Tomra - ekspanderer kraftig i Afrika. Australia med storsatsing

Kommentatoren
TOM 02.03.2020 kl 11:00 1012

God formiddag og velkommen til en ny uke med Norges superselskap Tomra Systems. Ingen kombi klinger vel bedre innen finans i disse tider enn VEKST + BÆREKRAFT, og VEKST + BÆREKRAFT det er Tomra Systems det. Her er nyheten om at Tomra ekspanderer kraftig i "sub Saharan Africa" samtidig som de føderale myndighetene i Australia bebuder storsatsing på infrastruktur for resirkulering, ikke minst av plast. Tomra har som kjent et meget godt fotfeste i Australia... I artikkelen om storsatsingen på bærekraft i Australia er det mye mer å lese hvis man følger linken.

New headquarters affirm TOMRA Sorting Mining’s commitment to southern Africa

Published by Jessica Casey, Editorial Assistant

Global Mining Review, Monday, 02 March 2020 09:15

TOMRA has opened new regional headquarters in Johannesburg to strengthen its commitment to customers in southern Africa.

This initiative is designed to enhance customer care through better technical support, service and training, and to ensure prompt availability of spare parts. The move will improve operational efficiencies by bringing together under one roof all three TOMRA business divisions: mining, recycling, and food.

TOMRA’s new facilities are housed in a two-story, 1800 m2 building which accommodates offices, a warehouse, spare parts area, two training rooms, and three meeting rooms connected to TOMRA’s global network of more than 4000 employees. The building’s location on the edge of the Longmeadow Business Estate, Edenvale, to the north-east of Johannesburg, is conveniently close to major road networks and the city’s airport.

Albert du Preez, Senior Vice-President and Head of TOMRA Mining, commented: “This investment affirms TOMRA’s commitment to southern Africa. This is a growing market, and one the company takes seriously. The 26-strong team operating out of the new headquarters will support customers in South Africa and all other countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.

With the mineral industry such a valuable source of export earnings, it is hugely important to national economies in Sub-Saharan Africa. The African continent can produce up to 500 tpy of gold and accounts for a large share of the world’s diamonds. In April 2020, a 1758 carat diamond, one of the largest in recorded history, was recovered in Botswana through TOMRA X-Ray Transmission sorting technology. South Africa is also a crucial global supplier of chrome ore and ferrochrome, exporting 8.5 million t of ferrochrome annually, mostly to China, and the company’s sorting solutions are ideal for the production of these minerals.

In fact, TOMRA manufactures sensor-based sorting solutions for almost every mineral application: diamonds, industrial minerals, ferrous metal, non-ferrous metal, slag metals, and coal and other fuels.

Speaking from the new South African headquarters, Helga van Lochem, Sales Manager of TOMRA Sorting Mining, said: “Opening new premises confirms TOMRA’s belief in southern Africa as a big player in the global market, and its commitment to supporting mining businesses here in the long-term. Investment in sorting solutions pays back handsomely, and the new training facility in Johannesburg can empower customers to get the most from the company’s profit-enhancing technologies.”

https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/02032020/new-headquarters-affirm-tomra-sorting-minings-commitment-to-southern-africa/

ESG Focus: Aussie Government To Invest In Plastic Recycling
ESG Focus | 9:42 AM

The Federal Government has announced that it will invest in the Australian recycling industry, starting with an overhaul of its procurement laws. 2020 promises to be a busy year.

By Sarah Mills

Changes to government procurement rules

The sustainability push is starting in Australia.

The Federal Government is set to announce an overhaul of Commonwealth procurement rules to give a leg-up to recycling in Australia, and drive a green jobs boom.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison is set to outline a three-point recycling plan at the National Plastics Summit in Canberra on Monday, and is about to set the first environmental sustainability trigger for federal contracts.

It follows the government’s announcement last year for Australia’s 2025 National Packaging Targets for recycling, and confirms the government’s willingness to incentivise new recycling infrastructure, given that recycled plastic is more expensive than virgin plastic.

“We will be changing the Commonwealth Procurement Guidelines to make sure every procurement undertaken by a Commonwealth agency considers environmental sustainability and use of recycled content as a factor in determining value for money,” said Mr Morrison.

The news follows a decision by Infrastructure Australia to list national waste and recycling management as one of five national high-priority initiatives.

https://www.fnarena.com/index.php/2020/03/02/esg-focus-aussie-government-to-invest-in-plastic-recycling/
Redigert 02.03.2020 kl 11:12 Du må logge inn for å svare
KanonBra5
02.03.2020 kl 14:43 949

KanonBra dette!! :-) Dette kommer til å bli et kjempemarked for Tomra. Gleder meg når "alle" verdens såkalte analytikere for øynene opp for Tomra. Da blir det trangt i døren ;-) Ser skikkelig frem til våren som Tomra aksjonær. Rakett motoren er i ferd med å starte!!! Dette blir gøy:-)

Investor
Kommentatoren
02.03.2020 kl 21:00 851

Ja, momentumet er kanonbra nå KanonBra5. Ja, det er enormt, innen alt Tomra driver med. Ingen påstand dette, men faktum, er min påstand. Det er urolige tider på børsen, og det er vanskelig å spå, særlig om fremtiden, men her er det umulig å være annet enn optimist, slik jeg ser det.