Doblingskandidat

sokaratest
PHO 11.05.2023 kl 14:56 21152

DnB mener Pho skal mer enn doble seg

Update - PhotoCure (Pharm. & Biotechnology, Norway)
Recommendation: Buy
Target price: NOK 115.00

Stable start to 2023

Sales beat our estimate by 3%. Q1 sales were cNOK106.2m (product sales of cNOK105.9m), c3% above our estimate, with the US market in line with our forecast and the beat stemming from the European market. Photocure's sales focus in 2023 will likely be on building the installed base of the new Saphira system and increasing utilisation at clients with BLCs. The aim is to have the whole US market upgraded to the Saphira system within a few years.

Rapid pace of new BLC installations in the US market. In Q1, c30 new Saphira systems were installed (18 new accounts and 12 accounts that upgraded from the old system). No flexible systems were installed, as Karl Storz is set to cease supporting these products at the end of the year.

No major news on the re-classification of BLC technology in the US. In a best-case scenario, the BLC technology could be down-classified by the end of this year in the US. The public commentary period in the citizen petition for down-classification ends on 25 May, but there are no statutory timelines for the FDA to act on in these cases.

2023 guidance reiterated. Photocure reiterated its guidance of 65–75 new BLC installations in 2023, underlying product growth of above 20% and a positive EBITDA (excluding business development costs). This was in line with our expectation.

Some post-pandemic headwinds remain. Despite the solid Q1 results, some post-pandemic headwinds remain. The shortage of healthcare staff should take time to resolve, and the health care system's capital equipment budgets are under pressure in some areas.

BUY and NOK115 target price reiterated. We have made only minor adjustments to our forecasts and believe that Q1 was a step in the right direction but that additional quarters with healthy growth are needed to restore confidence in the company and the stock.
Lordstock
09.06.2023 kl 16:01 5270

I see that many flexible scopes are Class II and not class III as PHO's BLC or Stolz's BLC. Does anyone know why ? is it because it is a combination device of video and blue light ?
Redigert 09.06.2023 kl 16:02 Du må logge inn for å svare
Lordstock
09.06.2023 kl 16:24 5246

Yes I read you post and agree with the upside from where they are today even without the Flex BLC, but I'm afraid that Flex BLC is the biggest upside and the one I found most interesting. I don't believe PHO can keep costs steady, so increasing sales 200-250 mill to react profitability seems optimistic, not that you claim that.
HrDuck
09.06.2023 kl 16:35 5210

Increasing sales by 200-250 mill to reach profitability is in my view not even close to a correct assumption. Gross margin is around 93-94% (ex european part and the earn-out to Ipsen).
My guess for what is ahead: Within 12 months (probably more like 6 months) we will have a conclusion for Cevira. If positive then there will be milestone-payment(s) and i guess that will increase the likelyhood for Pho remaining as an independent company.
If not i think that hex/cys will have increased future value within a bigger company already serving the sector.
peaf
12.06.2023 kl 06:43 4912

Skal bare skrive hva eg trur, klasse 2 og 3 er hva flexiscopen brukes til, og der med havner de i et klassifisert sterliseringskrav. Klasse 2 er standard for bruk i undersøkelser og har strenge sterliseringskrav, mens klasse 3 er flexiscope med kirurgiskt bruk og ekstreme sterliseringskrav. Der er det bare Karl Storz sine flexiscope som er godkjent i USA. Men flexiscope som har mange rørlige deler gjør at de ikke kan bruke samme materialer som i de stive scopen. Og den steriliseringsvætske som kreves i klasse 3 sliter på materialet i flexiscopen, og krever mye vedlikehold for at fungere optimalt.

Det blir for dyrt og krever mye ekstra av brukere og Karl Storz, i Europa er det bare krav til klasse 2 sterlisering og det fungerer utmerket. Om jeg ikke husker feil så vart
flexiscopen i USA levert med feil sterliseringsprosedyre i begynnelsen, og blev hotad med at miste godkjennelsen. Men det er vel derfor det har komt engangsscope på markedet da sterliseringsprosedyren krever mye. Man skall vel tro at FDA finner ut at fordelerne med flexiscope langt på vei oppveier risken for infeksjoner, da flexiscop brukes i store mengder i dag med klasse 2 sterlisering uten problemer.
Men da er vel veien open for at WLC flexiscope og kan brukes i turbt, men for pasienter må det vare en stor førdel at slippe narkose.
Lordstock
16.06.2023 kl 15:20 4509

Doesn't look like sterilization or cleaning requirement is the terminating factor, but rather risk and safety. Will have to read through the financial reports to find more info.

The classification of medical devices by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is based on the level of control necessary to ensure the safety and effectiveness of the device. The FDA has established three main classes for medical devices: Class I, Class II, and Class III. Class II and Class III are considered higher-risk classes compared to Class I. Here are the key differences between FDA Class 2 and Class 3 classifications:

Level of Risk: Class II devices are generally considered to have a moderate level of risk, while Class III devices are considered to have a higher level of risk. Class II devices are typically non-invasive and have a known history of safety and effectiveness. Class III devices, on the other hand, often sustain or support life, are implanted, or pose a significant risk to health if they fail or are misused.

Regulatory Process: Class II devices follow a general control approach called the 510(k) pathway. Manufacturers must demonstrate substantial equivalence to a legally marketed predicate device in terms of safety and effectiveness. Class III devices, on the other hand, require a more rigorous premarket approval (PMA) process. Manufacturers must provide extensive scientific evidence to demonstrate the safety and effectiveness of the device.

Clinical Data Requirements: Class II devices usually require less clinical data compared to Class III devices. Class II devices may rely on existing data, literature references, or non-clinical testing to establish their safety and effectiveness. In contrast, Class III devices typically require comprehensive clinical studies and evidence to support their safety and efficacy.

Post-Market Surveillance: Class II devices generally have less stringent post-market surveillance requirements compared to Class III devices. Class III devices are subject to more extensive monitoring and may require additional post-approval studies to ensure ongoing safety and effectiveness.

Labeling Requirements: Class III devices often have more detailed labeling requirements compared to Class II devices. This includes providing detailed instructions for use, warnings, precautions, and contraindications to ensure safe and effective device use.

FDA Review Time: Due to the more rigorous regulatory process and clinical data requirements, the FDA review time for Class III devices is typically longer compared to Class II devices. The PMA process for Class III devices involves a comprehensive review by the FDA, which can take several months or even years.

It's important to note that these are general differences, and there may be specific variations depending on the device and its intended use. Manufacturers should work closely with the FDA to understand the specific requirements for their medical devices based on their classification.

User
if a medical device requires better cleaning or sterilixzaton than another device would that be ground for different classification of the devices
ChatGPT
The need for better cleaning or sterilization alone would not typically be grounds for a different classification of medical devices by the FDA. The classification of a medical device is primarily based on the level of risk it poses to the patient and the regulatory controls necessary to ensure its safety and effectiveness.

The FDA classifies medical devices based on factors such as their intended use, indications for use, level of invasiveness, duration of contact with the body, and potential risks to the patient or user. While the need for more stringent cleaning or sterilization procedures may be an important aspect of ensuring the safety and effectiveness of a device, it is typically addressed through specific regulatory controls and guidance documents rather than by changing the device's classification.

For instance, the FDA may provide specific guidance on cleaning and sterilization requirements for certain types of medical devices, regardless of their classification. Manufacturers are expected to follow these guidelines to ensure proper cleaning and sterilization procedures for their devices.

It's worth noting that if a device's design or complexity significantly affects its cleaning or sterilization requirements, it may be considered a factor in determining the appropriate classification. However, this consideration would be part of a broader assessment of the device's risks and regulatory controls, rather than a sole determining factor for reclassifying the device.
peaf
17.06.2023 kl 05:18 4313

Ja det er langversjonen og beskriver regler. Men kortversjonen er at Karl Storz BLC flexiscope er eksagt de samme i Europa og USA, de brukes og fungerer likedant.
Det ende som skiller dem er at vid bruk i TURBT i USA må de bruke en klasse 3 sterliseringsprosedyre, og den skaper problemer for scopen vid gjentatt bruk. FDA har ikke trekkt tilbake brukstillatelsen eller krever noe spesielt må gjøres med scopen. Det er Karl Storz som beslutet at legge ned bruk og salg av flexiscope når de må bruke den sterliseringsprosedyren som kreves vid TURBT i USA i dag.

Det er heller ingen annen scopeprodusent som bruker flexiscope i turbt i USA, men i Europa bruker de både WLC og BLC flexiscope i turbt med det som regnes som klasse 2 sterliseringsprosedyre i USA.
Og poenget er at vil USA ha flexiscope i TURBT må de senke kravet på sterlisering til samme nivå som de har på flexiscope vid bruk til undersøkelse.
Vi kan vel ikke gjøre annet en at ta Karl Storz beslut til etterrettelse, og innse at det blir ikke noen flexiturbt før FDA nedklassifiserer kravet til klasse 2.

Det som er sørgeligt er at det blev brukt en masse penger på fase 3 studie for at få dem godkjent, og PHO har brukt massevis med penger på at selge dem med tap.
Hadde Karl Storz solgt dem selv hadde de fått tatt smellen, og de har rygg at bære den på med en omsettning på 10 miliarder i året. Dette burde vart fanget opp tidligare og ikke ta 5 år innen de gjør noe med det, problemet har tydligen vart der fra dag 1. Men at skape vekst til envar pris går tydligen først.
peaf
19.06.2023 kl 11:42 3949

Nå er jeg alvorlig lei av at se kursen rase i et selskap der inntekterne står på rad at forverkliges vilken dag som helst. Og årsaken er en udugelig sjef som ikke klarer selge eller informere aksjonærerne om hva som venter fra Kina. TOP 20 øker litt men bare om aksjerne er billige nok, kan vi regne med at Briarwood og Lannebo har fått nok snart og finner en sjef som tenker avkastning. Jeg lever på håpet at det skjer snart, det må vare grenser på hvor lenge man får lov at underprestere.
risksøker
19.06.2023 kl 14:58 3805

Når jeg ser på product pipeline til Asieris. ser jeg at den baren for Cevira ikke har gjort noen fremskritt heller har gått litt tilbake. Jeg forstår at vi er på overtid å få resultatet av phase III, den baren burde vel vist nær complete?
peaf
22.06.2023 kl 11:02 3513

Ja nå er kursen lite drygt over 4 usd, når Schneider tiltredde var den ca 6 usd. Det betyr ned ca 30 %, og i Euro er den ned drygt 20 % fast nær all omsettning er i de to valutaer. Er det fortsatt noen som mener han er rett man for jobben. Og han betalte 166 mil for Ipsen rettigheterne, som han klart få at gå fra ca 60 mil i avkastning til minus og dessuten bare halvdelen av Norden inntekterne finns kvar.
Han tjente totalt 13 mil i fjor, man kan undre hvorfor noen vil betale han så mye når han aldri presterer noe vettigt. Jeg har sagt det i åravis at han er odugelig, og nå har han verkeligen bevist det og. Og han fikk en 2,7 milliardes avtale i fanget som han heller ikke har klart at formiddle til noen. Nå bør det vare nok de må få han vekk innen han kan få gleden av Cevira avtalen som han ikke har bidratt til på noe sett.
Redigert 22.06.2023 kl 11:04 Du må logge inn for å svare
Lordstock
22.06.2023 kl 12:53 3427

Yes it might be as you say, can't find anything else on the classification issue.
Found that the American Urologi Assossiation only suggest to use BLC on certain terms (second option). Do you know what PHO are doing to have AUA and other organisation recommend BLC as the first choice ? Since BLC save lives and finds x more cancers patients PHO must have done comparative studies to show the great economy in using blc vs white light.
The AUA guidelines state that blue light cystoscopy can be considered in patients with known or suspected bladder cancer who are at increased risk of having additional tumors (high-risk non-muscle invasive bladder cancer or carcinoma in situ) or who have previously failed conventional white light cystoscopy. It is particularly useful for the detection of flat or small tumors that may be difficult to visualize under white light cystoscopy alone.
Redigert 22.06.2023 kl 12:54 Du må logge inn for å svare
peaf
22.06.2023 kl 14:00 3373

Den er litt vanskelig at svare utfyllende på. Men det er korrekt at BLC ser de minste tumørerne og c.i.s som de kan fjerne i turbt, og der med tar det lengre tid for återfall en vid bare WLC. Men vid WLC etterbehandler de med BCG etter ca 6 uker som de regner med at det dreper kreften de ikke ser og. Og da blir resultaten ganske likverdige. Men om urologen har større fortjenste vid en BCG behandling som er mer omfattende og dermed foredrar den vet eg ikke, men det meste går på penger i USA.
Merlin
23.06.2023 kl 16:59 3093

Betydelig mer bivirkninger med BCG enn med Cysview: Common side effects of BCG include needing to urinate more often; burning or pain when urinating; blood in the urine; a mild fever; and tiredness. These side effects usually last a couple of days after each BCG treatment session. Less often, the BCG may spread through the body and can affect any organ. -- Reported complications include peritonitis (85), choroiditis (75), parotitis (86), and an infected cardiac conduction device (87).
Redigert 23.06.2023 kl 17:01 Du må logge inn for å svare
JosefK
23.06.2023 kl 17:46 3049

There are tons of data of the kind you ask for. I remember it to be a topic 10 years ago. This article is from 2015:

https://healthcare-in-europe.com/en/news/effectiveness-safety-cost-of-fluorescence-cystoscopy.html

You might want to read the references.

Almirante
26.06.2023 kl 09:42 2734

Enda en short satt? Fatter ikke at den kan bare falle og falle..
Slettet bruker
26.06.2023 kl 10:59 2681

Bare nisser som trenger feriepenger som selger. Mikroskopiske volun.
peaf
26.06.2023 kl 11:05 2674

Det er hoppløst at gjemføre BLC med WLC da urologer ser på WLC som en kombibehandling med BCG, og det er de resultaten som BLC helst skall overgå.
Men her er litt om vad det koster med BCG behandling i USA i året. Det burde vare muligt at konkurrere med det, med bare BLC turbt.
https://www.utmb.edu/news/article/utmb-news/2021/03/31/new-study-looks-at-long-term-outcomes-and-costs-of-high-risk-non-muscle-invasive-bladder-cancer-treatment

Men studien i Kina ser bare på hvor mange tumører de finner først med WLC og der etter med BLC i samme operasjon. Og der burde de finne betydligt flere tumører med BLC, men hva de behandler dem med etter turbt fremgår ikke. Men jeg trur kineserne gjerne kutter ut BCG om det er muligt at nå gode resultat uten den behandlingen, og det bør det la seg kunne gjøres om de tar oppfølgningen med BLC flexiscope og Hexvix. Da de finner de nye tumørerne og kan fjerne de med turbt i steden for BCG. Det er og mange som ikke reagerer på BCG og må ha annen behandling, mens BLC turbt tar alt som vises.

Men det blir opp til Asieris og Sinopharm at legge en strattegi om hvordan hva som er beste behandling. Men jeg har betydligt mer tru på dem en jeg har på Schneider, som ikke helt førstår hvordan saker og ting virker. Men Hestdal var på vei med sin terapuetiske effekt når han fikk sparken.
Nå skall jo hexvix studien i kina snart vare ferdig, så for vi vel lite mere opplysninger om hva som skjer fremover. Kansje til og med PHO kan informere om royalty avtalen med asieris og, det burde vare en plikt når det rør seg om en så enormt stor marked.

Og får de det til at fungere i KIna med en bedre og rimligare behandling, så sprer det seg antagligen ut i verden og.
Almirante
26.06.2023 kl 12:42 2570

Er nok den ynkeligste aksjen på OSE, rett og slett pill råtten og elendig. Er 50 % ned, så får ikke gjort noe annet enn å være super-tålmodig.
Lordstock
26.06.2023 kl 19:57 2436

Thank you I thought so.
Therefore I am surprised that BLC is not SOC / 1st option in AUA's protocol.
Obviously physicians already have WLC, but using BLC will detect the C much earlier, so AUA and the like should prefer the use of BLC as SOC.
What is holding them back , I am confused ??
Lordstock
26.06.2023 kl 20:05 2422

Sounds good.
Getting BLC and Hexvix up the list as preferred tech for detecting C should be a top priority for both our partners, Cancer organisations and PHO themself.
Someone should ask PHO on next call what is being done and what the status is.
peaf
27.06.2023 kl 10:40 2250

Hvor går smertegrensen for udugligt styre og ledelse, de som klart gjøre lønnsome investeringer olønnsomme. Er det en grense på kursfallet som får investorerne at gripe inn og begynne effektivisere driften. Eller låter de det bare skure og gå, vi får vel håpe den nye styremedlemen til Briarwood ser hvor skon klemmer og kommer med noen løsninger snart. Vi vet at pengerne finns der reden, men forvaltningen av dem er straffbart dårlig. Presis som informasjonen om de store muligheterne som de har utlisensiert til Asieris i Kina

Får Robert Blatt Egberth til at avgå snart, eller tvinger han Egberth til at seie opp Schneider. Noe må i alle fall gjøres, det er en katastrofal utvikkling som vart siste ett og halvt år nå.
Redigert 27.06.2023 kl 10:41 Du må logge inn for å svare
Commodore27
27.06.2023 kl 12:06 2177

Tror dere må forandre overskriften til: Halveringskandidat. Kursen er i hvert fall halvert siste 6mnd. Kanskje en ny halvering står for tur
Det er vel intet norsk selskap som har lykkes i Statene
peaf
30.06.2023 kl 07:10 1891

Nå er det snart 5 mnd sen siste pasient var ferdigbehandlet i Cevira studien, og ingen resultater er komt. Kan det vare samkjøringen med Europadelen som gjør at det drar ut i tid. Kommer det en godkjenning neste uke eller neste måned, det vet vi ikke men det blir med all sikkerhet i år. Og det er ganske utroligt at kursen skall ligge og vake rundt 45 kr, når sannsynligheten for en godkjenning kommer nærmere for var dag som går. En perfekt start på juli vore at Schneider fikk fyken og noen dag senere melder Asieris at Cevira er godkjent og milepæler skall betales ut.
risksøker
06.07.2023 kl 11:21 1493

Photocure Partner Asieris announces completion of enrollment for Hexvix Phase III clinical trial in China

Press Release – Oslo, Norway, July 6, 2023: Photocure ASA (OSE: PHO), the Bladder Cancer Company, announces that its partner Asieris Pharmaceuticals (SSE: 688176) has communicated today that it has completed patient enrollment for the Hexvix® Phase III bridging trial.

The objective of the multicenter Phase III trial is to support regulatory approval of Hexvix in Mainland China. The bridging trial is intended to confirm results from prior clinical trials regarding the safety and detection benefits of blue light cystoscopy (BLC®) with Hexvix compared to white light cystoscopy in the diagnosis of non-muscle invasive bladder cancer (NMIBC) in a Chinese population. The clinical trial follows the same protocols for registration studies in countries where Hexvix already has market authorization.

This study is being led by Peking Union Medical College Hospital and the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences. Professor Li Hanzhong, head of the Department of Surgery at Peking Union Medical College Hospital, is serving as the Principal Investigator, leading a team of top experts in the field of bladder cancer in China to carry out this study. Asieris plans to file a new drug application with the National Medical Products Administration (NMPA) in the future, pending clinical trial progress and meaningful data.

Asieris Pharmaceuticals is a global biopharma company specializing in discovering, developing and commercializing innovative drugs for the treatment of genitourinary tumors and other related diseases.

In January 2021, Asieris entered into a license agreement with Photocure ASA to obtain the exclusive registration and commercialization rights of Hexvix in mainland China and Taiwan.
In December 2021, 2021, Hexvix obtained initial clinical use in the Boao Lecheng International Medical Tourism Pilot Zone in Hainan Province, when the first patient received blue light cystoscopy with Hexvix at the Hainan General Hospital. The phase III clinical trial obtained approval from the NMPA in the first quarter of 2022 and Hexvix was subsequently included in the real-world clinical data pilot program.

Read Asieris’ full media release here: https://asieris.com/hexvix-a-diagnostic-drug-for-bladder-cancer-of-asieris-has-completed-the-phase-iii-bridging-trial-enrollment/

The trial is registered here: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT05600322

Note to editors:

All trademarks mentioned in this release are protected by law and are
peaf
06.07.2023 kl 12:24 1396

Ja det åpner snart et marked som er større en USA og Europa tilsammen, og refusjon er reden innvilged og med godkjenningen får PHO ca 15 mil. Det bør vare en enkel sak at få godkjenning da de bare teller antallet flere tumører de finner med blått lys. Og i samarbeidsavtalen med Sinopharm står Hexvix som første produkt de skall selge og matkedsføre i Kina. Så en av verdens største salgsorginisasjoner står redo at selge produktet i Kina og Taiwan, vilket bedder for betydligt større gjenomslagskraft hos myndigheter og sykehus. Trur de klarer overtyge helsemyndiheter betydligt bedre en ett litet selskap. Men det vil vise seg, jeg trur Sinopharm ser muligheter i BLC behandling.
Merlin
06.07.2023 kl 14:21 1252

15 mill + Photocure royalties on product sales.