Q-Free Drives Citywide Traffic Operations for Greeley, Colorado

Slettet bruker
QFR 16.04.2020 kl 09:55 858

Q-Free Drives Citywide Traffic Operations for Greeley, Colorado into the Future

Q-Free’s Intelight technology to safely and efficiently modernize legacy traffic systems, even as COVID-19 impedes and shuts down transportation projects nationwide

CARLSBAD, California, 15 April 2020 – Q-Free (OSE: QFR), a global leader in mobility solutions for smart city infrastructure, today announced the award of a citywide contract to modernize traffic operations using its leading Intelight technology for the City of Greeley, Colorado. The project is already moving forward safely and on time using Q-Free’s remote installation technology helping to limit in-person interaction during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Project Details

Working with long-time distributor AM Signal Inc., Q-Free was selected over multiple competing bids—including the incumbent—to modernize the city’s legacy traffic signal infrastructure. The Q-Free solution–which includes Intelight MAXVIEW atms, Intelight MAXTIME, and Intelight 2070 LDX ATC controllers–delivers numerous improvements and cost-saving features, such as:

Advanced traffic signal performance measures (ATSPMS) to optimize traffic signal timing and identify safety and operational issues

Transit signal priority to improve arrival times while minimizing disruption to vehicular traffic

Support for connected vehicles and adaptive traffic signal control to improve traffic flow, safety, and reduce emissions

End-to-end network security with controller integrated user accounts and support for modern communications protocols

Support for multiple vendors’ traffic signal controllers ensuring an open, competitive solution

Full Steam Ahead

Work for the project is already underway and projected to continue on schedule leveraging the remote install, configuration, and maintenance capabilities of Q-Free technology. Coupled with the expertise and drive of all teams involved, the intuitive and secure Intelight software provides a modern integration procedure that is shelter-in-place ready.

Tom Stiles, executive vice president of urban solutions for Q-Free, says the project requirements and timing highlight the importance of integrating modern technology in a safe, secure manner. “The fact that we can continue the installation with minimal risk to personnel or public safety during this unprecedented time is a testament to our proven technology, experience, and the skill-set of all partners involved.”

The Q-Free installation brings Greeley to the forefront of traffic management and positions the city for the future by providing an expandable technology platform, ready for big-data and the connected vehicle world of tomorrow through secure, field-proven, functionality.

In addition, unlike many competing systems, Q-Free’s MAXTIME software and ATC controllers are built to integrate fully with other vendor’s equipment. Should Greeley decide to purchase a central management system from another vendor in the future, Q-Free’s open management information bases (MIBs) allow the city to do it freely without expensive and unnecessary retrofits and upgrades.

AM Signal Inc. vice president, Arnold Undzis, said the agreement offers a vision of the future. “Q-Free’s approach is unique in our industry. Combined with our commitment to the highest quality, yet personalized installation and service, we believe the City of Greeley and its residents will see a profound benefit.”

https://www.q-free.com/about/q-free-drives-citywide-traffic-operations-for-greeley-colorado-into-the-future/
Redigert 19.01.2021 kl 18:13 Du må logge inn for å svare
aleksander1
16.04.2020 kl 10:15 837

Dette er et eksempel på det Volldal sa under Q4-presentasjonen. Man kan gå ned på kommunenivå istedenfor for å jakte på større kontrakter. Bra!

Har du noen tanker om hva en slik kontrakt er verdt i dollar?
Slettet bruker
16.04.2020 kl 10:30 824

Nei, har ikke peiling, men Volldal sa iallefall under Q4 2019 at i ordreboken og pipeline var det mange kontrakter med betydelig bedre marginer enn veldig mye i fortid så la oss håpe dette er en slik. Dessuten er det jo mange byer og tettsteder i USA, for å si det sånn så høres bra ut og dette ja. Imponerende også at man kan være operativ på denne måten i en tøff tid med vanskelige arbeidsforhold for alle og enhver. Lovende!
Redigert 16.04.2020 kl 10:43 Du må logge inn for å svare
aleksander1
16.04.2020 kl 13:25 766

Greeley har litt over 100.000 innbyggere så hvis det er gode marginer og dette er noe de klarer å få levert til flere tettsteder i USA blir dette bra :)