing so could in fact worsen global emissions by making way for dirtier energy
sources and its suppliers.
minsin
03.04.2023 kl 15:29 5498

Rapporten er i sin helhet , gir en knusende dom over myndighetenes( både føderalt og på provins nivå) håndtering av energi krisen i verden.
Er absolutt såpass med slag kraft i rapporten - at myndighetene kommer til å justere sin LNG satsning og tenke på eksport over øst kysten .

Bare å vente på vedtak , de kommer i gang før sommeren er mitt tips

tuja
03.04.2023 kl 15:30 5470

Part 6: A durable natural gas sector
This paper has examined the global natural gas landscape, the nature and evolution of Canada’s natural
gas sector, and the opportunities and challenges it holds. Canadians should be proud that their country’s
natural gas industry comprises first-rate companies that take their economic, social and environmental
obligations seriously. Canada’s regulatory regime is also both robust and inclusive, which is unfortunately
not the case in most countries.
It was previously noted that Canada’s natural gas industry has faced varied public policy signals about its
role in a lower carbon future. The world needs energy regardless — and Canada’s natural gas industry
can deliver it in the right way.
There are several assertions to be made:
• If Canada “leaves its resources in the ground,” other countries will not produce or consume less
energy. This would in fact worsen global emissions by making way for dirtier sources and its
suppliers.
• Not every natural resource or sector is the same. Natural gas has the lowest carbon footprint of
all non-renewable fuel sources.
• Natural gas that is subject to a carbon price should be viewed as superior to that which is not.
In short, the more Canadian natural gas there is on the global market, the better off Canada and the world
will be from a global emissions perspective.
So, how specifically should public policy be aligned to support the goal of making Canada the most
respected and productive natural gas producing nation in the world?
• Recognize natural gas as an essential component of a lower carbon energy mix. Transition
does not mean going from a fully carbon-based to a non-carbon-based energy system overnight.
Changing large scale, complex infrastructure takes time. Moreover, any system that relies on
solar, wind and other sources that produce energy in a variable, non-linear fashion requires a
backstop fuel such as natural gas to smooth out the peaks and valleys and ensure system
reliability. Natural gas is the key enabler for reducing overall carbon emissions quickly. There is
much that Canada can and should do domestically and internationally to support this shift.
• Advance the idea that natural gas produced under a carbon price is a superior and more
marketable product. Only two of the top 10 natural gas producers have an economy-wide price
on carbon. In many market segments, companies are not only measuring their emissions but
preferring to source from carbon-efficient and sustainable producers. This type of segmentation
based on sustainability will likely continue to grow, and Canadian natural gas should be at the
forefront.
• Understand the engineering and economics around an eventual transition of natural gas
infrastructure to hydrogen. Every major natural gas producer globally is thinking about
hydrogen, especially green hydrogen. Broadly speaking, it appears to have the advantage of
using the same type of infrastructure as natural gas. Being able to piggyback on existing
infrastructure would be an enormous advantage in hydrogen’s scaling process. In addition to
investing in hydrogen research, the Government of Canada should move to understand what
specifically would be involved in converting gas infrastructure to hydrogen and what the cost
structure would look like. This knowledge would help clarify the long-term economics of gas
pipeline investments, for example.

• Build infrastructure to transport Canadian gas to all parts of Canada and global markets. A
decade from now, Canada should have robust LNG export terminals on both the West and East
Coasts. There is a role for government in not only permitting these facilities, but perhaps even
financing them directly or through guarantees. This support could facilitate upfront Indigenous
involvement. Expanding pipeline capacity to service these terminals is also fundamental. For
example, those seeking to convert the Saint John terminal into an export facility still saw the need
for U.S. gas because the terminal is not sufficiently connected via pipeline to Canadian gas fields.
In this case, an integrated Canadian solution would be the preferable option. Separately, the
government and the industry should undertake a study to define the costs and examine the
advantages associated with using temporary floating LNG export terminals. This could be an
option to get export capacity in place faster.
• Align and make more efficient regulatory processes to advance Canadian
competitiveness. Federal–provincial regulatory collaboration is essential to project success.
Work must be done to ensure that the service standards for review of projects permitting set forth
by the CER are met. Benchmarking of the nature and speed of Canadian project permitting
processes against key peers — including the United States, Norway, and Australia — should also
be undertaken and the findings made publicly available. Recommendations on how to shorten the
permitting process without lowering standards should also be put forward.
• Work with First Nations across the country to expand their participation in natural gas
projects. This includes discussing with interested partners lessons for expanding the number of
First Nations-led natural gas projects and accelerating their regulatory review processes. Groups
such as the FNMPC should be worked with closely, following the understanding that economic
opportunity for First Nations can be a key part of the broader reconciliation process.
• Pursue a comprehensive initiative to support the conversion from coal- to gas-fired power
plants abroad. Financing for power plant conversions should be underpinned with long-term
supply contracts for Canadian natural gas, and it should be ensured that agreements cover
essential goods and services as well as ongoing maintenance.
• Operationalize Article 6 of the Paris Climate Agreement in a manner that will see it become
a key driver of growth for the Canadian natural gas sector. Article 6 enables companies and
governments from different countries to share or trade carbon credits under what’s called the
Internationally Transferable Mitigation Outcomes (ITMOs). Participating entities can exchange
credits in such a way that they are either incented to deploy technologies that reduce carbon
emissions or to switch from higher to lower carbon power sources (e.g., from coal to natural gas).
The Trade Commissioner’s Service and Export Development Canada should pursue a dedicated
strategy to switch out coal-fired power infrastructure to cleaner, Canadian natural gas-powered
infrastructure around the world. This initiative could not only support natural gas exports but an
array of services, technology, and materials exports. Canada should use the global carbon
market framework to build a stronger Canadian natural gas sector and a cleaner world.
Fjellbris
03.04.2023 kl 15:32 5478

En svært positiv rapport. Ting er i ferd med å snu politisk nå, og som mange av oss har skrevet lenge, en vinn/vinn for Québec å åpne opp for utvinning / endre Bill21 vs betale ut enorm erstatning samtidig som man sitter «stille i båten» og ser på energikrisen mange land opplever pga Putin og Russland. Igjen, energi leveranser som politikerne nå skal ta stilling til gjelder for generasjoner, de fleste land kommer aldri igjen til å gjøre seg avhengig av Russland mtp leveranse av olje/gass.
Redigert 03.04.2023 kl 15:33 Du må logge inn for å svare
MC Axel
03.04.2023 kl 15:49 5355

It highlights everything that has been wrong in Canada regarding LNG etc

We can look forward to a wild debate in the Canadian media in the coming days 😁
tuja
03.04.2023 kl 15:50 5347

Enig. Dette var en knusende, positiv rapport. Blir vanskelig å ikke endre bill 21 nå.
minsin
03.04.2023 kl 15:55 5323

Bare å glemme erstatning fra Lowlands nå, myndighetene både sentralt og på provins nivå kommer til å bruke rapporten som rettesnor...
Rapporten er klar og at Canada må eksportere LNG gass for å få ned globale utslipp!

Tror nok Legualt endelig har funnet argumenter nok til å endre Bill21 ..
LNG besøk av Scholtz ,Japan(Fumio Kishida), Ursula og nå denne rapporten holder i massevis

Redigert 03.04.2023 kl 15:56 Du må logge inn for å svare
googleearth11
03.04.2023 kl 15:58 5305

Får håpe at både Fjellbris, Tuja og Minsin får rett. Er fortsatt litt skeptisk (egentlig uten grunn) - rett og slett fordi det er vanskelig å forutse hva fransk-canadierne kan finne på. Men det ser unektelig lyst ut. :-)
Fjellbris
03.04.2023 kl 16:02 5308

Minsin, håper og tror du får rett, men spretter ikke noe champis før endelig bekreftelse fra Québec vedr. oppheving Bill 21. Men, sitter uansett helt rolig da QEC pt uten Québec og Jordan forvarer langt høyere kurs enn kr 2, som vi har gjentatt her inne nå noen ganger😉
hgsd33
03.04.2023 kl 16:10 5362

«Passed in June 2022 with little fanfare (except perhaps for some craft beer toasts among environmental lobbyists), Bill 21 indeed froze what was quite a frenzy of natural gas exploration and development activity in Quebec, notably in the St. Lawrence River lowlands.»

Bill 21 hang vel i en tynn tråd før denne rapporten, nå tenker jeg det diskuteres heftig blant politikere og lobby folk.

https://qcna.qc.ca/news/in-a-changing-energy-world-will-caq-rethink-the-other-bill-21

Yzf R1
03.04.2023 kl 16:12 5345

We very much enjoyed our meeting with Japan Ambassador Mr. Kanji Yamanouchi. We discussed Canada’s Indo-Pacific Strategy and the role we can play in contributing to his country’s energy security by supplying lower emission natural gas to Japan

https://twitter.com/OilGasCanada/status/1642885823459729411?t=QasJgouzS3sp9644ziSMjw&s=19
minsin
03.04.2023 kl 16:17 5347

Anså Bill 21 død , allerede da jeg begynte å kjøpe meg inn i Juni i fjor- nå er imidlertidig spikern satt i kista!

Rapporten er såpass knall hard mot myndighetene og deres miljø praksis - at jeg vil tro politikerne sentralt og på provins nivå må bruke rapporten som en rettesnor på fremtidig satsning. Blir heftige debatter rundt dette - og politikerne må endre sitt synspunkt snarlig, hvis ikke er fallhøyden svært så stor.

Kommer vel snarlige kommentarer fra både Wilkinson , Trudeau & Legualt. Men først dukker nok Poilievre opp med sin knusende dom ! :-)

Aksjen skal utvilsomt laaangt nordover - den kommende tiden !

Glem ikke G7 møte i midten av april
https://sdg.iisd.org/events/g7-ministers-meeting-on-climate-energy-and-environment-2023/

Innen den tid har nok politikerne i Canada fått "justert" seg litt, ting kan skje fort nå

Redigert 03.04.2023 kl 16:20 Du må logge inn for å svare
Trollveggen
03.04.2023 kl 16:27 5288

Rystad Energy ser for seg ein oljepris på 110 dollar til sommaren som følge av oljekutt..👍
mofi1
03.04.2023 kl 16:34 5238

Flott jobba, minsin!

Det gjenstår å se hvilke direkte følger dette får for Questerre før kursen tar av. I dag har det vært en posisjonering og mer vil komme, men vi må få offisielle uttalelser før vi helt kan tro på dette, siden tilbakeslagene har vært så mange.
Redigert 03.04.2023 kl 17:09 Du må logge inn for å svare
Peter Sellers
03.04.2023 kl 19:26 5515

@minsin, er på påsketur og har ikke fått lest igjennom hva som er på gang men har oppfattet at noe er i ferd med å skje både med Bill21 og kursen, håper vi endelig kan puste lettet ut at noe radikalt kan skje i Québec!! Flott med kursen i dag!!😃
comedian
03.04.2023 kl 19:56 5461

Mike dukket opp på youtube for en time siden...
We don't need the government to admit their mistake.... We just need them to change their policy =)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy2MudjEIXk
VIP001
03.04.2023 kl 21:05 5252

Intervjuet er fra 29. desember 2022.. men interessant uansett.
Redigert 03.04.2023 kl 21:05 Du må logge inn for å svare
TrumpGold
03.04.2023 kl 23:24 4924

Toronto børsen fulgte Oslo
0,27 CAD tilsvarer 2,06 Nok.
kiza42
04.04.2023 kl 00:31 4763

Dette klippet ble lagt ut for 6 timer siden og baser på samtalen hører vi at det er dagsaktuelt. Der ligger er Anne klipp om er ca 2-3 med gammelt.
Fjellbris
04.04.2023 kl 00:51 4757

Absolutt verdt. å lytte på, takk for info og linken!👍
Likte også den med ny t skjorte til MB: Lets do it!😀
Redigert 04.04.2023 kl 00:52 Du må logge inn for å svare
VIP001
04.04.2023 kl 01:30 4731

Altså dette er fra en podcast fra 29. des. 2022 som de har lagt ut på YouTube. Det står også på siden: Episode Cut DECEMBER 29, 2022.
Trykk på link på YouTube så kommer du til den opprinnelige episoden.

Men uansett like aktuelt i dag.
MC Axel
04.04.2023 kl 08:02 4352

OwnerzzZ

@0wnerzzz

Questerre $QEC gained 14% on approx. 4 x average volume today (Oslo exchange). This was largest price and volume increase since John Ivison's piece in

@nationalpost

February

"nationalpost.com

John Ivison: Quebec’s ban on fossil fuels could be fracturing"

https://mobile.twitter.com/0wnerzzz/status/1642942181437587486
Redigert 04.04.2023 kl 08:03 Du må logge inn for å svare
Billyjojimbob
04.04.2023 kl 08:09 4301

Her er det fenomenalt potensiale👍
googleearth11
04.04.2023 kl 08:28 4224

Den type synsing som Axel alltid henviser til - og da gjerne på flere tråder samtidig, er uinteressant i det store bildet. Det er KUN en tydelig uttalelse fra enten Trudeau eller Legault som kan endre spillet i Quebec. Alle andre raringer som måtte skrive leserbrev eller Twittre, påvirker ikke kursen i Qec. :-)
Redigert 04.04.2023 kl 08:28 Du må logge inn for å svare
søkeren
04.04.2023 kl 08:36 4231

Burde ikke du opprette en egen "tråd" for deg og de som bruker tid på å følge dine meninger?
Det er ikke behov for " overdommer" her!
Redigert 04.04.2023 kl 08:42 Du må logge inn for å svare
Billyjojimbob
04.04.2023 kl 08:41 4355

Fint med ulik strategi,men løser det seg her blir det større enn størst🤠👍
googleearth11
04.04.2023 kl 08:53 4271

Det har da ikke noe med overdommer å gjøre. Litt lei av de endeløse leserbrevene det henvises til gang på gang - som da gjerne også er utdatert på tid, som har null betydning. Kan ikke heller du starte en egen tråd der alle leker heiagjeng i et ekkokammer? Er det ikke bedre å forsøke å få fram seriøs informasjon, slik Minsin mfl klarer å få til? Å gjenta vrøvl til det kjedsommelig får ikke vrøvlet til å bli mer troverdig. Mener du det er feil å drive kildekritikk mot all den informasjonen som flyter på nettet? I så fall kan det være greit å påpeke. Det er flere som er usikre på om de skal inn i aksjen eller ikke. Da kan det være greit å kanskje få litt hjelp til å sortere litt.
Redigert 04.04.2023 kl 08:54 Du må logge inn for å svare
søkeren
04.04.2023 kl 08:55 4252

Hva bidrar du med?
googleearth11
04.04.2023 kl 10:49 3923

Nope. Jeg kommer med virkeligheten, og gidder ikke allverdens tåpelige utopier.